• Leif
    • Aless
    • Celice
    • Shanan
    • Levin!Sety
    • Levin!Arthur
    • Leen/Laylea
    • Roddlebad

for the purposes of this list I think HolynxBriggid is bad because it involves giving Patty a hero sword which is never a good thing. Might as well do a pairing that gives you a better Faval.

Im putting 1 faval and 3 Pattys

(HolynXBriggid gives best patty regardless of hero sword)

Probably best faval is Dew@Faval

Mainly cuz Most favals function identically

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the purposes of this list I think HolynxBriggid is bad because it involves giving Patty a hero sword which is never a good thing. Might as well do a pairing that gives you a better Faval.

Noish!Faval is the best because he can totally ORKO Julius if you rig harder.

Edited by Refa

Yeah, Noish!Faval is really good and underrated and I'm not sure if Noish!Patty is that much worse than Holyn!Patty. Holyn!Patty's ability to use the Hero Sword only really matters in ranked runs because she can Luna Hax her way through arenas but that doesn't matter for the purposes of this tier list. Then again, Patty is kinda irrelevant for the purposes of this tier list alltogether so she should probably get a pretty low spot [same deal with Faval].

Yeah, Noish!Faval is really good and underrated and I'm not sure if Noish!Patty is that much worse than Holyn!Patty. Holyn!Patty's ability to use the Hero Sword only really matters in ranked runs because she can Luna Hax her way through arenas but that doesn't matter for the purposes of this tier list. Then again, Patty is kinda irrelevant for the purposes of this tier list alltogether so she should probably get a pretty low spot [same deal with Faval].

Noish!Patty is way worse then you think it is as well charge doesnt really help patty at all because extra round of combat is the opposite of what a thief needs

Low mid for Faval?

Holyn!Patty is only worth it for the Hero Sword, which other people want and deserve more. Her stats aren't terribly different, the only noticeable difference is an extra couple of HP and skill for Holyn!Patty. Critical and Luna are pretty comparable too, and generally most non-mage!Patty's tend to turn out pretty much the same. I don't think she really needs to be split for the purposes of a tier list.

Actually, I don't get why so many of the kids are split on the list, considering they're either next to or sharing a line with their other selves. Nor do I understand why Alec and Noish have their own tiers, you could probably lump the middle tiers together in that order.

For a tier list I'd say Patty should still be split and that Holyn Patty should probably be one of her higher fathers but there's probably a better one. In terms of ranked though I'd almost say it's her best because it actually makes her usable pre-promotion.

Faval Low Mid and Patty (Phys father) Mid?

Money isnt nearly as much of a problem in gen 2

Next Topic if we agree on this placement:

Ferry

Claud

Briggid

Holyn

Ayra

Adean

Jamuka

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

Patty doesn't actually do anything after the dancer has her Knight and Leg Rings. I don't really think she should be mid tier. For the purposes of this tier list she's actually pretty much the "worst" child unit other than Corple. There might be an argument for her to get a better ranking than Tinny or Faval but I really doubt it and I don't care enough about it anyway.

I'm suddenly trying to think of what Patty does and I realize it's basically nothing since you get everything from Inheritence anyway compared to Dew.

I mean, I guess Elite Ring but that's still only in ranked runs.

Edited by Psych

Fury: Right above Lachesis, perhaps (why is she so high, anyway? Training her is a chore and ideally she isn't promoting until late 3/early 4). Fury has exclusive rights to the Hero Lance if Fin pairs up (pretty likely as he's a great father) and has flight (not as important in FE4 but still warrants mention). She's got good combat and Pursuit with incredibly high Speed. I'd place her right below Fin because she essentially serves as his "replacement". She also shines in 4 against basically the whole chapter, especially with a Wing Clipper.

Claude: Low. Very low, like below Azel low. We already have Aideen, who is most likely promoted and paired, and has virtually exclusive Warp/Libro rights. Claude's only real contributions are Valkyring an ally (that may have needed to be sacrificed early on to clear an objective faster) and Rescue!Lana.

Briggid: Sniping Pegasus Knights in Chapter 4 is Briggid's best contribution, and Ichival does give her nice combat. But she joins late and in an awful join position. Ichival tends to cost turns to get, and being on foot means she isn't killing that much with it. I'd rank her in the higher half of foot units, so Mid is best for her. Just below Noish perhaps.

Holyn: Another "great combat but on foot" unit, Holyn is probably best right below Briggid because he does have great combat capabilities and also is one of the better physical fathers. Luna is like an extra Critical, and he activates often enough where it's useful in his combat.

Ayra: She's also got great combat, but is a little tougher to train than Holyn. Nonetheless she's one of the better foot units, and swordtwins. Keep her right next to Holyn, and possibly place her directly above/below him.

Aideen: Although she starts on foot and is a bit frail, Warp is hers for the keeping, and that's useful for Chapter 2 and also leveling her up in general. It's not hard to have Aideen promoted, and she can at least defend herself without dying. Libro and Restore are also most likely going to her. Aideen's your main staff unit for all of the first Generation, and the staves she usually carries are all very, very necessary. Rank her high. Above Lachesis even.

Jamka: Definitely in the lower end because he costs turns to recruit, but he has great combat, the Killer Bow, and insane skills.

I'd order it something along these lines (note that this is just me adding the new units and not moving any others around):

Sigurd Tier:

Sigurd

Top Tier:

Sylvia

High Tier:

Ethlin

Lex

Quan

Dew

Finn

Fury

Aideen

Lachesis

Upper Mid Tier:

Levin

Midir

Beowulf

Mid Tier:

Noish

Briggid

Holyn/Ayra

Low Mid Tier:

Alec

Jamka

Low Tier:

Azel

Claude

Diadora

Bottom Tier:

Tiltyu

Best Castle Guard Ever Tier:

Ardan

Tier list updated On to the next topic

Finishing Gen 1!:

Units to overview:

Ferry

Claud

Briggid

Holyn

Ayra

Adean

Jamuka

Fury's pretty good, but not fantastic. She's definately a step up from Beowulf who joins at a similar time, so I agree with the notion above (above Lachesis). She's never really great, but she's useful in every chapter (helping Tiltyu, Flight in Chapter 4, and killing Meteo mages in chapter 5.

I think Claude only exists to fill in if you killed all your other healers or something. He can use any staff, (and silence/sleep are useful in the last chapter) but Aideen can do that already and he has money issues. I actually think he's worse than Tiltyu.

Briggid really isn't that bad, she has good stats, and can tangle with the tough endgame bosses pretty well (probably second only to Levin). Her movement sucks yeah, but she's killing anything she's reaching (better than Levin lacking Holsety). She's still locked to 2 range, which honestly isn't too bad in this game. I'd put her above Noish, she's pretty much the same deal as Levin except he shows up earlier, and has 1 range. Levin has staves too, but he's probably not using anything other than like Relive.

Holyn does stuff I guess, he's pretty much the definition of a filler unit. He's pretty good in chapter 2 though. He's probably like above wherever Briggid ends up, he's actually very good at killing endgame bosses with Luna, he annhilates Langbart with the Iron Cutter if you still have it around, and his massive HP allows him to tank a hit from Reptor.

Ayra's like Holyn but shows up earlier, with lower defences. Personally I think Holyn is better since his stats are a little better, and she can't fight the endgame bosses very well.

Aideen is good. Staffbot/10. I'd put her below Levin though because doesn't actually heal very much past chapter 1 because her movement is so bad. Warp is cool though, but it's not very needed in gen 1 honestly, other than giving Aideen (or Deirdre) experience. I usually give Warp to Deirdre because she can actually afford to use it without taxing Dew.

Jamka's like a bow using Ayra, (I mean, charge/continue is pretty much the same offensive capability as astra) and he's very good with the killer bow, but Midir uses is much better and he's just another 6 move unit that kills things at the end of the day. He has hit issues in later chapters too without Lachesis or Sigurd around, and they're likely not to be very close because of the move difference. He doesn't cost turns for the purpose of this list either. I'd still probably put him above Alec or something. You can probably assimilate the Alec and Noish tiers though.

Edited by General Horace

Tier list chages:

Sigurd Tier:

Sigurd

Top Tier:

Sylvia

High Tier:

Ethlin

Lex

Quan

Dew

Finn

Fury

Aideen

Lachesis

Low High Tier:

Levin

Midir

Beowulf

Mid Tier:

Noish

Briggid

Holyn

Ayra

Jamka

Alec

Low Tier:

Azel

Claude

Diadora

Bottom Tier:

Tiltyu

Best Castle Guard Ever Tier:

Ardan

Topic:Levin VS Midir

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

Midir has a horse and availability going for him. Although he is rather weak. Levin is a combat god, but is stuck to 6 move (5 move before?) and requires the pursuit ring to reliably 1RKO units. Although he is probably the best candidate for it. Still, 6 move invalidates everything. Midir is better.

Just another, tiny thing. Why is Laylea above Leen? Charisma is meh, because a dancer should just dance and skedaddle out of the combat zone (why they get leg rings). And Leen can inherit stuff, unlike Laylea, making her more useful because of her lack of the necessity for money.

Edited by momogeek2141

I think Briggid, Holyn, Aira and Jamka shouldn't be where they are. Aira legitimately helps you a solid deal between Genoa castle and Marpha castle in Ch.1 and can fill in wherever you'd use Jamka or Holyn in Ch.2, Ch.3 and beyond so I think she should be above them, especially Briggid. Other than a few snipes in Ch.4 and Ch.5 Briggid isn't gonna help you ... Holyn and Aira are definitely doing more in combat than Briggid does. Like, Briggid might be better on paper but when you actually play the game it's kinda obvious that Aira contributes more towards whatever you try to achieve than Briggid does.

I'd rank Aira the highest out of these 4 units and Briggid the lowest. Dunno about Holyn vs Jamka, both are pretty filler all in all but both can be kinda helpful in Ch.2 and 3. But I think both will likely end up contributing more than Briggid does. I'm not sure if I'd rank Briggid higher than Alec either.

Midir is better than Levin. He's really good on player phase and thanks to canto FE4 is generally a pretty player phase centered game imo. I've really grown fond of him thanks to my LTC musings because he does a lot of crucial chipping against bosses and Killer Bow!Midir saves like 3 turns or so in Ch.2 alone. I wanna say he should probably be high tier actually just because he's generally useful throughout the entire generation but I might be biased here. I really do think he does more than like anybody except Sigurd, Lex, Fin, Sylvia and Ethlin though. I'd rank him in the same tier as Cuan and Fury.

I think Briggid, Holyn, Aira and Jamka shouldn't be where they are. Aira legitimately helps you a solid deal between Genoa castle and Marpha castle in Ch.1 and can fill in wherever you'd use Jamka or Holyn in Ch.2, Ch.3 and beyond so I think she should be above them, especially Briggid. Other than a few snipes in Ch.4 and Ch.5 Briggid isn't gonna help you ... Holyn and Aira are definitely doing more in combat than Briggid does. Like, Briggid might be better on paper but when you actually play the game it's kinda obvious that Aira contributes more towards whatever you try to achieve than Briggid does.

I'd rank Aira the highest out of these 4 units and Briggid the lowest. Dunno about Holyn vs Jamka, both are pretty filler all in all but both can be kinda helpful in Ch.2 and 3. But I think both will likely end up contributing more than Briggid does. I'm not sure if I'd rank Briggid higher than Alec either.

Midir is better than Levin. He's really good on player phase and thanks to canto FE4 is generally a pretty player phase centered game imo. I've really grown fond of him thanks to my LTC musings because he does a lot of crucial chipping against bosses and Killer Bow!Midir saves like 3 turns or so in Ch.2 alone. I wanna say he should probably be high tier actually just because he's generally useful throughout the entire generation but I might be biased here. I really do think he does more than like anybody except Sigurd, Lex, Fin, Sylvia and Ethlin though. I'd rank him in the same tier as Cuan and Fury.

Show me how ayra helps in chapter 1 and then Ill change her and yea briggid is going down to below jamuka she is basicly a less aviabillity jamuka

Midir has a horse and availability going for him. Although he is rather weak. Levin is a combat god, but is stuck to 6 move (5 move before?) and requires the pursuit ring to reliably 1RKO units. Although he is probably the best candidate for it. Still, 6 move invalidates everything. Midir is better.

Just another, tiny thing. Why is Laylea above Leen? Charisma is meh, because a dancer should just dance and skedaddle out of the combat zone (why they get leg rings). And Leen can inherit stuff, unlike Laylea, making her more useful because of her lack of the necessity for money.

Mistake Im going to fix

Gen 1 tier list was updated on main page

Gen 2 tier list was minorly updated on main page (leen and leylea switch)

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

Holyn's definately better than Ayra imo. She just doesn't have the durability to reliably do anything useful in chapter 2, and Holyn takes less effort to promote and is better later in the gen. Like I said above though, I think they're better than Briggid. Jamka's probably worse overall than Briggid though. He loses his weapon, and thus the chance of killing stuff goes down significantly for him. Later on he's pretty much a Briggid with hit issues later and one that can't kill the lategame bosses. Alec is really weak though, what does he really do past chapter 1?

I agree with Midir being better than Levin though. He's super strong with the killer bow, the weapon is that good. Midir has exclusive awesome 2 range on a horse, and nobody else in the gen (until and if Azel promotes) has, and Levin doesn't really have anything exclusive at all (even having Holsety really isn't that special in gen 1)

I still don't understand why Lex is so high though, I thought people basically agreed early on that Fin and Cuan were stronger than him (or at least Fin)

Edited by General Horace

I agree with Holyn > Ayra > Briggid > Jamka and yeah I thought we agreed that Fin was going to just below Ethlin?

I still think Lex > Cuan though; the resources that go into making Fin better than Lex (Speed Ring, Steel Lance, Hero Lance) mean Cuan just has the Iron Lance and Silver Lance and Gae Bolg for one castle. I guess if you give him the Pursuit Ring, but it's kind of a waste.

Edited by BBM

Holyn's definately better than Ayra imo. She just doesn't have the durability to reliably do anything useful in chapter 2, and Holyn takes less effort to promote and is better later in the gen. Like I said above though, I think they're better than Briggid. Jamka's probably worse overall than Briggid though. He loses his weapon, and thus the chance of killing stuff goes down significantly for him. Later on he's pretty much a Briggid with hit issues later and one that can't kill the lategame bosses. Alec is really weak though, what does he really do past chapter 1?

I agree with Midir being better than Levin though. He's super strong with the killer bow, the weapon is that good. Midir has exclusive awesome 2 range on a horse, and nobody else in the gen (until and if Azel promotes) has, and Levin doesn't really have anything exclusive at all (even having Holsety really isn't that special in gen 1)

I still don't understand why Lex is so high though, I thought people basically agreed early on that Fin and Cuan were stronger than him (or at least Fin)

Oh I forgot to lower him to Below Dew :P

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

if we give Fin the Speed Ring, the Steel Lance, and the Hero Lance, he's better than Cuan in all but the Prologue, so he should be moved up.

I also don't think Dew > Lex, I feel like his money-giving abilities are being overrated.

if we give Fin the Speed Ring, the Steel Lance, and the Hero Lance, he's better than Cuan in all but the Prologue, so he should be moved up.

I also don't think Dew > Lex, I feel like his money-giving abilities are being overrated.

give me a reason why lex>dew and if you mention father potencial once all your points are denounced