What kind of history will have this game?

If you think about it, how it's gonna be the plot?, The only clue we have is that is in "modern" times by game devolopers in an interview, so, in the case i can imagine, is more probably that this game revolves in the SMT world, because every FE were been devoloped to focus on medieval times.

So the possibility of this is high, that, or a new complete world never seen before to match the game's plot, but i don't know, another thing that cross my mind are the characters, how can you relate every single FE character (If we suppose that the game will have other FE characters beside those who've appeared in the trailer), into his own world, let alone every single SMT character (Again, besides the characters shown in the trailer), I mean, to mix all of this into a single world seems rather problematic, at least in plot wise.

And what about the enemies?, who'll have the balls to challenge SMT and FE characters together, because if you take note in the games, Ike and Robin are devastating in FE, let alone the SMT who have Demifiend and Aleph, the most devastating characters in videogames ever (One defeated YHVH, and the other depending on choices, but to put it simple, he rules both the Heavens and Hell, and he killed God, Lucifer, Metatron,etc.)

I can't imagine who will be the final boss of this game, it should be someone really, really, reaaaaaallyyyyy, badass and awesome to attempt defeating those characters, together.

And i didn't mention the rest of the cast, while the human side in Fire Emblem is not Deity powerful, they can manage to fight well, especially with sacred weapons, the SMT side is OP, in plot wise and stat wise, not everyone in SMT is incredibly powerful, the main series are quite indeed, the spin-off series may have problems, but if they could manage to beat powerful demons, they can aswell fight in a good level.

I think that the plot would be something like this: In a distant world, when Lucina was using the dimension method to travel to the past, she fucked up this time by using the dimension portal, and somehow, she have mixed every timeline of her world, and leading all the people there into a new, never seen world. Meanwhile, the Demifiend was crushing enemies in the Amala Network that he crossed a weird portal dimension, he though that it could be interesting pass it, so he passed but as Lucina, he fucked up too and he brought with him all the characters of his timeline, then, he wakes and discover the faces of Flynn, Aleph and Futsuo (KK Complete Works name) together, if that wasn't weird enough, he discover aswell people who faces couldn't recognize, they were FE characters that were brought by the Dimension Portal, they read a letter send by an Unknown character that says: "You are in my power, now that you're all here, I'll lend you a splendid welcome with some of my strongest demon armies, I hope that you can suceed in your mission, if you live, muahahahaha", so everyone creates a group to make real one thing, defeating the unknown person who is trying to attack us, in their journey, they come across with many different characters of both SMT and FE, they will laugh, cry, rage, share, but they only try to escape of this world, and their only spot is by defeating this unknown, when they reach the castle of the "unknown", and defeat every single enemy before the main hall, when they enter, they were surprised, so surprised that someone faints by seeing that face, and the identity of that dreaded who was...

Well, my imagination is quite big, I would like to see at least one of the points that i created with this story, sounds like an Amateur Uncompleted Mini Fanfiction, but since the game will be something like that, but much bigger, or something different with some settings, I cannot wait how everything resolves.