Features you want to return/not return in FEif

ZemZem

What I want to return

Link Arena from the GBA FEs, only expanded so we can even battle fellow players over Wi-Fi. Now this would be awesome.

Trial Maps. I didn't like the FE6 trial maps very much, but I loved the ones from FE9. They were a fun challenge. I want 'em back.

The warp staff. plz i want muh warp shenanigans #ltcpride

What I don't want to return

Marriage. go away and stay go

The world map. I don't have a problem with it at all, but let's save it for a future title again. like an FE8 sequel because best

The avatar. Or rather, I don't want an avatar like FE13's. FE12's was alright, but I personally like the FE7 tactician.

Edited by -ZM-

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like back

Dismount. Will I get it? Ha no

Skills being based on character and not class, with scrolls to put skills on whomever you wished.

The Base systems from FE9 and 12.

What I don't want back

Class specific promotion items.

Avatar not being the main character (as we've seen Avatar not being the absolute main character bites the actual main characters development).

Random event spots.

What I'd like back

Dismount. Will I get it? Ha no

Skills being based on character and not class, with scrolls to put skills on whomever you wished.

The Base systems from FE9 and 12.

What I don't want back

Class specific promotion items.

Avatar not being the main character (as we've seen Avatar not being the absolute main character bites the actual main characters development).

Random event spots.

Dismount was awesome. Well, it wasn't THAT awesome. But it made things interesting in FE5.

Oh hell yes. FE4/FE9/FE10 skill system FTW

I agree with that, too. And also FE9's support system. Wow, honestly? I'd say FE9 is my ideal FE game. It did so many things right.

Class specific promotion items probably aren't returning. They won't be missed, though, but I personally never minded them.

I didn't mind the event spots.

Ew, no. I don't want an avatar like FE12's. FE12's avatar was so much worse than FE13's.

I would rather there be no tactician and just have the avatar character just be the main lord.

Anything mechanic from fe5 i want to go and stay go and never return ever, no thank you.

I would also like pair up altered, so it's not as broken.

Edited by Sophie

I honestly feel if the Avatar is actually the focus on the game, they wouldn't be so offensive. Kris wasn't too bad, Robin.. Ehhhh.

I think if they were the lead, it wouldn't feel as spotlight stealing. I can see the opposing points though in general.

Also ZM remember dismount was also in FE3 :P

Edited by Jedi

Kris was terrible.

S/he was shoehorned into the plot and added virtually nothing. Any extra characters added could just be added anyways and he had no place being in there.

At least FE13's is plot relevant and doesn't make me want to throw up.

Kris was terrible.

S/he was shoehorned into the plot and added virtually nothing. Any extra characters added could just be added anyways and he had no place being in there.

Well to be fair, Most of the characters who showed up from FE1/11 weren't in FE3 Book 2 to begin with so they were ALSO shoehorned in.

Edited by Jedi

Ew, no. I don't want an avatar like FE12's. FE12's avatar was so much worse than FE13's.

I would rather there be no tactician and just have the avatar character just be the main lord.

Anything mechanic from fe5 i want to go and stay go and never return ever, no thank you.

I would also like pair up altered, so it's not as broken.

FE5 had some good mechanics, though. Capturing was pretty awesome.

I honestly feel if the Avatar is actually the focus on the game, they wouldn't be so offensive. Kris wasn't too bad, Robin.. Ehhhh.

I think if they were the lead, it wouldn't feel as spotlight stealing. I can see the opposing points though in general.

Also ZM remember dismount was also in FE3 :P

Like I said, if we get an avatar, I want the role to be similar to FE7's tactician: prominent, but not the main focus of the game at all.

I didn't finish FE3. :V

Kris was terrible.

I miss not having an avatar.

Like I said, if we get an avatar, I want the role to be similar to FE7's tactician: prominent, but not the main focus of the game at all.

What do you think about the Tactician class? Think it should stay for some plot relevant character or be a new class in the set of classes?

I actually felt Kris was way worse than Robin. Marth be like "I don't need my main man Jeigan when Kris does everything perfect :(((("

As for stuff I want/don't want, I'd like character specific skills like mentioned earlier in the thread, (like FE5, and not removeable like FE10), and as much as they make me rage, status staves (or just a great variety of staves) would be cool.

I want reclassing to be back too, whether it be FE13's system (which it probably will be) and hopefully 3x effective might stays.

I'd like to see forging gone, and more varied map objectives. I thought FE13 did a lot of things right, and hopefully by tweaking things a little bit this game can fix some of it's issues.

What do you think about the Tactician class? Think it should stay for some plot relevant character or be a new class in the set of classes?

Tactician class was...okay. I can't see it being for anyone but an avatar, though. It may work for some plot relevant dude, I guess.

EDIT: @Horace: Aye, status staves need to return. I miss raging in chapters like FE5's Chapter 12 and FE8's Chapter 14 (Ephraim's route).

Edited by -ZM-

What I'd want back

A Skill system like the one in the Tellius games. Either you select a bunch of little skills or one big awesome one

Dismount

MU, Provided they're actually an interesting character instead of a dull Tactician like in Awakening

Escape Chapters

Sieze Chapters

You know what, at this point for it to not be all "Kill enemies" or "Kill the boss" objectives

What I don't want back

Second Seals. Those were gamebreakers.

Pair Up in its Awakening state

Awakening-style Supports. The old one worked just fine, and would not produce pretty much guaranteed gamebreaker children

Armsthrift. 'Nuff said.

Edited by The Dark Armorknight

I actually felt Kris was way worse than Robin. Marth be like "I don't need my main man Jeigan when Kris does everything perfect :(((("

As for stuff I want/don't want, I'd like character specific skills like mentioned earlier in the thread, (like FE5, and not removeable like FE10), and as much as they make me rage, status staves (or just a great variety of staves) would be cool.

I want reclassing to be back too, whether it be FE13's system (which it probably will be) and hopefully 3x effective might stays.

I'd like to see forging gone, and more varied map objectives. I thought FE13 did a lot of things right, and hopefully by tweaking things a little bit this game can fix some of it's issues.

I agree with like all you said, I forgot that Kris did steal Jeigans role x.x

Tactician class was...okay. I can't see it being for anyone but an avatar, though. It may work for some plot relevant dude, I guess.

EDIT: @Horace: Aye, status staves need to return. I miss raging in chapters like FE5's Chapter 12 and FE8's Chapter 14 (Ephraim's route).

Well we have had plot relevant tacticians who didn't fight in the past like August etc, maybe a character in a role like that, but also a character in the army.

Edited by Jedi

Seize chapters need to come back, yeah. And yes, escape ones, too.

FE13 had a stale variety of chapter varieties: rout and kill the boss. The lack of seize chapters disappointed me.

Well we have had plot relevant tacticians who didn't fight in the past like August etc, maybe a character in a role like that, but also a character in the army.

Another August or Gen II!Lewyn would be awesome.

Well to be fair, Most of the characters who showed up from FE1/11 weren't in FE3 Book 2 to begin with so they were ALSO shoehorned in.

Well yes, I know. But there was absolutely no reason plot wise to add an avatar. FE3 did fine storywise without one, so why was it actually necessary to put them in?? I...

this

the others characters I'm fine with, because extra characters isn't really a bad thing.

FE5 had some good mechanics, though. Capturing was pretty awesome.

As long as it's implemented 100000000000x better than it was in FE5. I like FE5's ideas but I think they are awfully implemented in it.

Dismount can go and burn in a fire forever however ty.

I hate the FE7 tactician, as, like they are literally worthless, bar like, a few extra support bonuses, they contribute nothing, hell FE7 even knows there is absolutely no reason for them to exist as if you start from Eliwood or Hector mode you don't even need one :VVVV

As long as it's implemented 100000000000x better than it was in FE5. I like FE5's ideas but I think they are awfully implemented in it.

Dismount can go and burn in a fire forever however ty.

I hate the FE7 tactician, as, like they are literally worthless, bar like, a few extra support bonuses, they contribute nothing, hell FE7 even knows there is absolutely no reason for them to exist as if you start from Eliwood or Hector mode you don't even need one :VVVV

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd be improvements from FE5.

Dismounting, as interesting as it was, made units that were mounted worse.

I'd take a worthless tactician over a plot-centered one lol

Edited by -ZM-

I completely agree with the complaints about Kris. If the avatar is back, I want it to be more like Robin than Kris, or even made into the main lord (which seems to be the case). Kris had a lot of screen time in which he didn't do absolutely anything rather than be praised and be like "I have to protect my lord Marth!!1"

I don't want pair up to come back either, but I'm 99% sure it will be back, so whatever. I can just play the game without using it, though I'd rather have a game balanced without its existence.

About what I want to be added, a difficulty between Hard and Lunatic would be awesome.

I also want them to rebalance the exp. I feel one of the reasons awakening was so easy to break was because the level gap before exp started to slow down was huge. If they fixed that, I feel like the game would be more balanced.

More objectives on chapters would also be good. I feel like Seize chapters are better from a strategy point of view than route, and I also tend to enjoy them more.

Edited by Nobody

Seize chapters need to come back, yeah. And yes, escape ones, too.

FE13 had a stale variety of chapter varieties: rout and kill the boss. The lack of seize chapters disappointed me.

Another August or Gen II!Lewyn would be awesome.

Yes varied objectives for sure.

Well yes, I know. But there was absolutely no reason plot wise to add an avatar. FE3 did fine storywise without one, so why was it actually necessary to put them in?? I...

this

the others characters I'm fine with, because extra characters isn't really a bad thing.

Well IS wanted to try something new, after FE11 got lukewarm reception they probably felt they had to spice up Book 2 with something new honestly.

Well in FE7 it was kind of a way to involve the player in a small way, kinda neat imo.

Armsthrift. 'Nuff said.

Not really, I'd like to know why you have a beef with Armsthrift.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd be improvements from FE5.

Dismounting, as interesting as it was, made units that were mounted worse.

And this as a whole is a good thing.

I also want them to rebalance the exp. I feel one of the reasons awakening was so easy to break was because the level gap before exp started to slow down was huge. If they fixed that, I feel like the game would be more balanced.

More objectives on chapters would also be good. I feel like Seize chapters are better from a strategy point of view than route, and I also tend to enjoy them more.

FE13's EXP system was odd. It was easy to cheese.

Indeed.

And this as a whole is a good thing.

Only for indoor chapters, I suppose.

Yes I can agree, children in 13 was a weird deal. I'd rather them do the time skip method if they feel free to do that again.

Until Awakening I didnt think I could compare a plot point in an FE game with my second favorite arc in Dragon Ball Z (Cell/Androids)

If children must come back, then for the sake of balance we either need a generation change like FE4, or the children ought to have tamer stats. Either of these ought to mitigate the significant opportunity cost for using the parental cast instead of the second gen characters.