How is it going, folks?

I never found anyone who usually talks about their favorite levels in Awakening. And I was wandering which chapters did you guys particularly like. And which ones you absolutely loathed to oblivion for some reason or another.

My favorites are:

Ch. 10: Renewal (Great atmosphere and an amazing boss battle. Emotionally gripping and overall fantastic. Plus, it's a fan favorite as far as I know. The enemies get spared if you kill Mustafa too quick which adds to the sadness of that level. And that music!)

Ch. 13: Of Sacred Blood (Plot twistville, right there. Some of you may have seen it coming but boy, did it deliver. A bit easy but otherwise great.)

Ch. 23: Invisible Ties (Just like Of Sacred Blood in terms of story but with a little bit of more flavor added to the combat side.)

Paralogue: A Man For Flowers (I liked Inigo as a character but I also found his level to be fun because it made me make use out of my assassins with the Pass skill, and using ranged units to pick off generals and such on other sides of the maze.)

Least favorite chapters:

Ch. 19: Conqueror (Man, the constant air reinforcements on that one were such a pain in the ass. And on top of that Walhart escapes your grasp to fight you in the next chapter. Not that his fight was hard, but I just wanted him to die ASAP.)

Paralogue 10: Ambivalence (I like Severa as a character but her mission can be a bit of a pain. Rescue staves made it much more tolerable.)

Chapter 21: Five Gemstones (Mire, mire, mire....how I despise thee so...)

Paralogue 1: Sickle to Sword (I dread this part every time I start a new playthrough. Recruit stupid Donny but weaken those stupid enemies to a certain amount where they can be killed by Donny himself as his stats are garbage when you get him and Aptitude is the only reason you wanted him in the first place.)

So what are your favorite and least favorite of the Awakening chapters? Share your thoughts.

Oh, btw, this is an opinion. There's a lot of nice people here but I wanted to point it out anyway.

PS: DLC Chapters can be listed too, why not? But I would like it if you list them on their own. I just couldn't bother thinking of my favorite downloadable chapter yet. So list yours if you want to. But I'm mostly curious about the raw game levels and your opinions on those.

Edited by Rxmonste

Cht.23 has an added gameplay flair over Cht.13? It's like the most open of all open field chapters. And Cht.10's boss lacks a custom head.

I like all of Future Past (story), Challenge Pack (music), and Apo (gameplay). I don't care for Par.3 or, to a lesser extent, any of the ST maps where the ally AI actively tries to get itself killed.

Best:

• chapter 10 because of Don't speak her name and the sad atmosphere. It's the only touching moment in the game, when I must kill Mustafa.
  • TikI's paralogue, because it's the only interesting map for me in this entire game. A "pseudo-defend" map.

Worst:

Everything else

Cht.23 has an added gameplay flair over Cht.13? It's like the most open of all open field chapters.

When I said gameplay flavor I was probably thinking about chapter 22, actually. With the deadlords and such. How could I confuse those two? xD

Chapter 23 (atmosphere), Chapter 10 (music), Endgame (music), and Chapter 19 (actual battle) are some of my favorites. Least favorites would be Chapter 24 (especially on Lunatic) and Tiki's paralogue because it sux.

I didn't analyze all the games chapters, but a few of them caught my attention. This is from a purely gameplay perspective, so atmosphere isn't accounted for.

One of my favourite chapters in the game: Fort Steiger, Ch. 17.

It features many choke points, pillars, tight corridors, bonus objectives(chests) and two different timed challenges (reinforcements and a thief going after treasure). It has enemies with 1, 1-2 and 2-3 range, physical and magical weaponry.

There are also three different entrances to the Fort, which enables hundreds of ways to infiltrate. Being forced to split your army into three different groups of units adds another layer of strategic diversity on top of it. Now you have to decide whether you want your units to attack from multiple angles, possibly execute a pincer move on the center units, or compound your strength by grouping all your units up together.

I like paralogue 4 as well, for similar reasons.

The very open maps which contain zerg-rush style enemies (like ch. 11: Mad King Gangrel, ch. 12: The Seacomers) are not very enjoyable for me, since it hinders tactical diversity.

The earlier maps were pretty fun because there seemed to be more effort placed into clever enemy positioning.

I'm particularly fond of C3, C4, and C5. Both of these maps have quite a bit going on despite their initial appearance. C3 has 2 choke points and 2 paths you can take. C4 is split in 2 with varying enemy types, and C5 puts you in a really good position. The Wyverns hovering at the top of the map add a completely different layer of challenge to what would have otherwise been a boring and linear map. Bonus points to all 3 of these maps because they play the song "Duty" which is my favorite song in the game.

Story wise, I like C20. Epic showdown with Walhart and all that. Divine Decree makes it perfect. I also like how you fight 3 different squads.

I loathe a lot of the latter half of the game because wide open maps with high enemy density really heavily favor EP juggernauts. It's boring.

C12, C14, and C18 come to mind.

I especially loathe C23 for forcing Chrom and Robin away from everybody else (Sumia missed her husbando for like 3 turns) and derping with the gemstones. Also suffered from wide open map with high enemy density.

C24 can go die in a fire. They thought it would be a good idea to bring back the worst part of Verdane while combining it with forts that spawn reinforcements on turn 2.

Favorites:

-Prologue: the amount of BS one could do with the water trick

-Ch. 20: final stand for Cervantes, Excellus and Walhart

-Par. 22: being forced to basically fight a larger Streetpass team while also protecting Aversa is an interesting battle

Least favorites:

-Any desert map and Ch. 24: movement is hindered for most units on those maps

-Ch. 2: hate this map on Lunatic and Lunatic+

-Par. 16: despite the gimmick with the walls, the map is long and boring -- especially hate replaying it multiple times for all of Nah's supports; Mire sorcerers don't help any

-Par. 2 and 3: Near pointless.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Para 2 and 3 are free experience :awesome:

I'll take any excuse to rid the world of very gonky Berserkers :awesome:

Anyways...

Least favorite:

Chapter 4 - Being stuck with an extraordinarily small number of units is, in a word, L-A-M-E.

Par 13 - I can't resist the lure of getting all the villages. Unfortunately, that means it's a pain. It doesn't help that I find the new recruit to be a liability.

Chapter 17 - Boss with Fortify staff (who manages to be hard to hit when you actually manage to get to her)? Check. Split up? Check.

Favorite:

Chapters 19/20 - #FuckYeahDivineDecree

Chapter 9 and 11 - See above

Chapter 22 - Chaos and Chaos (Ablaze) are amazing.

Par 4 - ANNA! :awesome:

The earlier maps were pretty fun because there seemed to be more effort placed into clever enemy positioning.

I'm particularly fond of C3, C4, and C5. Both of these maps have quite a bit going on despite their initial appearance. C3 has 2 choke points and 2 paths you can take. C4 is split in 2 with varying enemy types, and C5 puts you in a really good position. The Wyverns hovering at the top of the map add a completely different layer of challenge to what would have otherwise been a boring and linear map. Bonus points to all 3 of these maps because they play the song "Duty" which is my favorite song in the game.

Story wise, I like C20. Epic showdown with Walhart and all that. Divine Decree makes it perfect. I also like how you fight 3 different squads.

I loathe a lot of the latter half of the game because wide open maps with high enemy density really heavily favor EP juggernauts. It's boring.

C12, C14, and C18 come to mind.

I especially loathe C23 for forcing Chrom and Robin away from everybody else (Sumia missed her husbando for like 3 turns) and derping with the gemstones. Also suffered from wide open map with high enemy density.

C24 can go die in a fire. They thought it would be a good idea to bring back the worst part of Verdane while combining it with forts that spawn reinforcements on turn 2.

C5 doesn't play Duty, it is the first map that plays Destiny. And @ Duty favorite song in game that's a new one. Most people like it alright, I myself am not a fan of it.

Yeah, C5 was the one with Marribelle and Ricken, no? So it was the first one with Destiny. I liked that one, it introduced reinforcements pretty well in my mind. Until they overdid it in the latter half a little bit.