FE6 Reverse Recruitment Low Turns

Stuff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the run's MVP?

2. 2. (tick multiple) "Dark horses" worth investing into / deploying whenever possible?

Dayan showed up at the end of Turn 2 right near the starting position and moved towards the center of the map. You can just leave someone behind to talk to Lance (his replacement)

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that but the trajectory of his movement was unclear. Does he do anything that could get him killed?

It looks like gaiden 20x Sacae requirement is to have all of the nomads (i.e. Elphin, Barth, Lance) alive. If Barth (Shin) doesn't die in chapter 9 but isn't recruited, can I still go there? He's such a slug that recruiting him, with Elphin of all people could be tough. At least Shin moves swiftly to your position in vanilla. I suppose Lalum and Elphin could always dance each other until Elphin can just talk to Barth.

Yeah, I saw that but the trajectory of his movement was unclear. Does he do anything that could get him killed?

Only if you haven't cleared the starting area out by the end of turn 2. Otherwise, the Neutral Phase occurs after Enemy Phase, so he can't be attacked by any of the long range threats on the map.

Elphin, Barth and Lance need to be alive to enter Sacae!20X, for Ilia!20X I think it's only Echidna and Alan. Noah and Sophia only affect the route split but not the gaiden chapter so Ilia might be a bit easier on you. Recruiting Barth with Elphin shouldn't be that much of a problem though. You can just have Lalum dance him over and over until he reaches Barth and recruits him, I'm pretty sure you can recruit Barth without even losing a turn.

And I'm pretty sure Sacae is faster in RR even without rigging level ups. Without Niime's warp range Ilia!20X will take a lot of turns.

Edit: Alan is also probably better than Lance in RR. I don't think Lance can even 2RKO Murdoch.

Edited by Yojinbo

Looking at chapter 8's map right now, and it appears that dancing Yuno and then having the dancers dance one another until they can dance Yuno again would be the way to really diminish the turn count in this chapter. However, Karel needs to be carried there, and Yuno is not so good at fighting the enemies alone without some good backup (usually it's Hugh who gets dropped in places and clears large crowds of foes in this run).

Most likely, I'll employ a much slower strategy than that, focus on training Karel so that he can try promoting and taking on the chapter's boss (he's at 5.30/0 or so right now) and maybe try to reduce the usual expected turn count (without a single dancer) by some 2-3 turns considering 2 dancers in the party at once right now is... well, a pretty big deal.

This is mostly theoryFEing though; can't wait to see how things will actually work out in practice and what turn count possibilities there will be.

I don't really see the issue here. Yuno, Dayan, Cecilia, Percival, Tate, Miledy and Zeiss can all rescue drop Karel around who picks up kills against mooks that have been weakened by Yuno. Chapter 8 is usually where Karel can start to pick up levels pretty easily because Yuno tends to leave Soldiers alive by like 1 HP which makes it easy for Karel to finish them off.

Edit: Shin also joins here. Keeping your ~3 foot units up with the rest shouldn't be a big deal.

Edited by Yojinbo

Wouldn't letting Echidna promote to a Hero (F) instead of a Warrior be sorta... illegal?

Comparing Fighter bases to Hero (F) bases, she would get exactly +2 hp / +1 str / +8 skl / +7 spd / +4 def / +3 res / -2 con (down to 6 con...). The absurd thing is that she would immediately have 24 skl/21 spd, which is way more than what vanilla Echidna had. 10 str is way less than the 13 strength she had originally though.

And I still probably want the first Hero's Crest to bolster Karel ASAP, I think.

The one problem with carrying forward ~3 foot units (Karel, both the dancers) is the fact that dancers dance to save turns. They could end up in some really uncomfortable positions for rescuing purposes.

You can just promote Karel with the 11L Hero Crest. If Karel gets enough level ups in Ch.8 he can kinda hold his own in 8x, 9 and 10 so you don't need to promote him for his own sake. It's just a question of how much easier you make Ch.8 by promoting him asap. Though Hero!Echidna would probably be good enough to take care of Leygance in one turn if she has an armorslayer, two dancers, Yuno and promoted Percival by her side to help her.

Oh right, Hero promotion gains actually give +1 Sword Rank don't they? Echidna WOULD be able to use the Armorslayer then if you allow her to be promoted to a Hero, huh.

I'm fairly sure the reason Echidna wasn't made into a mercenary (F) is because there's no animations for it or because paperblade is a lazy sod. I see no reason to not at least set Echidna's promotion to Hero. Maybe you'll want to lower her base stats to compensate but otherwise I think it's legit.

The chapter 11 Hero Crest is only obtained if you visit all the villages on the map. Just look at the map if you've forgotten what it looks like - with 2 dancers and 2 promoted fliers (Yuno and one of Zeiss/Miledy), I don't see how I wouldn't turn 2-turn the chapter. I might want to send another flier south to obtain an Orion's Bolt for Dayan / Shin, however.

Maybe, but then similar changes would need to be done to Zeiss, Percival, Ellen and many others. That's just levelwise. There are also weapon ranks not matching the replacement's original situation, and units in this mod also tend to bring some rather peculiar gear of their own (Marcus comes with a Tomahawk for example, but it happens so late it might as well not matter anymore).

I guess this'll just be the playthrough of this particular FE6 RR mod just as SDS / Paperblade / some other dude whose name got lost in the ocean of time made it.

...and after all, I can live without promoted Echidna in this run. She would have way more utility if she weren't a Fighter, that's for sure, but we're comparing that to her not existing at all (you have to wait for her way too long, especially on a run like this, which will get really speedy at some point).

I've uploaded chapter 4 (5 turns):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGeS2AyUpQ

I'm sure a 4-turn would be possible with some excessive rigging.

Since then, Miledy and Zeiss both had plenty of opportunities to grow, which I exploited without really favouring one over another, and I still don't know which of the two will be worthy of more investment. I guess they'll both be reliable enough.

Now, a big question... How on earth will I find enough money for Boots for all these mounts and dancers for endgame? I barely stick around for long enough due to this not being a full recruitment run. Hopefully, chapter 16 will allow me to finally open some nice chests and steal some nice items because having to recruit Ellen/Hugh and having Clarine travel all the way to Fae (as Miledy would travel to Zeiss) should take a pretty long time.

I do believe I 5-turned the map with Zeiss recruited on my ancient regular HM LTC run with, like, 2 Warps, but that was with a mag-rigged Saul. I can promote Saul on this run too, but he won't be very useful. There's also Clarine who will be able to Warp post-promo, but she can't Warp her own self where Fae is.

Speaking of which, just how viable is Fae when we look at those HM bonuses? Still pretty bad? I recall beamcrash used her a good bit in his hacked run.

Fa is still very slow and her mov sucks. I don't know why she replaces Zeiss to begin with. She should've replaced like Dieck or Ward or somebody. I think Merlinus being unaffected by the reversal and Fa being thrown into the mix randomly kinda ruins the consistency of the whole thing. IIRC that's what Horace meant as well.

Merlinus affected would be quite a nuisance, I think.

As for Fae, I think her being available during the earlygame would make her really shine in spite of that low movement. Maybe it's for the best considering how tanky she would be.

Though, she could be a reliable bosskiller...

He probably is. Still, considering he has to seize in every chapter, the advantages of having a Karel that can take a hit or fight back are very real. Honestly I'm surprised Espinosa hasn't "rigged" +2 speed on each level up (I use quotations because his growth is like 140, which is a decent amount less of rigging than other LTC runs)