SF's "Write Your Butt Off!" Writing Competition XIV

Sunwoo

Well. . .you can always include a link to this competition in your sig~!

I can't put anything else in my sig. I've hit the line limit and link limit. I suppose I could get rid of one of the links I've been throwing around for the past half decade or so but I've found myself quite attached.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't put anything else in my sig. I've hit the line limit and link limit. I suppose I could get rid of one of the links I've been throwing around for the past half decade or so but I've found myself quite attached.

Assuming I can count, there's only 6 links there. You can put one more

Assuming I can count, there's only 6 links there. You can put one more

I thought six was the limit. Well I'd still be at the line max but half of them are empty spaces. I guess I could do some rejiggling of things and add to the advertising. It was through someone's sig that I first found out about this after all.

Well. . .you can always include a link to this competition in your sig~!

I think it'd be better to use an image for advertising. It could be a small banner.

I think it'd be better to use an image for advertising. It could be a small banner.

I could make a badge for the comp.

Make it say [ Writer ] or something and have a click label on it?

For that matter, I could make separate ones for everyone and just have the [ Writer ] Text require a link to here.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Somehow I think the fact that the Scribbles competition involved a reward for top placements and a participatory badge was more of a factor for some people.

Somehow I think the fact that the Scribbles competition involved a reward for top placements and a participatory badge was more of a factor for some people.

Personally the reward was why I avoided participating in Scribbles. I didn't want to have the slight chance of having to give away my address.

The badges will be available to everyone else in March anyway, except for the Marth.

Personally the reward was why I avoided participating in Scribbles. I didn't want to have the slight chance of having to give away my address.

The badges will be available to everyone else in March anyway, except for the Marth.

I'm sure you'd be allowed to participate but opt out of receiving the rewards.

That still doesn't explain why the activity on this competition was so low (well, relatively low, since it started with an average of 6 members), even before Scribbles. If there are that many people who like writing and are willing to participate in contests, why didn't they participate here before?

That still doesn't explain why the activity on this competition was so low (well, relatively low, since it started with an average of 6 members), even before Scribbles. If there are that many people who like writing and are willing to participate in contests, why didn't they participate here before?

Lack of exposure compared to Scribbles, maybe? Scribbles had an entire thing in the announcement subforum and a little "Participate pls" banner on all pages.

It took me a while but I finally have an idea.

Be warned that I write for mature audiences. That means drugs, sex and violence.

Friendly reminder just in case but

4) No smut! Try to keep entries rated PG-13 maximum.

Please follow rule 4 as outlined in the OP. So long as you do that it'll be fine

Friendly reminder just in case butPlease follow rule 4 as outlined in the OP. So long as you do that it'll be fine

There's a difference between mature and smut.

I quite literally can't write anything if it's restricted to PG. I like to deal with mature subjects and I don't do happy-go-lucky well.

If you want, I can give you a rough copy when I finish but as I mentioned, it will be of a mature subject.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

There's a difference between mature and smut.

I quite literally can't write anything if it's restricted to PG. I like to deal with mature subjects and I don't do happy-go-lucky well.

If you want, I can give you a rough copy when I finish but as I mentioned, it will be of a mature subject.

Again, so long as it's at most PG-13, you should be good.

Again, so long as it's at most PG-13, you should be good.

Technically, it wouldn't fall under that category since I've already used the word "fuck" twice and the limit is one.

Much as I'd like to, real life wants me the hell off of SF. I'll try to poke my head in every now and then, but my activity's gonna blow for the next week (minimum).