Bottom Tier:

Tiltyu

Best Castle Guard Ever Tier:

Ardan

Gen 2:

God Tier:

Celice

Leif

Leen(Not even gonna bother nameing the fathers)

Leylea

OP Tier:

Aless

Beowulf!Delmud

Oifaye

Top High Tier:

Levin!Arthur

Shanan

Levin!Sety

Non Father!Finn

High Tier:

Claude!Sety

Noish!Fee and Claude!Fee

Azel!Nanna and Fin!Nanna

Lana

Azel!Delmud

Midir!Lester

Lex!Arthur

Father!Finn

Hawk

Upper Mid Tier:

Azel!Arthur

Lachke

Skasher

Mid Tier:

Amid

Lex!Teeny

Tristan

Janne

Linda

Johan

Low Mid Tier:

Patty

Teeny

Faval

Low Tier:

Sharlow

Claud!Corpul

Lex!Corpul

Levin!Corpul

Bottom Tier:

Johalva

Assaello

Best Castle Gaurd Ever:

Hannibal

Open units

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levin is Top tier because Holsety and insane speed.. Dew is upper mid because cash dumps. Lex is either High or Top, leaning more towards Top as almost nothing stops him once he gets the Hero Axe until late Chpater 4. Tiltyu is Bottom easily. She starts weak and becomes mediocre at best.

Noish and Alec for Low Mid Tier? Great availability, and they're mounted, but in my experience neither of them ever really excelled at anything. Alec was fast but could barely dent anything, and Noish could hit decently hard but never follow it up.

Edited by Ambulz

to be fair, check the fe4 drafts.

It gives a good idea as to how this would go.

Moms

Aideen, Ethlin, and Sylvia to top tier for mothers. Unmistakeable utility. Hard to fuck up. [unless it's Aideen we're talking about here. Noone else wants midir anyways.]

Tiltyu, Lachesis, and Fury for high. Arya and Briggid for mid. Solid with the right pairings anyways. Tiltyu is amazing with Levin, great with Lex, and useable with Azel. Lachesis/Fury are really hard to fuck up.

Aira's good, but she's not mounted. Hard to fuck up, and produces solid kids. Briggid's tricky-ish. She costs turns Just gear the pairing towards Patty and you'll be fine.

Dads.

Lex, Cuan, Finn, and Levin for top tier. No doubt. Great dads and great combat.

Noish, Dew, and Claude for high tier.

Noish is a solid dad and helps out early on. Dew's solid and can level fast with the Light Sword tricks. Claude gives major blaggi.

Mid: Midir, Beowulf, Jamka, Arden, Azel.

Dads who are mostly only good with certain moms and dads who are "ok" but still mediocre.

Midir's kinda crap outside of Aideen and maybe Briggid. Jamka's kind of the same, but he can easily go with Aira too.

Arden gives lots of str/def, but nothing else.

Azel's alright, but isn't high priority with anyone.

Shit:

Holyn-Redundant, and isn't even a good dad for swordtwin kids. Massive hp and skil and meh everything else to kids. I mean for fucks sake Arden is a better overall parent because of his growths and potential weapons selection to pass down.

Gen 2-

Top tier Celice, Oifaye, Finn, Artur, Ares, Leif, Shanan, dancers, and Sety/Hawk.

High Tier- Nanna, Lana, Delmud, Lester, Pegs, and the subs of high/top tier characters.

Mid-Everyone not in bottom.

Botton- Hannibal, Sharlow, Radney, Roddlebad, Assaello, Johalva.

What about the inheritance of children? Do we take only the best possible father into consideration? Or maybe having a higher number of good fathers should be held in a characters' favor?

Either way, Oifaye for top/very high tier in gen 2.

Edited by Yojinbo

-Ratings are based on effeciency

Define this

Also why would you use the FEWiki as a growths source when this is serenes forest, a better overall fire emblem information source

Define this

Also why would you use the FEWiki as a growths source when this is serenes forest, a better overall fire emblem information source

Because Im lazy and I already have the FEWiki Bookmark page highlighted Ill change the links soon promise

Ill Look at drafts to come up with a reasnoble turn count

We are not rating the gen 1 tier lists on how useful the units are as fathers but as there performance in that gen (only worthwhile kid pairings are included)

My propositions Oifaye top of High Lex is in that Hero axe tier I saw on some tier lists

Who is pro Aless Shanan Celice Leif Levin!Sety Levin!Arthur for top

Gen 1 should probably look something like this:

Sigurd Tier:

Sigurd

Top Tier:

Levin

Sylvia

Hero Axe Tier:

Lex

High Tier:

Ethlin

Cuan

I think hero axe should be or slightly worse then top tiers or slightly better But yea seems right this are preety solid canidates Midayle for bottom upper mid or High Mid IMO

You guys think 270 turns is a good number?

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I'm kind of hesitant to rank foot units that high except for Dancers. Then again I find it hard to rank foot units in FE4 in general.

For Gen 2 I'd say Celice, Oifaye, Aless, Leaf, Laylea and Leen are top tier for sure. Levin!Arthur is possibly top tier, at worst top of high tier, Lex!Arthur is high tier, Beowulf!Delmud is high tier, Fin is high tier and various iterations of Nanna are probably high tier. That's all I can say for sure. Putting Shanan in top tier just feels weird to me because as OP as he may be he probably won't be doing as much as the other top tiers do, same for Levin!Sety or Claude!Sety.

I'm kind of hesitant to rank foot units that high except for Dancers. Then again I find it hard to rank foot units in FE4 in general.

For Gen 2 I'd say Celice, Oifaye, Aless, Leaf, Laylea and Leen are top tier for sure. Levin!Arthur is possibly top tier, at worst top of high tier, Lex!Arthur is high tier, Beowulf!Delmud is high tier, Fin is high tier and various iterations of Nanna are probably high tier. That's all I can say for sure. Putting Shanan in top tier just feels weird to me because as OP as he may be he probably won't be doing as much as the other top tiers do, same for Levin!Sety or Claude!Sety.

I am inclined to disagree here I think Oifaye being the best High tier is the best thing because he is as good as any of the other top tiers same goes for Leif before promotion post promo he becomes a top tier so id rank him low top (mabye or mabye top high above or below oifaye or equal) laylea and leen are for sure Top for me too but again low top

Claude Sety is going High IMO

Levin!Sety and Shanan are the only foot units to get rescued Shanan has god offence same with Sety I think we should have another opinion on them before we choose

Lex!Arthur High Tier? then Azel!Arthur for High Mid (Yes I surrendured)

Changes:

Top Tier:

Levin!Arthur

Aless

Celice

Shanan

Leif

Levin!Sety

High Tier:

Leylea

Leen(Dont even bother put all the pairings in that she is that good regardless of father)

Oifaye

Delmud!Beowulf

Claude!Sety

Lex!Arthur

Upper Middle:

Azel!Arthur

Now I propose

Azel!Nanna For High Fin!Nanna High because of convo

Finn(Not a father) for High

Finn(Father) High Mid

Noish!Fee Claude!Fee for High

to be fair, check the fe4 drafts.

It gives a good idea as to how this would go.

Moms

Aideen, Ethlin, and Sylvia to top tier for mothers. Unmistakeable utility. Hard to fuck up. [unless it's Aideen we're talking about here. Noone else wants midir anyways.]

Tiltyu, Lachesis, and Fury for high. Arya and Briggid for mid. Solid with the right pairings anyways. Tiltyu is amazing with Levin, great with Lex, and useable with Azel. Lachesis/Fury are really hard to fuck up.

Aira's good, but she's not mounted. Hard to fuck up, and produces solid kids. Briggid's tricky-ish. She costs turns Just gear the pairing towards Patty and you'll be fine.

Dads.

Lex, Cuan, Finn, and Levin for top tier. No doubt. Great dads and great combat.

Noish, Dew, and Claude for high tier.

Noish is a solid dad and helps out early on. Dew's solid and can level fast with the Light Sword tricks. Claude gives major blaggi.

Mid: Midir, Beowulf, Jamka, Arden, Azel.

Dads who are mostly only good with certain moms and dads who are "ok" but still mediocre.

Midir's kinda crap outside of Aideen and maybe Briggid. Jamka's kind of the same, but he can easily go with Aira too.

Arden gives lots of str/def, but nothing else.

Azel's alright, but isn't high priority with anyone.

Shit:

Holyn-Redundant, and isn't even a good dad for swordtwin kids. Massive hp and skil and meh everything else to kids. I mean for fucks sake Arden is a better overall parent because of his growths and potential weapons selection to pass down.

Gen 2-

Top tier Celice, Oifaye, Finn, Artur, Ares, Leif, Shanan, dancers, and Sety/Hawk.

High Tier- Nanna, Lana, Delmud, Lester, Pegs, and the subs of high/top tier characters.

Mid-Everyone not in bottom.

Botton- Hannibal, Sharlow, Radney, Roddlebad, Assaello, Johalva.

All corpuls are shittier then sharlow due to berserk the only sub of high tier material is hawk Janne no lol the only Peg is Fee unless you mean althena (yea id rank her high) Femina is low or bottom

Amid for Upper Mid IMO doe

Sharlow for Low and most corpuls to bottom IMO (basicly non claude levin or lex corpul will be ranked over Y U EXIST TIER)

For The Record The Top Tier listing Are not finished at all so yea dont take them seriously at the moment it just the overall best canidates for top

Edit:Leen and leylea for top this is not ranked im stoopid

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Adding in units based on their fathers will make the list a tad too complex. Let's just take the best fathers of each child and average them, then put them on the list as one unit.

Aideen: Midir, Jamka, Azel, Claud

Ayra: Noish, Holyn, Lex, Jamka

Lach: Beowulf, Fin, Azel

Sylvia: Levin, Lex, Claud (This quote doesn't matter as much.)

Fury: Levin, Claud, Noish, Azel

Briggid: Dew, Jamka, Midir, Holyn, Lex

Tiltyu: Levin, Lex, Azel

Edited by momogeek2141

Adding in units based on their fathers will make the list a tad too complex. Let's just take the best fathers of each child and average them, then put them on the list as one unit.

Aideen: Midir, Jamka, Azel, Claud

Ayra: Noish, Holyn, Lex, Jamka

Lach: Beowulf, Fin, Azel

Sylvia: Levin, Lex, Claud (This quote doesn't matter as much.)

Fury: Levin, Claud, Noish, Azel

Briggid: Dew, Jamka, Midir, Holyn, Lex

Tiltyu: Levin, Lex, Azel

id disagree to some degree

Tiltyu Pairings are rocky in quality (god for levin great for lex and good for azel) we are rating the kids on performance so best pairings are assumed so only the worthwhile ones will be ranked

(for example Lex!Lachke will be ranked above Noish!Lachke but Lex!Ulster will be ranked Lower then Noish!Skasher IMO)

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Top Tier:

Levin

Sylvia

Why is Levin so high? Anyways, here's a preliminary tier list that I came up with (not taking into account parenting capabilities). Horace can probably fix whatever's wrong with it lol.

SS:

Sigurd

S:

Sylvia

A+:

Ethlin

Cuan

A-:

Lachesis

Lex

Finn

B:

Aideen

Dew

Fury

C+:

Midir

Alec

Noish

C:

Levin

Beowulf

D:

Deirdre

Ayra

Holyn

Jamka

E:

Claude

Briggid

F:

Azel

Arden

Tiltyu

Edited by Refa

Aideen- Bottom of High; good mother, essential for a gen 1 Rescue staff, and a good Warp user throughout the game.

Noish/Alec- I think I would bump them up to Mid; they're not great but they're mounted and they're there the entire game.

Lex- His position is about right but I don't see the point of a tier solely for Lex; the difference between him and Sylvia and the difference between him and Ethlin is not as large as the difference between Sigurd and Levin. IMO below Sylvia in Top, but above Ethlin in High would be okay too.

Azel- Low tier; good offence but bad movement and doesn't have the durability either through stats or skills to take on a bunch of enemies at once. But I think his availability and the fact that he has the capability to get a horse at some point makes him better than Tiltyu.

Fin- Upper Mid below Dew maybe? He's not great in Prologue but starting Chapter 1 and especially 2-3 he's pretty good, and Prayer is awesome if you can use it well. He also gets the Hero Lance for at least one chapter.

Ayra- Below Noish and Alec in Mid, I think. Bad movement and her durability isn't that good. She also relies too much on Astra to be able to kill a lot of tougher enemies. Gets the Hero Sword I guess?

Holyn- Above Noish and Alec in Mid or maybe between them and Ayra idk. I think his durability is a lot better than Ayra's and when a swordskill doesn't proc he does more damage.

Deirdre- Below Azel in Low; I think she's better than Tiltyu because she can Silence and has Prayer and that can maybe be useful.

Jamka- Lower Mid? He has great skills and good offence but bowlock and foot. Also Gen 1 only has one brigade of bow units, in Chapter 5 IIRC, and even that one is pretty far considering you're rushing forward at the beginning of the map with your mounties no matter what to get to Vylon.

Lachesis- This is tough. I think it depends mostly on how many resources she's entitled to to allow her to promote. I'm going to throw out above Aideen in High?

Beowulf- like... top of Mid? Beo has a mount and Pursuit and I guess he has Charge but he's pretty unspectacular otherwise. His promo gains are pretty funny though.

Midir- I want to say Bottom of Upper Mid? Bowlock isn't so bad if you can hit and run, and he has Pursuit and stuff.

Claude- Lower Mid above Jamka maybe?

id disagree to some degree

Tiltyu Pairings are rocky in quality (god for levin great for lex and good for azel) we are rating the kids on performance so best pairings are assumed so only the worthwhile ones will be ranked

(for example Lex!Lachke will be ranked above Noish!Lachke but Lex!Ulster will be ranked Lower then Noish!Skasher IMO)

Roles of the children are going to be very similar anyways. Their pairings only affect the extent to which the child will be used. So I say either use the absolute best pairing, or use a combination of the best.

That said, Noish Lackche blows Lex Lakche out of the water. All the battle extending skills AND Astra AND critical is far better than Elite which is better off on some other child. Defenses don't help much either when the Horse units tank much of the enemy phase.

Edited by momogeek2141

Aideen- Bottom of High; good mother, essential for a gen 1 Rescue staff, and a good Warp user throughout the game.

Noish/Alec- I think I would bump them up to Mid; they're not great but they're mounted and they're there the entire game.

Lex- His position is about right but I don't see the point of a tier solely for Lex; the difference between him and Sylvia and the difference between him and Ethlin is not as large as the difference between Sigurd and Levin. IMO below Sylvia in Top, but above Ethlin in High would be okay too. There is a preety large diffrence beetween lex and ethilin 2 extra chapters he is aviable at

Azel- Low tier; good offence but bad movement and doesn't have the durability either through stats or skills to take on a bunch of enemies at once. But I think his availability and the fact that he has the capability to get a horse at some point makes him better than Tiltyu.He will get the horse somewhere in chapter 3 So yea lower mid

Fin- Upper Mid below Dew maybe? He's not great in Prologue but starting Chapter 1 and especially 2-3 he's pretty good, and Prayer is awesome if you can use it well. He also gets the Hero Lance for at least one chapter.

Ayra- Below Noish and Alec in Mid, I think. Bad movement and her durability isn't that good. She also relies too much on Astra to be able to kill a lot of tougher enemies. Gets the Hero Sword I guess?

Holyn- Above Noish and Alec in Mid or maybe between them and Ayra idk. I think his durability is a lot better than Ayra's and when a swordskill doesn't proc he does more damage.

Probs High mid

Deirdre- Below Azel in Low; I think she's better than Tiltyu because she can Silence and has Prayer and that can maybe be useful.

Bottom WE TAKE AVIABILLITY INTO discussion and usefulness

Jamka- Lower Mid? He has great skills and good offence but bowlock and foot. Also Gen 1 only has one brigade of bow units, in Chapter 5 IIRC, and even that one is pretty far considering you're rushing forward at the beginning of the map with your mounties no matter what to get to Vylon.

Bowlock isnt much of a problem in FE4

Lachesis- This is tough. I think it depends mostly on how many resources she's entitled to to allow her to promote. I'm going to throw out above Aideen in High?

Beowulf- like... top of Mid? Beo has a mount and Pursuit and I guess he has Charge but he's pretty unspectacular otherwise. His promo gains are pretty funny though.

Top Mid Bottom Upper mid?

Midir- I want to say Bottom of Upper Mid? Bowlock isn't so bad if you can hit and run, and he has Pursuit and stuff.

Claude- Lower Mid above Jamka maybe?

Really

WE ARE NOT TAKING FATHERS into discussion what dont you get same with goes with mothers

claude lower mid agreed

Jamka lower mid disagreed (Mid or upper mid)

Why is Levin so high? Anyways, here's a preliminary tier list that I came up with (not taking into account parenting capabilities). Horace can probably fix whatever's wrong with it lol.

SS:

Sigurd

S:

Sylvia

A+:

Ethlin

Cuan

A-:

Alec

Finn

Lachesis

B:

Aideen

Dew

Fury

C+:

Midir

Noish

C:

Lex

Levin

Deirdre

D:

Beowulf

Ayra

Holyn

Jamka

E:

Claude

Briggid

F:

Azel

Arden

Tiltyu

Is this taking Starting Items holy blood and not bias in this because diadora in C is preety ridicolus same with azel in F and aviabillity and horse post promo

Roles of the children are going to be very similar anyways. Their pairings only affect the extent to which the child will be used. So I say either use the absolute best pairing, or use a combination of the best.

That said, Noish Lackche blows Lex Lakche out of the water. All the battle extending skills AND Astra AND critical is far better than Elite which is better off on some other child. Defenses don't help much either when the Horse units tank much of the enemy phase.

Hero sword may have critical at chapter 5 or chapter mid chap 6 (although im not saying she is gonna get dibs on it its gonna be her starting item) with lex she becomes SM so fast but considering this isnt EXP rank yea I see your point

Changes in tiers:

Beowulf Bottom Upper mid

Azel Still Undecided (gonna be low or bottom lower mid anyway being above diadora 100%)

Finn To Upper Mid below dew

Midir to Upper mid below finn

Lachesis to high (Amazing chapter 4 and 5 performances are enough to get her from upper mid including being in the best class in game)

On another note

What about Faval I think he is best fitting on mid because of his aviabillity and Ichival being notmounted makes him worse doe

Jamka!Lester and Midayle!Lester to upper Mid?

Lackhe and Skasher to Mid?

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I think it's OK to rank certain characters multiple times in gen 2 if they function completely different based on their father. This is notable in the cases of Beo!Delmud / Azel!Delmud and Levin!Arthur / Lex!Arthur at least. At the same time I agree it makes no sense to put every pssible iteration of Lakche into high tier. I don't think there needs to be a general rule to treat thi subject though, it can easily done on a case-by-case basis imo.

Her silencing staff capabilities along with being able to use Warp/Return for one chapter are more helpful than what anyone below her does, yes. Also Azel is one of the worst units in the game, you'd be lucky to get him to promotion efficiently.

I think it's OK to rank certain characters multiple times in gen 2 if they function completely different based on their father. This is notable in the cases of Beo!Delmud / Azel!Delmud and Levin!Arthur / Lex!Arthur at least. At the same time I agree it makes no sense to put every pssible iteration of Lakche into high tier. I don't think there needs to be a general rule to treat thi subject though, it can easily done on a case-by-case basis imo.

None of the iterations of Lachke are good enough to be high tier, not even Balmung Lachke.

Edited by Refa

Unless we're going so fast we're not getting the Hero Axe I don't see how Lex is worse than Noish and Alec, or for that matter why Alec is that high when he can't do anything other than keep up. If you're taking about Diadora being ~mid for Warp/Return in one chapter and Silencing a few enemies, Lachesis definitely jumps up to above Alec, who doesn't do anything other than chip enemies all game.

Azel is not promoting in Chapter 3; he'd be lucky to promote ever.

Also yeah Ethlin leaves earlier but when she's around she's really good so I really don't see the point of Lex getting his own tier. Actually I think I would drop Levin and down to High and have Sylvia alone in Top.

Edited by BBM

I think Noish is a considerably better unit than Alec btw. Like, a tier difference between them would not even be an exaggeration tbqh.

None of the iterations of Lachke are good enough to be high tier, not even Balmung Lachke.

My point is a different one.