Biweekly Battle Sprite Showdown III ~Crossover Chaos~

ErrantDShepherd

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really as long as it conforms to 16 colors with that dark grey outline whocares

also it's incredibly unfair to even talk about DQ based on a goddamn WIP let the man finish at least

ilu thor god of thunder and my life

Look, once you go above 40 pixels, "FE Style" battle sprites gets very difficult to judge. Fomortiis and the Fire Dragon look very different from the human classes, because, by nature of their size, there's more room for detail. 35 pixels means good luck fitting in a head and a body, but 150 pixels gives you a lot of room for little things. Doesn't make it any less FE style. By the nature of the contest's concept, crossover = not quite FE style anyway

why am i defending myself to the person who put a pokemon into fire emblem style anyway

You have a problem with FE-styled Pokemon sprites?

But fine, we can wait until the finished product shows up. If it doesn't end up being close enough to the FE style, it shouldn't be allowed, that's really all I can say. It was fair enough that my entry for the last contest got rejected, so I don't want to see someone else's entry be allowed in despite breaking a rule. That wouldn't be fair, would it?

Edited by Anacybele

...meant to reply instead of buggering the original post. XD

...anyways.

THEME/TOPIC: "Crossover Chaos" sprite a pre-existing non-Fire Emblem video-game character in Fire Emblem style.

-either translated into the style itself, or reimagined/redesigned into a Fire Emblem class type.

(Examples: Link in FE style, Sonic the Mercenary Hedgehog... etc... Have fun with it! :D )

----

REMINDER: entry must NOT be a character from Fire Emblem

------

Rules of the competition for your reference.

[spoiler=Rules]

RULES:

1) only 1 entry per contestant, either in the Full Custom division or in the Splice/Edit division.

-Please declare which division you fall under to avoid potential confusion.

2) No voting for your own entry!

3) Entries should be limited to 16 colors.(15 colors+ 1 background color) This is more of a guideline, but good to follow for style and challenge reasons. Colors may be custom or using GBA sprite palletes.

4) No posting previous/old works! This means no edits/recolors of something previously made as well.

-allowing previous/old works would give an unfair advantage to certain entries, two weeks is a good amount of time to work on an entry... how fair would it be to have to go up against something someone spent months or even a year on?

-creating brand new works, encourages creativity and artistic growth and development, kinda what the whole art forums are about... isn't it?

----

Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host!(That's me Errant, currently) ...or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.

Hope you all enjoy and have some fun! Lets get spriting! :D

...can you show me in the rules where it says entries will be disqualified if not matching FE style enough? The idea is to TRY to match Fire Emblem style.

...how much a sprite matches up is up to the voters, unless something seems distinctly out there, like not 16bit or going into 8bit or something Paintingesque. In which case, I will inform the entrant personally. Thanks. :|

...so Ana, worry about your own sprite. ESPECIALLY as MercLord's entry isn't even finished yet... Unless you seriously want me to open up that can of worms of judging how much things fit FE style... you may not like that judging so much. :\

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

NP, hope it was helpful.

Debating splitting this into Best Still sprite and Best Animated sprite categories if we get enough animated entries. Thoughts? :0

I'd say split animations into their own category, yeah...

BTW anyone else thinking we should make animations and stills our two divisions this time around? Would like more feedback on this. :o)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

tCAXkJy.gif

Shulk from Xenoblade. Almost done, just a few return frames left.

[spoiler=Artwork]SeVxq6B.png

Dude...that Monado animation! Hnnngghhh! Dunban has someone to play with! Speaking of Dunban, he got some minor tweaks

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

...meant to reply instead of buggering the original post. XD

...anyways. ...can you show me in the rules where it says entries will be disqualified if not matching FE style enough? The idea is to TRY to match Fire Emblem style.

...how much a sprite matches up is up to the voters, unless something seems distinctly out there, like not 16bit or going into 8bit or something Paintingesque. In which case, I will inform the entrant personally. Thanks. :|

...so Ana, worry about your own sprite. ESPECIALLY as MercLord's entry isn't even finished yet... Unless you seriously want me to open up that can of worms of judging how much things fit FE style... you may not like that judging so much. :\

Your rules say "in Fire Emblem style." Not "close to it " or "try to make it FE style." I'm just trying to be fair here. And I feel Mercenary Lord's entry might (keyword MIGHT) be breaking this rule. But like I said, we can wait until he finishes it.

If how much a sprite matches is up to the voters, well, I'm going to be a voter. So I get a say according to that logic.

If Mercenary Lord's sprite breaks the rules, it should be disqualified. I'm not going to be okay with being disqualified from the last contest for breaking a rule and someone else not being disqualified when they break a rule.

If how much a sprite matches is up to the voters, well, I'm going to be a voter. So I get a say according to that logic.

He meant that it is up to the voters with their votes. You are twisting his words.

Ana, are you seriously arguing what the contest rules mean with the person who made the contest lol

People had no problem pointing out the rules to me when ErrantShepherd wasn't around.

Seriously, why do people keep having a problem with my views around here? All I'm trying to do is help keep things fair. Don't make me feel like I'm being targeted again.

I'd say matching style can be pretty objective, the rule you broke doesn't really have much room for interpretation, though you tried really hard to twist it in your favor. You really need to just let Errant run the comp, it seems every entry that's even a little different you start complaining for it to be DQ'd. It's getting pretty annoying.

What? I don't recall complaining about any entry except for Mercenary Lord's and that one animated one. And I'm not complaining about the latter anymore, I decided I was wrong there.

Seriously, why do people keep having a problem with my views around here? All I'm trying to do is help keep things fair. Don't make me feel like I'm being targeted again.

Woah pro victim playing! Your view is wrong, and people have a problem with wrong views, so they're targeting you for being wrong, not you as a person.

What? I don't recall complaining about any entry except for Mercenary Lord's and that one animated one. And I'm not complaining about the latter anymore, I decided I was wrong there.

Two complaints too many. I think it would have been best if you PM'd the thread creator rather than post about it in the topic, and I think it would be best if you take it to PMs with Errant on this matter too. Mentioning in the thread may offend the person you're targeting, and that only leads to misunderstandings.
Edited by franku

But it's not wrong this time. And I said don't make me feel like I'm being targeted, not that I DO feel like I'm being targeted.

Fair point about PMing though, you're right. Nobody wants anymore drama around here.