FE6 Reverse Recruitment Low Turns

Stuff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the run's MVP?

2. 2. (tick multiple) "Dark horses" worth investing into / deploying whenever possible?

I honestly have no idea if waiting for Astohl/Noah and keeping their NPCs alive will end up saving turns or not. If you can clear the chapter in 2 turns then you'd lose 5 turns on waiting for them.

But losing at least one pair of boots [for the Hero Crest], a mounted Murgleis user, two mounted bow users and one promoted flyer could potentially end up costing more than 5 turns in the end. I'd honestly say it'd be better to wait in Ch.11 just because I think you'll lose turns in Ch.13, maybe Ch.17 and in pretty much everything from Ch.21x onward. Like, I think not having a mounted Murgleis user in Ch.24 alone can cost you turns. You'll basically have to use Wolt to do that and I doubt that you can do the same things with him than Dayan or Shin.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nw10t4.jpg

This is not cool at all. I tried going into Nighmare item modules but the Physic staff is actually nowhere to be found there for some reason. Halp

I'd bet you that it's just the range display that's broken and that the staff still uses the 1 ~ Mag/2 + 5 formula for determining range, the range byte in item data for staves only controls the range display. BTW the Physic staff is probably labeled as "Libro" in the FE6 Nightmare Modules - it should be just after Mend and Recover.

Yeah, the display really is off:

nc1mr4.jpg

Saul has 6 magic, so he has 8 physic range just as the picture suggests.

I reverted back to 'No range' as it was in the original ROM, and the display seems to have been fixed:

241ju9u.jpg

I don't think that's what it says in vanilla but it doesn't look glitchy anymore, and that's what I wanted to see.

So is there anything resembling a save editor in FE6? I'm pretty irritated that I lost 5 uses of the Light Brand due to having to mod the weapon properties (which also had the negative side effect of reducing the uses from 20/20 to 20/25), and the weapon IS (I respectfully disagree with Irysa here) really important for having Karel chip at bosses at two range, surviving encounters with dark magic users, critting/naturally one-rounding 1-2 rng users at pointblank distance and redirecting enemy fire unto other characters... This is a big list, and I am kinda missing out if the uses are as limited as they are.

I know I can just replay the last 5 chapters prior to opening the chest with the weapon, but they were highly complicated and involved operations that I can't guarantee I can replicate right any time.

So is there anything resembling a save editor in FE6? I'm pretty irritated that I lost 5 uses of the Light Brand due to having to mod the weapon properties (which also had the negative side effect of reducing the uses from 20/20 to 20/25), and the weapon IS (I respectfully disagree with Irysa here) really important for having Karel chip at bosses at two range, surviving encounters with dark magic users, critting/naturally one-rounding 1-2 rng users at pointblank distance and redirecting enemy fire unto other characters... This is a big list, and I am kinda missing out if the uses are as limited as they are.

I know I can just replay the last 5 chapters prior to opening the chest with the weapon, but they were highly complicated and involved operations that I can't guarantee I can replicate right any time.

Codebreaker preety sure

Open your game put Codebreaker code (I think its slot # character Slot # Item number 00##

Edited by Moishe Oofnik

Oh I never said it wasn't important. I just said that there's no need to worry about it running out, because it starts mattering less and less as the game goes on, since you end up skipping huge amounts of enemies as the game goes on. As such, you should use it as much as possible during the time period it matters.

Also, dont bother save editing, just memory edit.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/563015-fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi/faqs/35138

vba > cheats > view cheat list > codebreaker > put in the proper values for wherever the lightbrand is. Make sure you turn the code off after you've activated it, then just save.

Edited by Irysa

Huh, now that's much easier than I expected! Karel has 15 uses of Light Brand leftover after the edit. That's 50% than he would've had otherwise!

Also, warp ranges are way shorter on my run, so I can't skip much of the game at all. If I do cut a ton of turns thanks to multiple dancers, it just means my characters often have really intensive enemy phases, so FE6 HM actually feels like a different game because you can't rely on having multiple team members ganging on one enemy unit. This is why Hugh was so good in midgame. Actually, investing into Hugh longterm would make him no worse than Lugh with his HM bonuses, except with way less skill and probably a tiny bit less speed (but you wouldn't mind when it's already pretty damn high, doubling steel sword mercs and whatnot). Hugh's advantage over Lugh would be access to Forblaze immediately on promotion and better physical durability.

Oh fsr I thought Lugh was like Pent and had A staves for all your warpskipping needs. Lol nevermind, I guess you're right.

Edited by Irysa

Lugh starts with C staves so he's never getting Warp access. Ellen will have (roughly; she's got HM bonuses) 14 base mag, and she's a promoted Bishop (not sure if we have to pay her money to recruit her with the best stats...), Clarine will have 10 mag if instapromoted, and both of them gain more experience than other promoted classes. Clarine has way better tanking and doubling potential than Ellen, and better movement (except in the desert where Ellen doesn't exist yet). Clarine has E tomes however, and low magic, so she probably won't be one-rounding the enemies she doubles. If I want her to level up, I might have to feed her enemies others had previously weakened I suppose.

I don't think anyone is reaching S staves to use the Saint's Staff in the last chapters...

This is why I'm actually considering putting off Karel's promotion until he hits his unpromoted level cap / needs the 6-move to cut a turn - it couldn't hurt to make him even more durable with additional +hp/+lck/+def/+res level-ups, though as a Swordmaster his promoted level-ups should ram his low defence cap quite quickly. I think I'll really need more raw durability when healing isn't nearly as potent.

Erk... Chapter 12 looks far harder to 3-turn than I had imagined. So far I can't even open the door and bosskill on turn 3, whereas I intended I would not only seize but also recruit Saul with Percival by that turn.

I guess what I really need to do is stop doing things that net me good level-ups and instead do things that contribute to the main objective. As per usual lol.

Looking at the map and really thinking about that, there are quite a lot of objectives to be fulfilled. For example, I might have to forego self-improvement for the right party and focus solely on getting all the chests in that portion of the map with my units on turn 3 (if it's even possible to seize by then). And to think I was setting up kills for Miledy so scrupulously...

Getting rid of the Fog of War (i.e. setting the digit to 0 in Nightmare) seems to also remove the preparations menu and with it the ability to change units' pre-battle positions.

i am really late for this but i know that this sometimes happens. when you get rid of the fog of war, make sure that the module still says that prep menu is allowed.

I had to do chapter 9 with the fog in tact, but I'll keep this in mind for the future maps and hopefully it'll help. Thanks dondon.

Do you folks think having a Physic staff is absolutely essential for the midgame and lategame portions of the game? Right now it looks like I can't 3-turn chapter 12 while recruiting Saul, and the reason why I let the Physic house stay untouched all the way back in chapter 7 was because I thought Saul would bring one anyway (and because I really struggled with that map too).

I could always pay for the Physic staff in chapter 18 Sacae, I suppose... The shop is so close to where you start that anyone can visit it.

I had no such issues with modifying Chapter 9, but I'd wager this might be due to the fact I'm playing on an unmodified copy of the game.

As for physic, it's a buffer for reliability. It will undoubtedly make it easier in some situations to secure low turns, but I don't believe it's neccessary per se. The only way to be sure is to play it out, but given you do more arranging/engineering than outright rigging, I'd hazard a guess you'll likely miss it badly, and it will cost turns to not have one in PP Vulnerary/Elixir use.

I had no such issues with modifying Chapter 9, but I'd wager this might be due to the fact I'm playing on an unmodified copy of the game.

Dondon and Lord Raven are playing the vanilla version too (though I think Raven is playing the translation much like me?).

And your thoughts about the Physic staff pretty much mirror mine. The real solution to this problem that can't happen anymore is not being stupid in chapter 7 and visiting the Physic staff house, while 3-turning chapter 12 without Saul.

I think 4 turns is the best that can be done in Ch.12 because of how your party is split up.

A 3-turn isn't particularly hard (on paper at least) to achieve tbqh; no room for Saul's recruitment though. The party being split up isn't a huge problem because I can just put both the dancers into the same part of the army where Karel is fixed. Of course, a 3-turn would be far easier to achieve if I could put Karel in the right side (but I guess then I wouldn't have anyone to grab the chests since everyone would focus on pushing Karel and mounted units forward).

I'm playing the old patch where Shanna was Thany and shit like that

i like that patch alot, i even remember this one patch where someone adjusted the teirs of the fire emblem 6 characters that made the game easier... saddly i lost it a long time ago... and the person who gave it out doesnt have a link to it anymore. how unfortunate.

Dear lord, double dancers hurts my brain. Seeing them go from one side of the map to the other in order to start a gigantic Karel rescue chain is like some unholy abomination.

Edited by Irysa