• Levin!Sety
    • Levin!Arthur
    • Leen/Laylea
    • Roddlebad

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seliph is the best unit bar none, assuming maximum snowball. Aless is a clutch unit during the latter half in chapter 10, the only time Seliph will really need help. Leaf and the dancers have unique utility, so those four should make up tier 1. Tier 2 should be the others, maybe including Oifaye for clearing the path to Ishtor in chapter 7 and still being able to kill things all the way to endgame, or Claude!Sety for chapter 9 rescue shenanigans.

Celice, the Dancers, Leaf and Aless are pretty safe bets for top tier that likely nobody will disagree with. I'm not sure about Oifaye though. While he's probably not on the same level as these characters he's still one level above the 'ordinary' high tier units like Beo!Delmud.

I'm not sure if we should value earlier rescue staff access too much. I think the turn count we're looking at for efficiency is ~270, and you really don't need the rescue staff in chapter 9 for that. Oifaye should definitely be in high tier though, my 0% growths run gave me a new found appreciation of just how strong he is at the beginning. Though he does eventually fall behind, his early and mid game contributions warrant at least high tier.

Eh, people overrate the extent by which he falls behind though. His bases are good, his growth rates are solid and Pursuit + Critical is a nice set of skills. With a good Sword he'll still do fine in Ch.10. So by saying he 'eventually' falls behind it basically means that he's not OP enough to fuck up shit in the final chapter. Considering the amount of win he unleashes on his way there though and the fact that he doesn't require any major resources to do so I think it'd be silly to not put him at least somewhere near the top of high tier

Fin is the unit in gen 2 that truly 'falls behind' but he's still probably a solid high tier character overall.

Edited by Yojinbo

Probably not. He's very useful, but there are a lot of units who can do what he does. By chapter 7 Celice is already amazing, then you Fin (who is really good until chapter 10 if you trained him) and Aless and eventually Leif. He's just one great mount among many, which I don't think warrants moving him that high.

In my opinion, Oifaye is better than Shanan just because he has a horse. Sure Shanan can kill anything he reaches, but he has to reach it first. And like I said earlier wrt to Levin!Arthur, just killing something normally is the same as overkilling it.

Shanan should not be top tier. Replace them with the dancers imo.

Probably not. He's very useful, but there are a lot of units who can do what he does. By chapter 7 Celice is already amazing, then you Fin (who is really good until chapter 10 if you trained him) and Aless and eventually Leif. He's just one great mount among many, which I don't think warrants moving him that high.

I'm allergic to the "god among gods" argument.

Oifaye is more or less immortal in Ch.6 [top tier performance], can solo the whole southern part of Ch.7 [top tier performance], dominates enemies in Ch.8 and Ch.9 [high tier performance] and is still very much competent in Ch.10. [~high-mid tier performance]. Depending on whether he's given access to Light Sword crithax he can be reasonably useful in the final chapter too. He may not be able to overkill opponents in the same way Celice and Aless do but he still gets the job done flawlessly for a good 3/4th of the second generation and he's not too shabby after that either. Does the fact that there are other units around him really mean that his capabilities should be ranked lower? I could argue that Aless isn't that good because Celice, Oifaye, Fin and a promoted Levin!Arthur who can dominate maps without his help. Does that mean that Aless isn't top tier then? Obviously, he still is because the "god among god" logic doesn't apply. Neither for Aless, nor for Oifaye.

Shanan should not be top tier. Replace them with the dancers imo.

I'm allergic to the "god among gods" argument.

Oifaye is more or less immortal in Ch.6 [top tier performance], can solo the whole southern part of Ch.7 [top tier performance], dominates enemies in Ch.8 and Ch.9 [high tier performance] and is still very much competent in Ch.10. [~high-mid tier performance]. Depending on whether he's given access to Light Sword crithax he can be reasonably useful in the final chapter too. He may not be able to overkill opponents in the same way Celice and Aless do but he still gets the job done flawlessly for a good 3/4th of the second generation and he's not too shabby after that either. Does the fact that there are other units around him really mean that his capabilities should be ranked lower? I could argue that Aless isn't that good because Celice, Oifaye, Fin and a promoted Levin!Arthur who can dominate maps without his help. Does that mean that Aless isn't top tier then? Obviously, he still is because the "god among god" logic doesn't apply. Neither for Aless, nor for Oifaye.

So

Top Tier:

Celice

Leif

Aless

Oifaye

Leylea

Leen

High Tier:

Shanan

Levin!Arthur

Beowulf!Delmud

Levin!Sety

Finn(Not a father)

Claude!Sety

Noish!Fee and Claude!Fee

Azel!Nanna and Finn!Nanna

Lana

Lex!Arthur

Midir!Lester

Hawk

Edited by TTPK_Tal

where does Father!Finn fit into the list?

Also, Lex!Fee should be next to Claude!Sety imo.

Lex!Fee neverheard of it Ill have to test it in theory

Father!Finn is Upper mid Above Amid (At least if he promoted)

Lex!Fee has pursuit vantage elite and decent enough growths so that seems good

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Top tier: Celice > Laylea/Leaf > Leen > Aless imo

Like I said, Oifaye is kind of floating in limbo under the absolute top tier but above the 'ordinary' high tier. I couldn't confidently place him in either tier.

Top tier: Celice > Laylea/Leaf > Leen > Aless imo

Like I said, Oifaye is kind of floating in limbo under the absolute top tier but above the 'ordinary' high tier. I couldn't confidently place him in either tier.

Oifaye in his own ansestor of seth?

Leaf is better then laylea really because apart from his great utility he has good combat presence too Aless is preety much just the best mounted combat unit so Id put him above the dancers but another opinion would be welcomed

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Dancers above Oifaye, maybe Aless too. It's tough to rank utility versus combat, but if we don't need to go at breakneck speed I would favour Aless.

Going back to gen 1 for a bit, Diadora needs to be higher. Silence may as well be her prf, it's so expensive, and her limited contribution is fantastic (as opposed to Alec/Azel whose high point is being an extra unit in Prologue). Just above Noish in Mid.

Edited by Baldrick

It's just my opinion. We'll have to discuss the exact order of units within tiers sooner or later anyhow.

Imo the biggest issue with ranking gen 2 units is that we're dealing quite literally with 50 shades of broken. Instead of having only a top tier and a high tier category we'll probably need something more nouanced - a god tier for the likes of Celice, an OP tier for the likes of Oifaye, a top tier for stuff like Shanan or Levin!Sety, an upper tier for Lex!Arthur et al and then a 'regular' high tier for Beo!Delmud, Midir!Lester and similarly consistently good units. There are just so many good units in gen 2 that shouldn't be in the same tier.

Edited by Yojinbo

I guess it depends on how big we want top tier to be? Like if top tier is absolutely massive and includes every unit who can trivialize the second generation being in top tier won't really mean anything.Maybe just have Celice (for being the absolute best), Leif (rescue staff), and Laylea(dancing) in top tier and then add other tiers like OP tier for units like Oifaye and Aless.

Edit: I mean Laylea/Leen

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Dancers above Oifaye, maybe Aless too.

Going back to gen 1 for a bit, Diadora needs to be higher. Silence may as well be her prf, it's so expensive, and her limited contribution is fantastic (as opposed to Alec/Azel whose high point is being an extra unit in Prologue). Just above Noish in Mid.

No.

Diadora can silence 10 things only and is not aviable at all

her silence isnt prf you can give to high enough performance units or aideen if dew gives her money

diadoras performance in chapter 2 is ok not fantastic she is a footie with 5 move

we factor in aviabillity not how well a unit is that you get for 1 chapter and in that chapter she has ok peformance=Low low tier or bottom IMO

OP Tier is agreed so shall we have this

God Tier:

Celice

Leif

Leylea

Leen

OP Tier:

Aless

Oifaye

Top High Tier:

Shanan

Levin!Sety

Levin!Arthur

Mabye this new tiers

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Why would you have Dew money dump Aideen to use a staff that someone else already uses perfectly well? It's essentially Deidre's for that chapter. Also, even if she is a five move footie she can still warp and contribute to Macklily castle fine (maybe Augusty too if you're not playing at a breakneck pace.)

Why would you have Dew money dump Aideen to use a staff that someone else already uses perfectly well? It's essentially Deidre's for that chapter. Also, even if she is a five move footie she can still warp and contribute to Macklily castle fine (maybe Augusty too if you're not playing at a breakneck pace.)

My point isnt that she doesnt have solid niches is that her niche can be completely done by another character making it not a prf weapon for chapter 2 I have no reason for a unit with OK performance at 1 chapter and 2 chapters of nothing ness (arena in chapter 3 and silence sandima in 1) for mid tier apart from the fact that she is a footie

warp is also at aideen who is another 5 move footie

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I guess it depends on how big we want top tier to be? Like if top tier is absolutely massive and includes every unit who can trivialize the second generation being in top tier won't really mean anything.Maybe just have Celice (for being the absolute best), Leif (rescue staff), and Laylea(dancing) in top tier and then add other tiers like OP tier for units like Oifaye and Aless.

Edit: I mean Laylea/Leen

Yeah, I was also starting to look into that direction with Celice, Leaf and the dancers being on absolute top and Aless, Oifaye and possibly a few others following in the next tier:

God Tier: Celice, Leaf, Laylea, Leen

OP Tier: Aless, Oifaye, Levin!Arthur [?], Fin [?]

Top Tier: Shanan, Levin!Sety, + possibly more

Upper Tier: Lex!Arthur, Claude!Sety + more

High Tier: Beo!Delmud, Midir!Lester, Azel!Nanna + more

Edited by Yojinbo

Diadora joins in chapter 1 and can play an important role because Spirit Forest. There's no point in wasting money to give Aideen the staff, and all the enemies you want to Silence are in Diadora's availability (except maybe Leptor, but Levin's the better user there anyway). Ardan has more availability than Sylvia, jsyk. He can kill everything Sigurd can, with enough time and patience. Sure it's inefficient but so is giving Aideen Silence. Ardan for top tier.

Edited by Baldrick

Yeah, I was also starting to look into that direction with Celice, Leaf and the dancers being on absolute top and Aless, Oifaye and possibly a few others following in the next tier:

God Tier: Celice, Leaf, Laylea, Leen

OP Tier: Aless, Oifaye, Levin!Arthur [?], Fin [?]

Top Tier: Shanan, Levin!Sety, + possibly more

Upper Tier: Lex!Arthur, Claude!Sety + possibly more

High Tier: Beo!Delmud, Midir!Lester, Azel!Nanna + possibly more

Father!Fin is Op tier but thats only if he is at least at level 20

Lex!Arthur isnt as good as Beo!Delmud and Claude!Sety Id rate him at High tier above lester

Noish!Fee and Claud!Fee can also go to upper

Lex!Fee can go to high after theoreticly using her she is basicly tank noish!fee with worse offensive skills so yea

Diadora joins in chapter 1 and can play an important role because Spirit Forest. There's no point in wasting money to give Aideen the staff, and all the enemies you want to Silence are in Diadora's availability (except maybe Leptor, but Levin's the better user there anyway). Ardan has more availability than Sylvia, jsyk. He can kill everything Sigurd can, with enough time and patience. Ardan for top tier.

What Arden does for the entire game is useless he cant clear the arena even his growth kinda suck (good def and str for shit everywhere else) 5 move footie no utility no doubt diadora is better but you only get her for 1 and a half chapters with only OK performance if we put much favortism into ardan we lose turns which is against the entire point of effeciency

so READ THE RULES before

you have 270 Turns total of both gens

you will probably spend 35~ turns in chapter 2 with or without deidres silencing

sandima silence is saving 1 turn~ in chapter 1

in chapter 3 she is useless apart from arena clearing

her contributions are not what id call amazing the fact that she is a footie too isnt very good

Diadora will get out of bottom to low apart from that I dont find anything else notable but she has silence and can kill shit

Edited by TTPK_Tal