TRIUMPH FORKS  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think would happen if you touched the Triforce?

• It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Power
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Wisdom
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforce of Courage
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Power and Wisdom
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage
    • It would split, and I'd be left with the Triforces of Courage and Power
    • I think I possess a perfect balance of the three virtues, so it wouldn't split.

Can you explain what you mean by balance and how those examples help explain it?

Did you like, never play a modern Zelda game, dude? Cuz like, the way it goes: Someone touches the Triforce, and they dont have all three virtues in balance, the Triforce splits into three. The virtue that the person most believes in, is the piece they get to keep. In the games, when Link touches it, (usually) he has all three virtues in balance and thus restores Hyrule and shit. If someone wants to restore the split Triforce back to its original form, they need to find the people who have the pieces left. Ganondorf tends to put his shithooks on the Triforce, and thus it splits.

e6vd.png

BTW I didn't vote, so I'm not tooting my own horn here.

tbh, that option seemed the most egotistical of the lot.

Wait I forgot one thing

Idk why but when King Daphenes wishes on it at the end of TWW all three pieces appear to fly off somewhere.

Where they went is anybody's guess, as is why all of them flew off (rather than two or none).

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

I'd touch it and they'd all split like a bat out of hell trying to get away from me. The secret 4th triforce piece, void, would be mine.

This. I'm not courageous, or wise, or powerful. I'm just kind of... yeah :/

What is the "negative side" and how does it parallel to Cassandra and Ophelia?

Cassandra was cursed with truth, but no one ever believed her. Ophelia spoke wisdom that no one could ever make sense out of. (including herself) In other words, great insight is often gained with the price of madness.

Wait I forgot one thing

Idk why but when King Daphenes wishes on it at the end of TWW all three pieces appear to fly off somewhere.

Where they went is anybody's guess, as is why all of them flew off (rather than two or none).

That is obviously because he did not possess all three virtues. He also didnt seem to want to possess the Triforce itself. He simply made a wish.

Cassandra was cursed with truth, but no one ever believed her. Ophelia spoke wisdom that no one could ever make sense out of. (including herself) In other words, great insight is often gained with the price of madness.

That is obviously because he did not possess all three virtues. He also didnt seem to want to possess the Triforce itself. He simply made a wish.

He had a piece of the Triforce of Wisdom until about the middle of the game when he turns Tetra into Zelda with magic that drastically pales a person's skin. So he did favor that, if anything.

The latter suggestion makes enough sense.

Ssh, don't tell anyone.

:V

He had a piece of the Triforce of Wisdom until about the middle of the game when he turns Tetra into Zelda with magic that drastically pales a person's skin. So he did favor that, if anything.

The latter suggestion makes enough sense.

A piece that actually didnt belong to him. Did we even play the same games here? He was literally holding it for Zelda. What the game does not explain, is how her piece got fractured to begin with. The hint we get, is that the King took a piece in order to ensure Ganon couldnt get a hold of it in case Zelda does turn up. And that whole watching over his descendant thing

:V

A piece that actually didnt belong to him. Did we even play the same games here? He was literally holding it for Zelda. What the game does not explain, is how her piece got fractured to begin with. The hint we get, is that the King took a piece in order to ensure Ganon couldnt get a hold of it in case Zelda does turn up. And that whole watching over his descendant thing

We are.

What he says is that the Hyrulean Royal Family was protecting it, showing it's more of a family treasure so to speak. This continues throughout, since Zelda is usually in charge when she has it, ie ALBW, TP, OoT adult, etc. Now that I think about it, it could be the fact that King Daphenes is technically dead throughout the Wind Waker... it could have not stayed with him because of that.

It wouldn't be the first time some Hyrulean Royal broke the Triforce of Wisdom to protect it. I always figured that was why it was split in two, one with Daphenes and one with the fleeing Zelda. Not as efficient as 8, though.

I'm probably overthinking it though.

I'm 99% sure that the only option that's missing is the one that summarized all of us, because we're all jerks not worthy of triangles

Thanks.

can i get circles instead, they're more edgy

I'll upgrade your spin attack if you find the 15 stray fairies in the Mafia subforum. I can't go there because I can't stand to sully my hands clicking around in there.

Wait, so the triforce you get is based on what you value rather than what you are, like the sorting hat?

If the piece we received was based on what we fit most, then yeah I feel like I'd get that void in the middle too ^o^ I'm a huge pansy and am super weak and think I really make way too many mistakes in basically everything to be wise (though I think I'd fit that most out of the three? if only because of how much of a pansy and weakling I am ^o^)

If it were based on what we value most... then I'd probably get courage and wisdom, or just courage.

sooooooooo idk how to vote