Favourite RPG-Maker games?

NoCashOtaku

Have not seen a recent thread on RPG Maker games, so I guess I'll create a new one.

[spoiler=Favourite in General]

Misao

What can I say. It's horror. It's hilarious. It has a bonus story. It also has a piano. And best of all, you can die...

...by not listening to someone play the said piano.

And it even made me create a "Sempai, DON'T notice me" joke... which died along with my computer.

[spoiler=Favourite Horror]

The Crooked Man

I'd say this one is actually the most scary for me. Yeah, aren't many monsters, but the atmosphere gave me chills nonetheless.

[spoiler=Favourite RPG-ish]

Last Word

I will be very honest here. You literally win by

shutting people up telling everyone to be quiet in a highly sophisticated manner.

Wonderful plot, and terrible puns of awesomeness.

[spoiler=The best one to troll your friends]

Yanderella

Even the name gives people the creeps. It's one of those sappy romances, until... well, I won't ruin it. But remember, Bad Ending = Bad Ending. True Ending = Happy Ending... or maybe not.

Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, no contest. Such a beautiful and touching story.

In fact, a lot of the games vgperson translated are very high on my list of favorites. In particular, I'm also very fond of The Gray Garden, LiEat (all three games), Standstill Girl, Ib, and Mad Father.

Fantasy Maiden's Odd Hideout is also a gem I recently discovered, although I wish more effort had gone into its translation.

.flow and Yume 2kki are very unique experiences, too. The latter doesn't have a translation at all, but fortunately it's not like there is much to translate.

As far as RPG-Maker games that actually play like traditional RPGs go, the first that comes to mind is Unterwegs in Düsterburg. It has great characters, a fantastic interactive story (your choices throughout the game all matter!), amazing atmosphere, solid gameplay and tons of hidden secrets.

I'm pretty sure OFF is an RPGMaker, right? If it counts, that's my choice. Up there as one of my favorite games in awhile.

.flow is a unique experience. Unsettling atmosphere, odd enemies, and wow, some of them endings. 3rd one in particular.

Sabitsuki sits on her balcony as a maid wearing a gas mask comes onto the balcony, brandishing a chainsaw. You can probably see where this is going.

Always wanted to try Wadanohara too.

I played a lot, so here are my faves (bolded ones are my ultimate favs)

Camelia by femkano
Featherbent Arc I Chapter I (Homestuck) by featherbent
Featherbent Arc I Chapter II (Homestuck) by featherbent
Featherbent Arc I Chapter III (Homestuck) by featherbent
Fey by Ashes of Emerald
Forest of Drizzling Rain (Kirisame ga furu mori) by Sanada Makoto (星屑KRNKRN)
Ib by kouri
In Search of Immortality by Blue Coral Games
LiEat I by Miwashiba
LiEat II by Miwashiba
LiEat III by Miwashiba

Mermaid Swamp by Uri
Painted Heart by Dreaming Games
Remnants of Isolation by Red_Nova&unity&Sooz
Standstill Girl by Sky Scraper Project
Star Stealing Prince by Star*Cadets
Strange Men Series I: The Crooked Man by Uri
Strange Men Series II: The Sandman by Uri
The Gray Garden by Mogeko
Wadanohara and the great blue sea by Mogeko

Edited by infiniterhapsody

I got some fun from "legionwood, tale of two swords" (this says a lot, given that i usualy don't like rpg maker games)

Edited by sirmola

I make RPGMaker games ( I finished up a 12 hour long RPG in RPGMaker VX in November last year after 4 years of development ), but Star Stealing Prince is one of my favourites. And I find it quite saddening that most people's favourite RM games are horror games and not JRPGs in general. ( le sigh, that genre needs to die in a hole ).

Hmm, I enjoy The Witch's House way more than I should. There's also Mad Father.
And Ib too, I like Ib, I hope there will be some new ending in future update.

Though the last one make laugh actually.

But I don't want to talk too much about Horror RPG Maker game, I'll end up depressed. ^^'

One true RPG that I really, really enjoyed, despite the fact that it wasn't translated yet, is Nocturne: Rebirth, made by Cogwheel and created on RPG Maker XP, and the guy really used the ressources he had to the maximum.

Good, nay, great battle, kind of have a Tales of feeling, even though it is active time battle, and really challenging. One thing that I love is that, even if all of your familiars are dead, it doesn't mean that the battle is over. You can still win with only Reviel and his skills.

So yeah, I definitely recomend it.

But I can't undertand too much about the plot, I don't know Japanese. ^^'

Well, that's not really true, I know some things by just looking the cutscenes, and craving for some information in the google-translated japanese wikipedia, sooo...

And with time, I could recognize the skills and I know the japanese kanji of the element, to there is that, I'm not lost in battle, helped by the english translation of the skills when they are reusable...

But still waiting for the english patch. :p

Edited by B.Leu

I make RPGMaker games ( I finished up a 12 hour long RPG in RPGMaker VX in November last year after 4 years of development ), but Star Stealing Prince is one of my favourites. And I find it quite saddening that most people's favourite RM games are horror games and not JRPGs in general. ( le sigh, that genre needs to die in a hole ).

Star Stealing Prince is a masterpiece, especially when you read it's sequel as well ^_^. Oh, and which game did you make?