Mine trick for future recruits.

Dizzy

Has anyone experimented with using the mine trick, that lets you control the enemy turn, to siphon weapons for yourself? The scenario I had in mind is in FE7/Blazing sword chapter 17x. Fargus and Dart will not attack player units unless attacked first. On hard mode the enemies have a number of killer weapons an an Elfire. If during the enemy turn they traded those weapons to Dart would he still have them in his inventory when he joins in chapter 19?

Has anyone experimented with using the mine trick, that lets you control the enemy turn, to siphon weapons for yourself? The scenario I had in mind is in FE7/Blazing sword chapter 17x. Fargus and Dart will not attack player units unless attacked first. On hard mode the enemies have a number of killer weapons an an Elfire. If during the enemy turn they traded those weapons to Dart would he still have them in his inventory when he joins in chapter 19?

No, Dart joins with a Steel Axe, Hand Axe, and Torch. The only way to get items via mine glitch is to trade them to a unit whose last item is droppable.

Somewhat oddly, enemies can deposit items in the player's convoy, so you simply need to perform the glitch when an enemy is within reach of merlinus. THen trade all items that you want (probably the best one is the "spear" that vaida has of her first appearence, which gives hillarious boosts) to that unit and have them deposit all of the weapons in the convoy.

• 2 weeks later...