FE7CM Iron Man run (Sans Merlinus)

Tequila

Hi.

I'm back. With yet another Chaos Mode LP.

Please attempt to restrain your exuberance.

What's different this time, you ask?

Well. This is an Iron Man run. What does that mean? It means that if a character dies, they stay dead. If a lord (or other allied character that must survive) dies, then I'll do some sort of RNG process to select another character to die. When I say allied, I mean people I have control over. I'm not killing someone just because Pent's a dumbass in the desert chapter and gets crit-killed by a ballista.

In addition, I'll be skipping chapter 13x, meaning I don't get Merlinus.

I'm gonna try doing something similar to dualdragon's blind FE6 run where I post a fuckton of detail. I'm curious to see whether that improves or detracts from the experience. Let me know what you all think.

You're welcome to place bets on how far I'll get and how many people will end up dying.

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

xuZ5GoN.png

Using my real name and birthday. I briefly considered using the name 'Asshole', but I figured that was a little too on the nose.

sDUki5T.png0h2NRkE.png

Matthew breaks down the wall and Hector chips this soldier.

On EP 1, the soldier suicides on Hector, doing 7 damage and dropping a door key. His archer friend hits Hector, who misses the counter attack.

gDGGLD9.pngJLxAGCL.png

PP 2: Matthew was supposed to chip, but decides to crit instead. Whatever. He gets a vulnerary, which Hector borrows and takes a sip from.

EP 2: The thief moves towards the door.

8430YpK.png

PP3: Hector moves to the entrance and takes another vulnerary dose, maxing his HP. The thief will attack him instead of opening the chest, in theory.

EP3: Thief opens the door.

PP4: Nothing happens.

hcw0Gqq.png

EP4: The thief attacks, as expected, and Hector 1-hits him and gets his chest key.

PP5: The duo move northwest.

EP5: Nothing happens.

IFCrBw8.png

PP6: I accidentally move Matthew into that northwest archer's range, so I guess I'll move Hector in there to. I put Matthew there to rescue Hector next turn.

W023UDq.png

EP6: The archer misses. His friends (2 soldiers and an archer) move in from the southeast.

XLFyK8H.pngRwTqAG9.pngMDCk8w3.png

PP7: Hector chips the soldier, gets a great level, and is whisked away by Matthew.

EP7: They're still in hot pursuit.

6p9Cjx9.png

PP8: Matthew drops Hector. In retrospect, I could have dropped him 1SW of his current position so he could chip the archer, but I didn't know that the more southwestern archer wouldn't move. I'm playing it safe.

EP8: Still pursuing.

jL4qX92.pngtvpnFfl.pngaaZETto.png

PP9: Hector kills the wounded soldier, while Matthew crit-kills the archer (I suck at taking pictures of crits when I'm not expecting them, sorry).

EP9: The remaining soldier is still coming.

PP10: If I go after the soldier now, I'll be in range of the archer. I retreat and let him come to me.

EP10: Awfully obliging, ol' chap.

The next couple of turns are me getting just out of range.

oTRsTaG.pngm5Y4Vf5.png

PP13: Hector chips and Matthew kills, getting a pretty nice level. Albeit one without strength. He also gets C lances and an iron bow. Hector moves northeast where they started in order to lure the steel bow archer.

EP13: Nada

xTKopOo.png

PP14: Hector's ready to lure the archer, while Matthew can rain death upon the knight south of the treasure chest.

EP14: The archer and Hector exchange blows, both hitting.

wAooWTn.png

PP15: Hector uses up his last vulnerary dose so he has room to get the one that's going to be dropped by that archer. However, he retreats out of the way first.

I realize the knight also has a vulnerary, and Matthew has no room. So I send him after Hector to grab Hector's chest key and get the chest, along with some space.

gYhDun4.png

EP15: The archer starts using his vulnerary. Oops.

PP16: Hector attacks once again. They both hit each other.

EP16: Archer uses vulnerary again.

qMw7yRJ.pnglRyP2K4.pngKg0mdJB.png

PP17: Hector kills archer, getting vulnerary and a nice level. Matthew opens the door.

EP17: Nothing

PP18: Hector trades Matthew his chest key.

EP18: Nothing

tfi24CK.png

PP19: Hector chips the knight. Matthew grabs the red gem.

6AORY9v.png

EP19: The knight hits Hector.

6uEV4gg.png

PP20: Hector kills the knight, netting him a vulnerary and C bows. Matthew picks him up and heads towards Wire, who is the only one left.

2xjVGEu.png59vELMx.png

After several turns, Hector finally kills Wire after his vulnerary runs out. He gets a nice level. Fin

Edited by Tequila

Oh boy, another one. Though this added set of challenges should be fun to watch...

I bet you will choose Wallace and Harken, because healers > not healers, and you will lose around 20 people.

Oh and you will end up having a legendary weapon deficiency towards the end due to not having Merlinus.

Good luck!

This is going to be awesome, but having played FE7CM, I can say that it's going to be insanely difficult. Normal powerhouses like Serra and Lucius are probably going to die early due to lack of sturdiness, and without Merlinus, mine glitching is going to yield a few less legendaries (and overall be less fruitful).

Personally, I'm predicting that Eliwood is going to get a lot of your better units killed early on, and that the run will survive (barely) until somewhere between Battle Before Dawn to Cog of Destiny (unless torch glitch gets used. If torch is used, then I think you can make it to VoD/Light), at which point you'll have lost enough units that the run becomes pretty much impossibly hard.

I also predict that Oleg's chapter (Fuzzy Foggy Fuckfest?) is going to claim a very high death count...

Good luck, I look forward to seeing how this ends up!

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 12]

gc4QeeY.pngJkOmmma.png

End of turn 1. Serra will lure a brigand, Hector/Matthew a pegasus knight, Lowen a mercenary, and Eliwood another peg.

tqRkQZw.pngKIOjQcx.pngyKyr4Ev.png0asL8IC.png

North pegasus goes for Matthew and gets doubled and killed. South pegasus hits Eliwood; he misses the counter (COME ON ELIWOOD). I somehow forgot to equip Lowen's javelin, so he can't counter. Rebecca and Serra's targets miss and then get killed in return.

ccJdL03.pngey5obCR.png

Becca cleans up Eliwood's mess and Lowen nabs the secret book.

8bKohvM.pngKUpxpmP.png

Marcus healed up Eliwood, who will most likely attract that northern peg (if not him, then Lowen, who can tank both the merc and the peg). The northern team gets out of range.

JfKKDQ3.pngiCufzER.png

The pegasus attacks Eliwood, as expected, and gets crit-killed. Mercenary goes after Lowen and misses again. A brigand and an archer attack Becca and get doubled for their efforts, netting her an OK level.

kJ53FcC.png

Lowen kills his mercenary.

p2hXTyh.pngfTPhFrY.png

Everyone draws nearer but barely out of bow range, except Hector. Meanwhile, Becca equips her iron axe to lure another brigand.

8yofllY.png9f9nR03.png

I'm ok! I swear!

LHGBAIa.png

Er...this could be bad news.

EJzkN2T.pnguHMRChS.png

Hector kills the closest one and gets a bad level.

rdrqECT.pngslrNdmm.png

Either Oswin or Serra (probably Serra) is going to get attacked by a peg, but they can survive. Dorcas lures another one to the south.

yNXndaj.png1rwuJM9.png

Only one peg left!

AacWGK1.png

And that, not for long.

K47qMw3.png

Only the boss is left. Lowen's gonna lure him out so I can surround him.

wlFnd2E.png

Fine work, my man.

7hQPK8r.pngEey3CVP.pngHzxQPOz.png

Eliwood wastes precious thunder charges missing and Lowen successfully chips. Matthew sells the red gem and door key from last chapter.

BiMIuBf.pngo0PDQZH.pngoY7vcXb.png

Next turn, Eliwood uses the book. I intend to feed the boss to him, but Serra doesn't understand the concept of chipping and crit-kills him.

[spoiler=Chapter 13]

Z6uvJfh.png

This is the first time I've used these items because I never knew how to access them before. Thanks LunaticScreamer!

Since Serra koed before I was ready, I forgot to empty Hector's inventory so I could take out more stuff. Hence, only the card.

bq1bN5z.png

End of turn 1. Eliwood and Lowen are luring pegs, Serra and Hector are luring a brigand and archer, respectively.

okmgt5B.pngWV6ZP24.png

Eliwood's peg missed him; he doesn't. Lowen's hits, but gets doubled and nets him a great level. The brigand misses Serra and nets her a barely tolerable level, and Hector exchanges blows with the archer.

Y07qT8F.png

He finishes off the peg for a decent level.

5AZdR87.png

Lowen nabs the mine and heads northwest.

3rnnrDo.png

Becca kills an archer with a steel bow from the safety of a mountain. Marcus heals Hector, who offs a peg. Serra finishes off the archer, and Dorcas exchanges Hector's iron bow for a steel one.

yzxarpe.png71KC8Yn.png

A peg attacks Dorcas, who doubles and gains D lances. Another peg hits Lowen, who gets 1 attack in. A handaxe bandit hits him as well, getting him rather low. Heh, Lowen is low. Heh.

SyLkW5F.png

Lowen flies back to get healed by Marcus, Matthew and Dorcas rescue-drop Hector in range of some enemies, and Oswin manages to crit-kill the handaxe bandit (not especially needed, but why not?)

JKUEmRm.pngxGZn9Hl.png

Cavalier with iron lance chips Hector. Pegasus misses the newly rejuvenated Lowen, who gets C lances from the exchange. Another archer attacks Hector, netting him a great level because it has speed.

zal77LJ.png7LShtbO.pngXx4UkDk.png

Hector kills the cavalier. Bartre misses the archer, who also misses his counter, so Dorcas steps in and gets an OK level.

u2OmkJK.png

Hopefully Guy moves.

HTxcfgA.png

An archer and hand-axe brigand attack Hector; the brigand misses. More unfortunately, a soldier and archer have spawned at the forts.

3vLJFWw.png

Back on PP, Lowen is positioned to hit the village, lure the cav (actually has a javelin this time), and avoid the brigand to the south.

VQMDa4Z.pngIFZH1LH.pngRLcZj5R.png

This was somewhat dangerous. Eliwood finishes off the archer that Hector hit last EP. Serra and Becca take out a brigand, giving Becca a level. Hector tries to kill a soldier but misses one of this shots. Matthew, thank heavens, crit his target, allowing Dorcas to slip in and kill the Hector's soldier whilst remaining safe.

twftCzN.png

Everyone can tank one lance attack, and Matthew can recruit Guy next turn.

kCteJ1c.png

See? Easy. The cavalier northwest exchanges javelin blows with Lowen, dealing 1 damage and taking 10.

Y6X0nDJ.pngDIMz7sU.pngZCntmiO.pnghfCLz7S.png

Lowen gets the torch (hey, just because I'm not using Merlinus doesn't mean I don't want that torch for chapter 16). Eliwood and Serra take out an archer that spawned. Matthew recruits Guy, who goes off and chips the soldier just standing there, and Becca finishes. Hector finishes off the soldier that attacked Dorcas.

fxRsv51.png

We're all good; Guy's going to lure a steel lance wielding pegasus to the southwest.

YxBBaXs.png

Er...he seems to have brought a little more then that.

8Atww3j.pngueFXOmX.png

That's 1 down. Can't really do much about the rest.

lGpmRhw.png

Lowen finishes off his cavalier and becomes even beastlier.

NHwEiD6.png

Serra traded Guy's bow for a lance, then I realized she could potentially get 1-hit by the cavalier. So Matthew and Bartre brought her back. Eliwood and Dorcas can tank a hit if the cav attacks, so all should be well.

PRd6h3h.png

A pegasus that spawned last turn attacks. This is why I had him switch to iron lance.

AHDFOP5.pngJupTEc4.png

...I didn't take the hand axe doubling him into account, and that cav killed him. It was almost certainly some stupid 30 hitrate, since he had WTD and an iron sword. This run just got more interesting since my def tank...well...tanked.

Sad thing is, I'm more annoyed by the fact that I didn't get to take his killing edge first. I was gonna sell that!

EDFCDsY.pngZKfzPhN.png

I'm so angry that I waste armorslayer uses on this guy.

OoGLUJe.pngGDUn0Ip.pngpIsNnU7.png

Eliwood crits the shit out of Guy's killer and Serra takes out the peg and gets a lousy level. I will almost certainly bench her. She hasn't procced HP once!

GyCU4dX.png

Lowen's going to lure a couple of cavs, while Dorcas will lure the last one. And they do so. I didn't realize one of the two attacking Lowen has an iron sword, so he can't counter since he has the iron lance equipped. But the guy still misses.

9aVEyzo.pngHMf3n9b.png

Lowen -.-

okj8eDT.png

Took care of the cav that attacked Dorcas.

roceagm.png

And that's the last enemy!

OuA92G2.png

Eliwood crits Boies on his first shot. Excellent! Some people get him out of silver sword range.

7EGbO3w.png

Marcus is just spamming heals; he gets an unremarkable level here.

558OuCn.png

...Well, it is an important stat since Guy died.

e8Ovqjo.png

EliwoodxHector C support.

0OySRm9.png

Marcus eats the shield. He'll most certainly be in use for quite some time, so I don't feel bad giving it to him. I thought about Serra first, but despite how good the Sol Katti is, she just don't seem cut out for endgame. I also use the silver card to sell my used weapons and buy them back at full charge, along with some javelins.

st8cuZy.png

I said no Merlinus, and I mean no Merlinus.

Deaths: Guy (13)

I kind of gave up on the super-detailed posts; it's just painstaking and I don't have much time to play. Sorrynotsorry.

Edited by Tequila

[spoiler=Chapter 14]

Mni15X1.pnghp0MO2I.png9Vrtj5s.png

Despite not having Merlinus, I still manage to withdraw everything remaining from the transfer items apart from the dragon axe, energy ring, angelic robe, and skill book.

ZKjufCW.png

Everyone's coming along, of course. Can't afford to skimp here.

mk4Fg2b.pngwfBFCc7.png

First things first: get rid of this bloody poison bow. Lowen gets a good level from it. He'll also tank the rest of that troop, since they all have iron lances.

PDbcisW.pngwqTyZAY.png1dMzYzP.png

Hector chips the soldier, getting B bows, near Erk and Eliwood finishes.

K1Nc7VL.png

I think I might actually use him this run, since I want Kenneth's PFOD.

Y03GoJT.png

End of player phase 1. Matthew and Erk got Serra out of mercenary range; I want Dorcas to lure them.

gokPFps.png

Lowen gets B lances as the right side suicides on him (only the knight survives).

Also, only one mercenary attacks Dorcas (and misses) because he moved in the path of his fellow merc. Most of the horde goes east.

xYeLJ0S.png

The aforementioned horde.

CD2JV21.png2aZ3eyw.png

A pretty risky move; I was hoping Matthew would crit and that would be that. Instead, the knight missed the counter. Either way, one of the biggest threats is neutralized.

Kornz7J.png2Fk4K4F.png

Pegasi are no more.

Mim5yIb.png

No! You must gain defense and be the ultimate tank!

36PP14X.png

So I got a nifty setup here, I think. Marcus and Eliwood got Matthew out of range of the iron bow knight, who I want to head towards Dorcas. The far east merc will most likely head for Serra, hoping for a 1-hit, but he's got ~25 hit on her. The other merc and his archer buddy will head for Hector and either Eliwood or Erk, respectively. The south archer should go for Oswin. Everyone else is out of range.

BURincE.png5RX2IPJ.pnghNdnZch.png

I was just about to write another eulogy, but Erk pulled through! The miss is annoying, but not life-threatening.

EhCa9y7.png

Another close call.

ouj90ro.png

I love it when my predictions come true. Especially since I'm not using savestates this run.

nB3t8uz.png

This guy is important. Everyone else may die at their leisure ASAP.

7oBGzyr.png

Well, Lowen's not going to get to that village any time soon, so Dorcas wards off a potential pirate attack.

mwAXjlk.png

Well...he would, if he could hit, that is.

VKAmpOZ.png

Oswin nails this guy, though.

8Sxweah.png

Serra kills that one. I have to be careful to not get in range of that knight, since I want him to go after Dorcas so Bartre can steal the book.

4PMzcES.png

I got really lucky here; Matthew crit-killed this one. Since Marcus was in range of the knight because he had to heal Erk, who's getting targeted by a steel-sword myrmidon and is on 1 hp otherwise, that would have screwed up alot of plans. However this crit meant Hector could rescue Marcus.

DIsRIHf.png

Like so.

UrjQxaD.png

The myrmidon went after Erk again, but missed.

0Ca3bwN.png

Rebecca and Oswin get rid of this guy later.

bIeEZZz.pngFSSKydX.pngZD3lJjR.png

C'mon Dorcas.

Fortunately, the second hit connected.

dIaGVmK.pngQpESDBr.png

Erk and Eliwood removed a mercenary in Hector's way, allowing him to remove this bandit. Eliwood also got C anima. Matthew takes Marcus from Hector and deposits him gently on the ground.

3F07K3x.png

Serra killed the knight with a killer lance, and Dorcas is going to lure a pirate with an iron axe.

DnUwBiq.png

Like such.

Also, another brigand decided the northern village was too hard to get to and heads south. And pegasi that spawned from the southern forts meet Lowen, who introduces them to pain.

k6LBoIC.png

As you can see, the rain started.

g05dYmm.png

Rather than looting the village, I open a path to it in hopes of luring the brigand back up. I'd rather not trigger the western forces to start moving earlier than necessary.

dse3uar.png

Oh wait, here they come. But hey, the brigand's with them (just off-screen). I didn't really to much this turn, just shuffled around awkwardly.

v1tIMzX.png

That's twice now, Lowen. You'd better shape up.

kvDhYz3.png

And you need to start proccing speed.

iO87AZt.png

Only one left. Oswin gets A swords from this.

kIjV7GO.png

End of turn. Hector chipped that nomad with his steel bow. He'll probably suicide on Eliwood, leaving the cavalier behind him to hit Hector.

KrplBtH.png7GXviX0.png5Djj8zl.png3DN8ePL.png

Called it. Also, Eliwood needs to step up his game. Hector has the same speed as him now.

k0afidQ.png

You did have a better chance of hitting Erk, you know. But whatever.

hkv68vB.png

The rain's stopped, and I don't think I can take out all of those cavs (especially poison sword and Horseslayer!Erik). So I opt for the cowardly sniping approach.

wuAB4QP.png

And I back up a bit.

0dlEf9x.png

Yes...good!

BJQXWt2.pngXxQh246.pngLgf0Wi2.png

Ok, fine, I'll use you anyway. But you're getting a robe ASAP. That means Prissy will have to do without, since Lyn's going to get the one I can (hopefully) steal in chapter 15.

MvOHhSa.png7352tWc.png

Bartre gets his first kill, and I seem to have successfully neutralized the entire platoon. Dorcas got B swords killing the poison sword cav, and Erk got C axes finishing off an iron lance cav.

Alll that's left are two iron sword cavs guarding Prissy's village and one lance cav to the west, none of which move.

vNziTI4.pngmC16GZm.pngevwY2w0.pngeJ4c6WG.png

BGTD2Su.png

General cleanup, replacing used weapons, recruiting Priscilla, and getting Lowen's third HP-only level in a row. Fin.

Deaths: Guy (13)

Yeah, provided they survive.

[spoiler=Chapter 15]

RTCW3Q9.pngyzoRVef.png

Welcome to the team, Serra.

NdAe7vz.png

I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how I would do this chapter. It was annoying.

aW8S2pL.pngBDRZuv9.png

First, I get rid of these knights. Dorcas scoops up Eliwood and carries him off into the sunset.

2tHWOK5.pngF9MQLrz.png8e6h6gF.pngpINP8dy.png

Then I get rid of these guys, leaving the hand-axe fighter alone in the northwest.

UgpT0dD.pngwEt8gql.png

Bartre and Serra combine their abysmal hitrates to off one of these annoying mages, netting him a shitty level.

DPLU7rZ.png

End of turn 1. Marcus took Eliwood from Dorcas, takes his emblem seal, and then drops him because he's in range of an archer.

BAoAypt.png

One of the few dodges my team does this chapter.

lwZXwFq.png

I have to stay out of his range for the moment. I can't afford to lure him over since a few lucky hits will kill whoever lures him (supposedly Hector).

heRyEAU.png

Oswin's a godsend in earlygame.

VPicgey.pngUXtWzG4.png

Grab the angelic robe, and Erk misses, annoyingly. The enemy, of course, does not miss.

BPa2gLH.png

I couldn't risk hitting from 2-range, because if the archer countered with ~40 hit Hector could have died on EP.

MSkWdPW.png9HJ1ef7.png

THIS IS FOR HITTING ERK.

6IqWiTf.png

To my surprise, she connects with both hits.

iow8LxZ.png

This is the nomad with the brave bow, aka yet ANOTHER annoyance in a chapter full of them. Everyone in his range can eat 2 hits, though. Lowen and Dorcas managed to airlift Bartre so that he can do some stealing; Dorcas is going to counter a merc that will attack him.

SW0jCmN.pngxTCrm57.png

Eliwood does not appreciate being hit.

9Xn1Are.png

Nomad hit once and missed once.

SjQA6K4.png

This dumbass thief messes up my plans to get both chests by going for the wrong door. I can't block his path without attracting Sealen, which I was loath to do. Looks like I'll miss out on the Mend staff.

p9xK6VC.pngudeVImh.png

Then again, this is worth more than the staff.

bOdtqKa.pnghXDkdns.png

The merc did indeed attack him, but Dorcas has an ulterior motive: blocking that silver-bow wielding nomad from targeting someone a little squishier.

CaSpk3v.pngqUMleak.png

She can't really do much else, so I have her chip the hand-axe fighter because he's really annoying. Once again, she fails to gain HP.

PlkOZ4n.png

Eliwood goes to lure one of the iron axe fighters, sipping a vulnerary to make sure he doesn't get killed. Rebecca and Erk finish it off between them.

Sr3oysg.png

End of turn 3.

qq7zJh1.pngumieQN9.pngY2X8rpi.pngUDjFlcA.png

Hector for only competent person on this team.

WEndX5e.png

More fighters are starting to make me sweat. They really hit hard, and no one can double the hand-axe users.

AdecbC4.png

That thief will unlock the other door on turn 7, so I remove him now because that's totally useless to me.

MBY9lQ1.png

More money!

HTYwPKC.png

Oswin kills the nomad for a decent level.

5w0nvGk.png

Erk kills the fighter that fought Eliwood and gets an OK level.

NQIcCuJ.pngoa9YRDY.pngEuOCGDG.png

Becca can take a hit from the last fighter, so I'm good on this side.

sJMI9oG.png

My def tanks are eradicating the reinforcements as quickly as they appear.

4b7mfio.png

Well...maybe not that quickly, since I still can't wander into Sealen's range.

HGT0ae1.png

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT DODGE?

Spoilers: No, they can't.

mbxDtOg.pngHSUakOn.png

I take that back, slightly.

TKjwrfX.png

<3

frTWkM8.png

That was a crit. A totally unnecessary one, but it made me feel better.

cGioYCU.png

Marcus gets a nice level patching everyone and their mother up.

miuqhVB.pngvCeX14M.png

Let's play spot the mistake, shall we?

EwHCGf8.pngZjASsWK.png

Nope, not it.

WVRoHCC.png

I accidentally moved Erk into that cavalier's range, when he was supposed to go after Serra. This is why I shouldn't play when I'm tired.

This is also why I said no one can dodge. Still probably not as bad as Guy's finishing blow though.

g50YTQA.png

Why yes, that does make me feel slightly better.

L0Vk0XE.png

NOW I finally bring Sealen out to play.

aKkrxEs.pngc8UOcTM.png

Nothing too exciting. I want to give the kill to someone other than Hector, but it turns out to not be possible.

VXtAz6e.png

I appreciate this.

NITAnCW.pngCu9V0Ey.pngwEnxr8i.pngifCw40E.png

Wanna-be mage tank detected.

b7X0HaS.png

Lowen gets this as cavaliers suicide on his steely hide, and the chapter is over.

Deaths: Guy (13), Erk (15)

Ouch... Losing Erk and Guy like that...

This is hard.

I'm surprised though that Serra the squishy hasn't died yet.

With Erk gone, your axe users left are Lyn, Rebecca and Louise. (I think)

[spoiler=Chapter 16]

HNwB9v2.png

Cause she's not likely to get defense any time soon.

yExTqq0.png

I manage to bring everyone along again. The advantages of losing people start manifesting themselves.

2amTtu3.png

If I had gotten a B support with Eliwood this could have been OHKO, but noooo, I decided not to abuse supports this run.

fL4NWpp.pngFtQhoa3.png

Hector's got pegs comin' at him; Lowen's luring a couple of mercs to the south, and everyone else keeps out of range.

ca5v8HZ.png

Goody, more exp later.

p8wCoYl.pnggwQWsd0.pngS089JuS.pngzD2C80P.png

Hector brushes off your pathetic hits, and grows stronger from it.

UKOhzPt.png

Two mercs already suicided into him; now the thief decides to not loot the village. I couldn't steal his lockpick anyway, so I do not care.

qejDBTh.png

The annoyance rears its ugly head.

P2Mkqu7.pngcJpb8zm.pngs8T3PHa.pngnDWs0Y5.png

Southeast team is alright, besides the long-range annoyances. Wil did not put his best foot forward.

Y9ONrfb.png7DxxBLm.png

Hector and Lowen chipped, respectively.

GMQRRfU.pngW3oevAW.png

Becca climbed a mountain near the start is going to wait for the cavalier reinforcements that will show up soon.

cD6tPsz.png

Matthew doubles, but can't kill. Perfect chipper.

That being said, I do hope to use him later.

6uLkhfe.png

Ballista is annoying.

zysR3pc.png

Uh oh.

AAqjzv3.png

*audible sigh of relief*

2m5oXMl.pngrf2EW6R.png8qYVFXs.png

My women are doing wonderfully.

sKm4E4Y.png

I move Bartre up to scout and...oh, hello!

kBjLcaq.png

More money; something this army ALWAYS needs.

2NOnTOL.png

She's gonna tank that ballista until it's gone.

gKd6tNS.png

Hector laughs at your silver sword.

ycb6LYn.png

HOLY FUCK I SWORE HE WAS OUT OF RANGE
I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT DODGING KILLING BLOWS

SAIN FOR MVP

4pNvwrk.pngWPUXwx7.png7uUAjFT.png

Eliwood, amongst others, shows the silver sword cav what a real critical looks like.

EMbI0BR.png

A heavier, less accurate, weaker, and crittier slim lance has been obtained.

P3d5FLw.png

End of turn 4.

Q37wMcj.pngh1UGaky.png

Retribution was swift and terrible for the first guy; not so much for the second.

wTsWDG8.png

Bandit alert! Lyn's on hand if Wil misses, but he actually doesn't.

LWdILyk.png

Lowen finally gets Kent's Delphi shield via an elaborate trade chain. All hail the Prince of the Skies! Well, until Nino comes along at least.

YZ4av9E.png

Pretty much just holding my position and waiting for the mercs and cavaliers to stop coming.

ii5rDZt.png

Oops.

Lc3QGtN.png

This was intentional, though.

YFjp3rQ.png

Wil couldn't kill the second brigand by himself, so Lyn finishes it off with a redundant critical.

sZDJhfe.png

Sain finally gets his ass in gear and starts chipping. He missed.

Ca8BTQs.pngEB3dRCQ.pnguTXepol.png8uqbGlE.png

Prince of skies could stand to get a bit more speed, but I shan't say no to more raw ferocity.

bXN6b0N.png

You can barely see the steel sword cavalier in the north of that picture. My goal is to get him running towards my troops so I can loot and destroy him.

pQrbg0d.pngrOa3ryu.png

*gasp*

DORCAS GOT RESISTANCE GUYS

pQPj4ep.png

Trap has been set. You can't see, but he moved northwest a bit to hit Bartre, meaning that he can charge towards my guys instead of hiding behind the cliff.

WeZmh7K.png

Speed is great, yeah, but the rest could use some work too!

sMgqS5C.png

I think this is the last shot. A merc misses Oswin too.

VcA1faF.png

Florina with a short bow makes excellent bait.

Z8YLPOv.pngAYQI9tE.pngNmtESXt.png

Prissy, you gotta do better than that! Look at Dorcas. He got friggin' resistance!

You can also see Hector can lure that myrmidon out finally.

5uPaM8q.png

Not that it did much.

LgcBDge.png

Time for Rebecca to feast. *rubs hands in anticipation*

0HO1kln.png

Sain's still chipping the hero, and even occasionally hitting (funnily enough, he missed this one).

IABOK8S.png

Gotta use up the statboosters as I get them. Hector's gonna be Mr-Aww-Hell-Nah-You-Ain't-Crittin'-Me.

2F3T4ce.png

I'm glad that archer isn't smart enough to go for the next ballista. Lyn's in range to give him a pounding. Not the good kind, either.

EY40rJ5.pngcc0fh7B.pngokb19xy.png

I actually had Kent hovering around in case Becca needed an airlift out of there, but my fears were groundless. None of those cavaliers has more than 10 hit on her.

vf62NCW.png

AT LAST!

qXoEMyW.png

The rest of the team slowly creeps into enemy mage territory. Marcus is barely in range (I scouted with Bartre, then rescued him).

sOwmoAb.png

I love the smell of TINK in the morning.

cTUdPsc.png

I let Kent get some fun too, despite the fact that he probably won't be used. His con is just too low.

pfbDC8Y.png

Becca's gettin' THWOMPY.

NgpJ25g.png

I guess my picture finger got a cramp there; that was a speedwings. The mage is eradicated and Marcus baits the next trap.

t2QqExk.png

We got 'im, boys!

BCPHgWh.png

Boys being boys.

GDJz19b.png

Sain gets the honor of beating up the mage.

q6KxuYD.png

More resistance is nice, but seriously, get some speed.

iakj3DB.png

No, Marcus gets speed. You get everything but speed, ok?

2haSYjb.png

Operation Feed Hector All the Boosters is a go. However, he's one of the few people I know that they won't be wasted on.

VPdmdcr.png

Feasting intensifies.

Mr1FBw1.png

This is going to Marcus, almost certainly.

tw8PPBe.pngiCfvX86.png

Final levels, from boss killing and healing everyone up, respectively.

AyjaJdm.png

The next part consists of Kent and Lowen flying back and forth with the silver card, replacing everyone's weapons. Therefore, the rest of the crew can build supports.

BiZ2vdD.png

Marcus gets B staves.

mA83jNt.png

Lyn becomes a viable combat unit. I was gonna give her the energy ring as well, but I'm suddenly having doubts. If she doesn't get strength within the next two levels, she's getting it. Otherwise, it'll probably go to Florina or Matthew.

kYp4b0l.png

Hector for mage tank.

6MCmPOY.png

In retrospect, I shouldn't have sold that skill book; Bartre could kind of use it. And by kind of, I mean really. I wasn't sure if I was going to use him, but since I can't RNG abuse to get Karla, he'll have to start getting levels. Eliwood also had another red gem that I sold at a later time.

8ACvChc.pngVafjzgy.pngGMFNrJs.png

More supports: EliwoodxHector B, DorcasxBartre C, LowenxMarcus C.

ZQJ4OUl.png

Proof that I did not, in fact, secretly do Merlinus' chapter.

[spoiler=Deaths]

Guy (13), Erk (15)