Rom with hector hard mode?

Maxkim

I wanna play fire emblem 7 again really badly, but I also don't wanna have to replay all the annoying tutorials/normal modes that I'll have to play in order to unlock hector hard mode. Does anyone know where I can find a rom with it already unlocked? I'm playing on my iPhone with gba4ios.

First: if you need a rom, please don't ask for it here. Google it or something

Second: you're looking for a .SAV file, not the rom itself. This has All modes (so yea HectorHardMode)

as a little bonus, in addition to having all difficulties unlocked, it's also got the Mario Kart: Double Dash bonuses unlocked for transfer

I'm assuming that you want to play it from your iPhone.

1. Do you have the ROM?
2. Do you have a suitable emulator? (e.g. GBA4iOS if you want to play from your iPhone)

If you have them in your iPhone, then use the save file to play the game.

If you have them in your dropbox then download them to your iPhone.

If you don't have either of them, then ask Google.

Edited by icecube

Remember that the .sav file needs to have the same name as the ROM (excluding file extensions), and needs to be in the same folder. Don't load the ROM in your chosen emulator until the above conditions are met, or the emulator will create a new .sav file instead of using the one with Hector hard mode unlocked, and then you'd have to delete the unwanted one manually.

Remember that the .sav file needs to have the same name as the ROM (excluding file extensions), and needs to be in the same folder. Don't load the ROM in your chosen emulator until the above conditions are met, or the emulator will create a new .sav file instead of using the one with Hector hard mode unlocked, and then you'd have to delete the unwanted one manually.

What do you mean by the same folder? In Dropbox or on my actual iPhone? And I should change the name of the file to whatever my rom is called and add . Rar to the end?

Max

You can't play games if they're on your Dropbox. Just like you need to download files from an email before being able to edit and use them, like a .DOCX (Microsoft Word) or .XLS (Microsoft Excel), you'll need to download the save file for your game before your phone can read it. If you want to play the game on your iPhone, you need to have the game and the save file on your phone. it doesn't matter how you get them there, (and since you got the GBA player on your iPhone i assume you can figure out how to get files onto your device). I'll assume that your game is placed in your iPhone's download area.

You could get the DropBox app, log in, and download the .SAV file from your dropbox to wherever your phone decides it should go, like your Downloads folder

You could open Safari or Chrome on your iPhone, go to Dropbox.com, log in, and download the .SAV file from your dropbox to wherever your phone decides it should go, like your Downloads folder

You could log on to your computer at home, go to Dropbox.com, etc. Then, plug your iPhone into your computer, and manually copy/paste the .SAV file from your C:\USER\DOWNLOADS folder to somewhere on your iPhone

You could log on to your computer at home, go to Dropbox.com, etc. Then, log into your Gmail or Hotmail or YahooMail or whatever, attach the .SAV file to an email, send the email to yourself, then go back to your iPhone, open your MAIL app, and download the .SAV file you just sent yourself.

However you acquire your rom and your save files, you'll want your thing to look like

My_Fire_Emblem.sav
My_Fire_Emblem.rar

or

My_Fire_Emblem.sav
My_Fire_Emblem.gba 

together, in the same place. If they are not in the same location together, then you the game cannot find the save file, and you're out of luck. If they are in the same place, then they need to be named the same thing (other than the filetype) or your game will not be able to find the save file, and you're out of luck

I don't know if the GBA4Ios whatever can play .RAR filetypes, or if it can only play .GBA. I would use the .GBA preferably.

If your files are being downloaded straight to your dropbox, and you have no idea how to use dropbox, you need to stop using dropbox immediately, or learn how to use it first. Otherwise, more challenging tasks are going to be extremely difficult for you.

Edited by Sara.

Ok, I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm gonna list everything step by step so you guys can find out where I'm going wrong.

I have gba4ios

I know how to get roms. The way I get them is I google them, download them, they go into my downloads file as a .zip, which I then open in gba4ios. I have no idea where the non zip file is.

This file that Sara posted for me shows up as a .rar file, and the only options it gives me when I try to download it is to Dropbox or to drive, and once I download it to one of those I can only move it to the other, not to my actual phone.

I also don't currently have access to a laptop.

Anyone tech savvy know what to do?

Update: I downloaded this app called file master and managed to get the .sav and .gba file both into a folder in that app, and I named them the same thing, but when I open the game the save doesn't load. I'm not really sure why

Same exact name fire both the save and the rom?

Yeah, same exact name. I decompressed the file you linked me too and named it exactly what my game was called, then put them both into my documents folder in file master since I can't get them into downloads for some reason

Ok, I think I MIGHT know the problem. I'm using gba4ios version 2.1, and it seems in this version the .sav files aren't called the same thing as the game, rather they're name is just like a bunch of random numbers and stuff. Am I getting somewhere?

• 1 year later...

I am using GBA.emu and it doesn't have the capabilities to load outside .sav files a hack that unlocks all the modes right out of the box would be amazing. Playing through ff6's normal mode was a snore-fest to unlock hard and i dont want to go through that again.