Class locks

momogeek2141

I need help. I am currently trying to make a weapon similar to Caeda's Wing Spear through nightmare in FE6. First thing, how do I class lock it so that only pegasus knights/Falco knights can use it?

Second, what should the effectiveness pointer be set to in order for it to be effective vs knights/cavaliers/mounted units?

The simplest way to class lock it is to make it share with an existing lock; I'd recommend the Eckesachs/King lock (Class Ability 3 0x8, Item Ability 2 0x20); you'd apply these to Pegs/Falcos and your custom Wing Spear weapon. This does mean that pegs could use it in the Trial maps if you unlock Zephiel, but who cares really.

As for the effectiveness pointer, just use the Rapier's. Although since the default Rapier effectiveness pointer misses out on Nomads/Troubs/Valkyries you may want to make a custom one anyway.

All right. How do I do that (the effectiveness pointer)? I would like to add that to rapier as well.

Something new, I actually created it over the watch staff (cause it literally doesn't exist) and there is no name. How do I edit the name/description? (Because it sure doesn't make closed areas visible :awesome: )

EDIT: I put class ability 3 to 0x08 for Pegasus knights. I gave the Weapon ability 2 for the item as 0x20. Yet it isn't working. Where did I mess up?

Edited by momogeek2141