Bloodborne

Tryhard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I started a new file.

Things are going much better. Beat the cleric beast on my first try, now I'm at level 16, with a good amount of blood echoes, hunter armor, and access to gasciogne.

Liking the designs of this game way more than Dark Souls 1 and 2 by the way.

Honestly, this game's design is one of the best I have ever seen. The dark, despair and wicked atmosphere is well done. The boss and their minions are also great for a RPG/Action game.

Damn, that patch did wonders for the game. I am getting so much co-op activity in the Frontier and Mensis, and the loading screens are so much more bearable.

also the rifle spear glitch is so OP but also really hilarious and I cannot stop using it

You are truly a cat.

Although, supposedly a similar glitch is why the Chikage in trick form does obscene damage due to how the bloodgems affect AR or something.

Edited by Ein

You are truly a cat.

Although, supposedly a similar glitch is why the Chikage in trick form does obscene damage due to how the bloodgems affect AR or something.

Yes, I am.

Really... that's interesting. I wonder if they will ever fix the obscene damage. In a way I hope they don't because this spear is so good at blasting chalice bosses to pieces.

I really want to see a cyberpunk/sci-fi Soul's game. Not sure if this has ever been brought up before.

so basically armored core

That actually sounds really cool. I'd love to play a game like that.

thank you based patch for the load times not taking a third of my life

I probably prefer the medieval-like settings personally, but I think I would be happy for more souls or such whatever they chose to do.

Edited by Tryhard

• 7 months later...

Stake Driver? My aesthetic. I don't care how "not useful" it is... it's still my favorite. Rakuyo is pretty damn good though too, may just end up replacing it... like whoaaaaaa....

Anyone played through the old hunters dlc recently?

It's pretty great, took everything that made bloodborne good and made it even better.

Those bosses were all some of the coolest fights in the series.

BOOM Hammer bitches.

And I guess the Whirligig Saw and Church Pick are cool too.

Whirligig Saw is amazing for some bosses with the trick forms L2. Mow down the lawn.

church pick is literally my wife

Seriously how did they not include something like the Soul Vessel in Bloodborne when you have a character like the Plain Doll in it.

All my builds have 40 strength and skill since Arcane stuff shows up so late in the game and I don't want to hamper myself just use something that requires even more work to reach over the Saw Cleaver.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how to accommodate BOOM Hammer and Church Pick in one build help.

You said you had a quality build, right? You can literally use both in the same build.

Church Pick scales slightly with STR and highly with SKL, so if they're both high you're already getting good damage out of it.

Boom Hammer, although it DOES have innate fire damage that scales with ARC, doesn't get much of an increase with ARC investment. It's a STR-based weapon through-and-through, just like the Amygdalan Arm.

I wish bloodborne had that soul vessel thing from Dark Souls 2 that let you re-allot all your stats.

It sucks how the game only limits you to a few weapons based on stats. (and with the scarcity of blood rocks, you barely even get that).

Now, I'm just creating skill/strength builds so I can have some more opportunities to use a wide variety of weapons in NG+

Chalice dungeons solve all your problems, man. You can loot three guaranteed ones from Ihyll, Lower Loran, and Isz, including the two you get from Mensis and the Fishing Hamlet. Already that's five weapons you can get to +10. If you need more, just beat up bosses in chalice dungeons at layer 3 and onwards. They'll have a chance of dropping a blood rock along with a bloodgem.

Trust me, those chalice dungeons seem grueling, but they're not that difficult.

You said you had a quality build, right? You can literally use both in the same build.

Church Pick scales slightly with STR and highly with SKL, so if they're both high you're already getting good damage out of it.

Boom Hammer, although it DOES have innate fire damage that scales with ARC, doesn't get much of an increase with ARC investment. It's a STR-based weapon through-and-through, just like the Amygdalan Arm.

I'm making a new a character since I got rid of my old characters and was making a str/arc build then realized that was stupid.

sadness

So a new patch came through, you can now get blood rocks from the insight shop.

where is that one reactionmeme pic of some dude touching his face with both hands and his eyes closed as though he is in absolute bliss

So a new patch came through, you can now get blood rocks from the insight shop.

Goddamn, sixty insight. That's expensive.

Oh, and it seems they reduced the stamina consumption of the Boom Hammer! It's finally good!

I'm making a new a character since I got rid of my old characters and was making a str/arc build then realized that was stupid.

sadness

STR/ARC isn't bad at all. What made you think that setup was a bad idea?

Goddamn, sixty insight. That's expensive.

Oh, and it seems they reduced the stamina consumption of the Boom Hammer! It's finally good!

STR/ARC isn't bad at all. What made you think that setup was a bad idea?

27% cursed gem farming says hello

Oh my yes

Not having stats be even bugs me.

27% cursed gem farming says hello

Oh my yes

Not having stats be even bugs me.

You really don't need 27% gems. Sure, they're nice, but even the 22% gems from the Winter Lanterns in the Fishing Hamlet can last you for a long time.

Then again, I don't go past NG+. I see no reason to.

Those winter lantern gems are the only reason I ever beat orphan of kos.

You can still beat him with 18% ones from Mensis, but those 22% gems really do help.