TRIUMPH FORKS  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think would happen if you touched the Triforce?

• It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Power
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Wisdom
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Courage
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Power and Wisdom
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Courage and Power
    • I think I possess a perfect balance of the three virtues, so it wouldn't split.

I have to agree with Integrity; wisdom is more or less how you use your intelligence, experiences, morals, etc

which is why i wonder how zelda ends up with it since she's always useless

Edited by Sara.

I know

I'm just saying.

I lean toward that one.

Though if you're talking about the irony with my theme, granted, I admire Link a lot.

i didn't even pay attention to your theme tbh

i was just laughing at the fact that you, glaceon mage, one of the more obnoxious users of serenes forest dot net, claimed the triforce of wisdom

there i explained it thoroughly

i disagree on account of socrates was a bitch and by extension plato was too

Who said that meant denying wisdom makes you wise?

You're disqualified too.

Who said that meant denying wisdom makes you wise?

shit, wasn't that socrates?

You're disqualified too.

yeah i totally am, i claimed power because i'm a dick like ganondorf

I guess he is disqualified too.

I claimed Power too.

Tbf, Ganondorf more or less wanted what was best for the Gerudo. Aka being able to live somewhere besides the desert. It was the Triforce of Power that kinda drove him off the edge of sanity, which he slowly climbed back up come the Wind Waker. Of course, the Hero of Winds kills him a few minutes after King Daphenes wishes for Hyrule's destruction before he can wish for it. Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

i didn't even pay attention to your theme tbh

i was just laughing at the fact that you, glaceon mage, one of the more obnoxious users of serenes forest dot net, claimed the triforce of wisdom

there i explained it thoroughly

Integ says it so i dont have to. Cheers. mate.

Wisdom would be the one im left with too. But it would be a very unusual circumstance. (cuz guess what. In Zelda lore, you cannot get left with two triforce pieces.) Like, it would be the more negative side of wisdom id be left with. The kind that manifests itself like Cassandra of Classic mythology, or Ophelia. Such things would end up causing a bit of harm due to the imbalance. I think the reason Link and Zelda end up safe in Zelda lore, is usually because they do not touch the Triforce themselves. (Link does occasionally, but its always hinted that he has a great deal of balance. And his heart is pure.)

Wisdom would be the one im left with too. But it would be a very unusual circumstance. (cuz guess what. In Zelda lore, you cannot get left with two triforce pieces.) Like, it would be the more negative side of wisdom id be left with. The kind that manifests itself like Cassandra of Classic mythology, or Ophelia. Such things would end up causing a bit of harm due to the imbalance. I think the reason Link and Zelda end up safe in Zelda lore, is usually because they do not touch the Triforce themselves. (Link does occasionally, but its always hinted that he has a great deal of balance. And his heart is pure.)

I kinda included those options even though I wasn't going to originally because the thought of "what if [person] has two of them in balance, but not the third? What happens?" If you know, tell me, I'll correct the poll, I honestly don't remember it being discussed... anywhere in the series.

So my guess was it being similar to the "just one" thing only with two.

Link and Zelda occasionally touch the triforce, though. The end of both Triforce of the Gods games has Link/Link and Zelda wishing for peace/Lorule's Triforce being restored (dependant on game). The entire plot of the first game involves Link putting the broken Triforce of Wisdom back together. The second has him already have Power & Wisdom while he runs off to find Courage and wish a different Zelda awake. Similarly, the Wind Waker's Link has to find the Triforce of Courage for himself as well.

The only characters who have made use of a full Triforce at one point or another are, I believe: Ganon, ALttP!Link, ALBW!Link, ALBW!Zelda, AoL!Link, and King Daphenes.

Edit maybe someone from SS but I never got past the first Silent Realm.

Edit II: missed the part about Link's purity. THat's mainly ALttP/OoX/LA Link and LoZ/AoL Link, to my knowledge, I honestly have no idea about ALBW Link/Zelda since they touch it together and who knows how that works, though they'd probably be better off than if Ravio and Hilda did it instead (Ravio might have been fine despite his claim to cowardice, since abandoning Hilda when he did takes a different kind of courage. Especially since he really did not want to, as his journal implies. Hilda definitely wouldn't have been, though).

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

Can you explain what you mean by balance and how those examples help explain it?

Edited by Makaze

Can you explain what you mean by balance and how those examples help explain it?

When someone touches the Triforce, one of two things can happen:

1. It splits in three because the person's heart is not in balance. The person is left with what they are most associated with, in Ganon's case, Power. If they want to keep the whole thing, they have to track down the other two pieces that went to predestined owners (Link and Zelda, usually).

2. They're a picture perfect being, their heart is 100% balanced, the Triforce doesn't split and they live the good life for the remainder of eternity (because they'd have immortality granted by the Triforce of Power).

The only character that is 100% definitely in balance is ALttP Link. This is because the Triforce did not split after ALttP, as shown by OoX. He's a good kid, apparently.