Features you want to return/not return in FEif

ZemZem

There are too many classes around and the differences feel less pronounced.

It may be simply a problem that stat inflation, pair-up and the like make classes more able to easily cover their weaknesses.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it simple, stupid. If thats the acronym he's going for.

I know that, but I wasn't sure what exactly he meant by that.

There are too many classes around and the differences feel less pronounced.

Ah, I see.

HEY I don't know if TRS counts for something to bring back ideas from since it's not really an FE game (even though it totally is) BUT I kinda liked how in that game dance was a personal skill of a certain character and not something that was tied to a specific class

so if personal skills were to come back (which they should), maybe it would be cool if that were a thing?

My apologies for misreading.

It's cool.

I know there was that one guy who have an Anti-Charisma skill or something? TRS had a lot of insane stuff like that.

More interesting personal skills that change the way you use a unit would be very welcome.

Well yes, I know. But there was absolutely no reason plot wise to add an avatar. FE3 did fine storywise without one, so why was it actually necessary to put them in??

When Awakening came out, everyone was talking about their Avatars, marriage, Pair Up, etc. Just about everything but the story was a topic of conversation among my circles. And that sort of buzz was exactly what got me to buy the game. Not because I was personally enticed by those features, but because I saw how much fun everyone was having with the game. To that end, Avatar is just one of the many bells and whistles to get people talking about and buying the game. It was never about the plot.

But if they do add the Avatar again, I already know what I'm naming him. It's a tradition.

Pretty much everything that they had in radient dawn but not in awakening.

Laguz all of them and maybe even add some new beast forms!

Having a height advantage

fog of war

Win conditions

Probably more stuff that i can't think of right now

NO galeforce its such a good ability I feel like I have to have it on as many units as possible and that just takes makes the game that much easier imo.

I know there was that one guy who have an Anti-Charisma skill or something? TRS had a lot of insane stuff like that.

More interesting personal skills that change the way you use a unit would be very welcome.

Personal skills based off character traits and personality would be legit awesome.

What I Want (essentially the opposite of the OP, sorry)

-marriage. I don't want it to be handled like it was in FE13, but I liked it.

-avatar. Not a boring avatar. Robin was better than Kris, but they could still do better. It helps immerse me in the game, really, though I understand if you don't want one. Just my opinion.

-world map. That way, we can have unlimited levels, and also grinding for Streetpass battles. I'd prefer a linear story, though, so it preferably could only be accessed post-game.

-fog of war

-more varied objectives. Rout or kill commander wasn't enough, and it got dull.

-laguz. I didn't like taguel. Did like manaketes, though.

-grinding. Unlimited reclassing, unlimited post-game battles, unlimited support grinding, etc..

What I Don't Want

-children. I don't want a generation skip because I want everyone in my army forever and to never have to kill anyone permanently because I get super attached to pixels. Time travel was so laughable and lame it got on my nerves.

-bad villains. They look evil and act evil for no reason. There is no motivation, and it's a weak story tool.

-fatigue. It makes me so mad.

-lolis. Just no.

What I Want (essentially the opposite of the OP, sorry)

-marriage. I don't want it to be handled like it was in FE13, but I liked it.

What I Don't Want

-children. I don't want a generation skip because I want everyone in my army forever and to never have to kill anyone permanently because I get super attached to pixels. Time travel was so laughable and lame it got on my nerves.

-lolis. Just no.

To be fair, manaketes have frequently been 'lolis', the only reason it became problematic was the aforementioned marriage and children mechanics.

Agreed with you on doing time travel or a generation skip. The former is lame and the latter basically means losing all those characters you spent time bonding with.

DO WANT-

- Multiple dragonstones/beast types if dragons/shapeshifters come back

- FE10's high ground mechanic

- Reclassing, preferably in DSFE's style but I'd be fine with Awakening's

- Platonic male-female supports (or at least a lot more of them)

- A base for supports and the like

And

Can we have map animations back? Like, actual animations and not just having characters bump into each other?

^this

​and gaiden's magic system but that is NEVER happening

Kinda sorta halfway maybe whatever-

- Fatigue. I think it could be cool and could encourage more widespread unit usage, but I haven't played enough of Thracia to make a judgement on how well it worked/might work.

- Status staves. They annoyed me enough that I would be slightly pleased to see them stay away, but I must grudgingly admit that they forced me to be slightly smarter and that's something I need in my life.

- An avatar. I'm really indifferent about it at this point.

DON'T WANT-

- Marriage or children. I want a break.

- A world map. I don't hate world maps in FE and actually really liked Gaiden's (mostly), but again, I want a break.

- Magic triangle. I just never saw a need for it.

And that's all I can think of atm.

To be fair, manaketes have frequently been 'lolis', the only reason it became problematic was the aforementioned marriage and children mechanics.

No it's just mostly awkward because Nowi's character design is too close to the "darker" side of otaku-dom for most people. I don't think anyone has a problem with Tiki, Fae or Myrrh. That being said, Nowi's personality isn't even drastically different to other Manakete girls, she dresses promiscuously but she maintains an overall bounciness and innocence.

Edited by Irysa

No it's just mostly awkward because Nowi's character design is too close to the "darker" side of otaku-dom for most people. I don't think anyone has a problem with Tiki, Fae or Myrrh. That being said, Nowi's personality isn't even drastically different to other Manakete girls, she dresses promiscuously but she maintains an overall bounciness and innocence.

I don't even have a problem with her outfit. A prepubescent child isn't going to register as a sexual being to me, no matter what she's wearing. People are fine with cute little girls running about but when the implications of having sex with a child-like entity are put into the game, it's problematic. That they didn't just use adult Tiki as the sole dragon waifu also indicates that Nowi and Nah are explicitly there to appeal to Lolicon. People WOULD have a problem with young Tiki, Fae or Myrrh if making children with them was a part of the game.

Ignoring that Nowi is one of the best first gen options for MAvatar from a gameplay standpoint, I can see why people dislike her presence.

Doesn't stop her from being my favorite FE13 character, but still.

Ignoring that Nowi is one of the best first gen options for MAvatar from a gameplay standpoint, I can see why people dislike her presence.Doesn't stop her from being my favorite FE13 character, but still.

I love Nowi, too. She's funny and adorable, a well-defined character, but the way she dresses makes me uncomfortable. It's a little icky and doesn't suit her personality--her innocence is her charm.

I love Nowi, too. She's funny and adorable, a well-defined character, but the way she dresses makes me uncomfortable. It's a little icky and doesn't suit her personality--her innocence is her charm.

Ignoring that Nowi is one of the best first gen options for MAvatar from a gameplay standpoint, I can see why people dislike her presence.

Doesn't stop her from being my favorite FE13 character, but still.

Right, she's a fine inclusion for the character roster by herself. Myrrh remains one of my favorite characters so I hope we get another cute manakete for FE:if

Cute, but not racy.

Combat-wise, I really do love manaketes. Gregor!Nah's my best unit game-wise, period. I don't care for taguel, though. I hope they don't return...but I believe they will. I think I saw a taguel-ish character in the trailer.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

What I want back:

1. World map- I liked being able to buy from stores after that chapter in case you get someone who promotes and has such a low rank that the armories don't supply with what they can use.
  2. Monster classes- I kinda found the concept of risen boring to say the least. Monster classes from FE8 would make it amazing so it varies the playing field besides "Oh look, a hero risen" instead we get things like cyclopes and centaurs to fight. YES PLEASE!
  3. Support restrictions- One of the things I loved the most about the gba games, it made for alot of replayability when you wanted to get all the supports.
  4. Dismounting - It could have its advantages. Example: mounted units get half movement indoors (excludes fliers)
  5. The Magic Triangle- This makes magic combat and mages themselves more interesting at least in my opinion.
  6. The Summoner class- I loved being able to summon little troops to

What I do not want back ever:

1. Children(at least how awakening did them)- I found this kinda gimmicky and it took the fun out of supporting characters.
  2. Fatigue- Do I even need to explain this?

Stuff that isn't in the game that I want in the game:

1. More decisions- I loved the decisions in FE13 but only one really mattered much and I'm not gonna spoil it if you haven't played it.
  2. Large scale battles- most FE games have a decently sized cast close to around 30-40 so why not have us use 3/4ths of them and fight a battle against 100 troops

More complicated character recruitment. Maybe something like Douglas, or even Sephiran level complicated. At least let people besides the main lord be able to recruit some people.

Things I want back:

1. Tellius-style base- Base conversations were great, and it allowed you to properly manage items.

2. FE10 style skills (minus mastery skills)- This allowed a fun customization, without having to grind for hours to get skills, like in FE13.

3. Defense chapters- These were always the most fun imo, and I was disappointed when they didn't show up in FE13. They are a nice change of pace from the regular rout and seize chapters.

4. Dismounting- I always found it strange that characters would just ride their horse/dragon in a small, cramped castle. But I would like for characters to retain their weapon types while dismounted.

5. Secondary objectives- These can be rewarded by unlocking a gaiden, bonus exp, or some other method. Most FE13 chapters were simple and only had the primary objective.

6. Uncapped supports- I hated having to replay the game multiple times just to read a support conversation. More often than not I would just look up it up online. With FE13, however, I actually took the time to unlock supports because it was much easier. (However, I don't like Pair Up, so the actual support bonuses would have to be edited from FE13's).

7. Complex recruitments- With the exception of Severa, all of FE13's recruitments were either automatic or talk with Chrom. More cases like Shinon and Douglas would be appreciated.

8. Varied magic classes- In most games, all magic classes are fast and frail. I would love to see an actual magic-using tank. This could also make mage-on-mage combat more exciting, which justifies a magic triangle.

9. Canto- Yeah, it made mounted units a lot better than foot classes, but it certainly was useful.

10. Rename Dark Knights to Mage Knights

Things I do not want back:

1. World map- I'm not a fan of grinding in general. Maybe I could get behind a world map without skirmishes or grindable areas, but honestly, I would just prefer a base.

2. Second seals- Resetting levels was just a bad idea. I wouldn't mind if FE11/12 reclassing came back, but I'd rather see reclassing gone in general.

3. Pair Up- Too broken, pls nerf. It looks like that it'll be back in FE14, so I hope it is balanced somehow.

4. Avatars- I didn't mind FE13's that much, but Robin was his/her own character regardless of your customization, so the customization just seemed pointless. The only way to actually have an avatar would be to have a silent protagonist, but those are boring. Just give us pre-established characters.

5. Shifting parties (like FE10)- These seem really hard to balance. I prefer just sticking with one group. I'm not a fan of route splits either.

6. Children- FE4 handled this well, but I do not want to see a copy of FE4's generation system, because that is what makes FE4 unique. A copy would be boring, and FE13's system was pointless. No time travel please.

Edited by Zvarri!

Recruitments can be a little bit more complicated as long as a little hint will be given.

Other people than the lord should be able to recruit as well.

I only don't want to have recruitments like Lehran (I must research first).

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Want:

Feet

Online battles but a little more competitive and rewarding

Defend, Escape, Protect character, Capture and seize

Capture certain characters for plot purposes kinda like Lifis

Scrolls for skills

Ranking on how well chapter was completed FE 9 style but with S, A, B... grading

S Rank for weapon boost

Halberdier

"new" 3DS XL bundle with HARD copy of game

FE 9 prison break - stealth chapter

FE 4 like plot twist... or something that will make me go through the stages of grief

Arena but maybe a limited one like in FE 4

Carry allies

No Return:

Marriages (unless its like Louise and Pent or the darling bandits)

Time travel

Grinding without penalty - maybe have enemy stats increased due to grinding or affect game time/ story

• 2 weeks later...

Include:

- The link arena, similar to the one in Shadow Dragon (free battles where you can pick units and the map, against friends or the computer)

- A new art style (but that isn't happening)

- Music that sounds similar to pre-Awakening games (RPG style tunes, not ambient strategy themes)

- Villages, houses and arenas

- More variety in mission types

- More characters to recruit on the battlefield

- Magic triangle

- Better writing and more interesting story

Exclude:

- S support marriage and children during main game (make it only during character endings)

- Infinite re-classing that reverts back to level 1 each time

- Paid DLC (if the worldwide release ISN'T simultaneous. If it's aleady made before the game is localized, just include it for free)

- Pair up (replace with rescue command)

- Most skills (Revert back to sparse use as in Sacred Stones)

- The Avatar

- That annoying sound effect that plays whenever you start a battle in Awakening