Icer's Mugshots

icercube

I got bored one day and decided to try my hand at splicing. It was my first time doing something like this, so I just went off a tutorial on FEPlanet. Am I doing it right?

post-14142-0-60895200-1426616653_thumb.jpg

A female thief and her sprite:

post-14142-0-88836500-1426616673_thumb.jpg

And tactician Mark from FE7 (how I pictured him):

post-14142-0-23077300-1426616696_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't mind creating my own FE game...too bad my creativity levels are low and I can't hack worth a damn.

... For me... it's a great stepping stone yet... there are some things you need to repair...

First, the first picture...

1. The monk with generic villager head (?) looks weird... try to fix his neck by moving it forward.

2. The second mug... well... the head doesn't match with the body... (Try to imagine a guy with big body with small head. ._.)

3. The third mug is like a giraffe. His neck is way too long... The lady has the same issue too.

4. Wil "edited mugshot"... His hair... only has 2 base colors... Stick to the usual sprites, by making the hair has 3 base colors.

Then the female thief...

1. You need to give more detailed shading... Like her nose... and her forehead... shade them more...

2. Her neck is too slim... Make it bigger....

But her battle sprite looks perfect for me~

The tactician looks nice, just need some editing.

And by the way, don't mix FE6-7 and FE8 colors together. Just use one of them only...

I'm sorry if my correction is too much... And pardon my bad English :P

Have a nice day, and keep on spriting!

Sorry. Tried Imgur, but wasn't letting me upload them.

... For me... it's a great stepping stone yet... there are some things you need to repair...

First, the first picture...

1. The monk with generic villager head (?) looks weird... try to fix his neck by moving it forward.

2. The second mug... well... the head doesn't match with the body... (Try to imagine a guy with big body with small head. ._.)

3. The third mug is like a giraffe. His neck is way too long... The lady has the same issue too.

4. Wil "edited mugshot"... His hair... only has 2 base colors... Stick to the usual sprites, by making the hair has 3 base colors.

Then the female thief...

1. You need to give more detailed shading... Like her nose... and her forehead... shade them more...

2. Her neck is too slim... Make it bigger....

But her battle sprite looks perfect for me~

The tactician looks nice, just need some editing.

And by the way, don't mix FE6-7 and FE8 colors together. Just use one of them only...

I'm sorry if my correction is too much... And pardon my bad English :P

Have a nice day, and keep on spriting!

Oh, not at all! It was very helpful. And your English is fine. I kinda got lazy on some of these and didn't bother with the shading "^^ but thanks for the advice. Will try to make the changes when I have time.