Sin and Punishment

Hanz

This says it better than I can:

The game is essentially a rail shooter. Forward progress through the levels is automatic; the player's job is to aim and fire at enemies, sidestep, roll, jump, or double-jump to avoid attacks and obstacles.

The player can switch between manual (red targeting reticle) and lock-on (purple targeting reticle) firing modes at any time. Lock-on mode "sticks" the reticle to enemies, but is less damaging than manually-aimed fire. The player can also attack using a powerful energy sword by tapping the fire button when enemies, or certain types of projectiles, are within close range. Projectiles struck in this manner are bounced back and can potentially inflict great damage on opponents. While the player attacks, a timer at the top of the screen counts down. When the timer hits 0, the player gradually loses more and more life until he or she dies.

The controls are awkward at first, but you can mess with them to your liking and get used to it. Doing the training helped alot.

• 2 months later...

Downloaded it before Brawl came out and sucked. Just restarted and I'm at the last boss already (wow it's short). Problem is I can't get it down to 1/4 health without dying, any tips? Also, wow. That was one huge and unexpected plot twist there.

Downloaded it before Brawl came out and sucked. Just restarted and I'm at the last boss already (wow it's short). Problem is I can't get it down to 1/4 health without dying, any tips? Also, wow. That was one huge and unexpected plot twist there.

Wait, did you say it sucked? That is a confusing post....

No, it's one of the best games I've ever played. I said that I sucked at the game, but Brawl overwhelmed it so I couldn't play it a lot due to my NEED to play Brawl. I don't suck anymore. The last boss IS extremely hard though. On Easy difficulty. Yeah. I guess I do still suck.

Honestly, I tried it and it wasn't good. It only kept my interest for about 2 hours. Obviously, Star Fox is a better choice for a rail shooter. Unless you've already downloaded Star Fox, in which case this would be your second choice. I can see this game working really well for arcades though, not to keep forever.