Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my serious answer is that he is a villian from a Mario sub series.

Actually, Super Mario Bros. is a spin-off the DK series. Also, the DK series is treated as it's own series in Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong makes sense as he has appeared in Mario games before and serves as donkey kongs main partner.

K.Rool has appeared in a Mario game before, namely Mario Super Sluggers.

Dixie Kong is also the protagonist partners partner from a sub series or different branch of Mario.

So? Why do we always have to have the protagonists playable? Why can't we have some more playable villains?

Actually, Super Mario Bros. is a spin-off the DK series. Also, the DK series is treated as it's own series in Smash Bros.

K.Rool has appeared in a Mario game before, namely Mario Super Sluggers.

So? Why do we always have to have the protagonists playable? Why can't we have some more playable villains?

Diddy Kong has had more appearances than K rool. Donkey Kong (arcade) was jumpmans/Marios game, not donkey kongs. The legend of Zelda is about Link, like how arcade donkey kong was about mario and his pauline and not monkey dk. I realize king k rool has appeared in sluggers, so did other DK country characters.

I just see adding King K Rool like adding Baby Bowser from Yoshi series or Captain Syrup from Wario Land.

Imo K Rool is not a legit villian like Dedede and Bowser, but that won't stop voters.

Imo K Rool is not a legit villian like Dedede and Bowser

How the hell is King Dedede a "legit villain" but K. Rool isn't? Especially, since in some Kirby games, King Dedede helps Kirby rather than act against him.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yeah, I've only played two Kirby games, and I know Dedede helps Kirby at times... Because he helped in the 64 game. What was that one called...? The Crystal Shards, I think. I need to pick that back up, it was kinda fun.

Although, Bowser has helped Mario too... *cough*Super Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario*cough*

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I've only played two Kirby games, and I know Dedede helps Kirby at times... Because he helped in the 64 game. What was that one called...? The Crystal Shards, I think. I need to pick that back up, it was kinda fun.

Although, Bowser has helped Mario too... *cough*Super Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario*cough*

Don't forget his accidental help granted upon the Mario Bros. in M&LRPG3.

Of course, that was because he swallowed them in said game.

...How they survived (and everyone else for that matter) is beyond me. Mario Logic

Also inb4 Fawful gets a lot of votes.

How the hell is King Dedede a "legit villain" but K. Rool isn't? Especially, since in some Kirby games, King Dedede helps Kirby rather than act against him.

I meant main series, I am not judging them based off of how bad they or their acts are. When characters from one series get their own series like Donkey Kong and Yoshi I don't think adding the villians from that series is a good idea, especially if that said character hasn't appeared in a game for a while (Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze). Retro characters get a pass because then they wouldn't be retro. All good villians, but I just see it as more of Mario's friends, especially since Mario is the only reason they exist.

Here is where I exit this intense debate. I shall take the loss. I admit that being humanoid animals makes me very much dislike them, but that's not a very good reason so I didn't use it. I give up, you win.

The Donkey Kong series split from the Mario series so long ago that I don't really consider them the same series anymore (also, if you want to get technical about it, it was Mario that spun off from Donkey Kong in 1983 with the release of the Mario Bros. arcade game) even though Donkey Kong still appears in Mario Kart/Party/Sports games. Yoshi still regularly appears in mainline Mario games and has only had a few games that didn't feature Mario in some form, so pretty much the only reason Yoshi gets his own series icon in Smash is due to being grandfathered in by having his own icon in Smash 64 (maybe Sakurai thought back then that the Yoshi series being more separate from Mario in the future). Wario is also pretty much his own thing now, too, although his origin as a counterpart of Mario with a similar appearance and name make it harder for many people to view his games as anything but Mario spinoffs.

So, K. Rool totally deserves inclusion (and so does Dixie Kong. Yes, I do absolutely think we should get both as DLC characters. Though I still stand by Isaac as my #1 priority).

The Donkey Kong series split from the Mario series so long ago that I don't really consider them the same series anymore (also, if you want to get technical about it, it was Mario that spun off from Donkey Kong in 1983 with the release of the Mario Bros. arcade game) even though Donkey Kong still appears in Mario Kart/Party/Sports games. Yoshi still regularly appears in mainline Mario games and has only had a few games that didn't feature Mario in some form, so pretty much the only reason Yoshi gets his own series icon in Smash is due to being grandfathered in by having his own icon in Smash 64 (maybe Sakurai thought back then that the Yoshi series being more separate from Mario in the future). Wario is also pretty much his own thing now, too, although his origin as a counterpart of Mario with a similar appearance and name make it harder for many people to view his games as anything but Mario spinoffs.

So, K. Rool totally deserves inclusion (and so does Dixie Kong. Yes, I do absolutely think we should get both as DLC characters. Though I still stand by Isaac as my #1 priority).

I give up on giving up. I forgot to mention that I do recognize that they are there own series now, it's just that I was referring to their origins.

Donkey Kong on arcade was more about Mario than Donkey Kong. All he has going for him in that game is the title, the game is Mario's though. It was just named after the antagonist.

I sooner consider the original Donkey Kong to be the first Mario and Donkey Kong game, from which they both split off to their own, than either one as a spin-off of the other. If one were a spin-off, though, it would be DK, for the reasons Rabbattack stated.

I sooner consider the original Donkey Kong to be the first Mario and Donkey Kong game, from which they both split off to their own, than either one as a spin-off of the other. If one were a spin-off, though, it would be DK, for the reasons Rabbattack stated.

You solved the puzzle, I completely forgot about the Mario and Donkey Kong games.

Overall, I think the direct was pretty great.

More FE: If info (2016 release is a lot later than I was hoping but hopefully it'll be really early 2016)

Amiibo waves 5 and 6 announced. (Finally going to be able to get Palutena and ZSS.. in June and September, respectively)

Mario Kart 8 DLC releasing earlier than expected. (And an unexpected speed boost with 200cc, which should be fun)

Mewtwo coming this month! And a character voting poll. Let the chaos begin! (In regards to the poll, is there a way to see who's voted for whom, or do you just vote?)

SMT X FE is not dead. (Looks.. interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet.)

For me, I think the only thing missing was new info for Xenoblade Chronicles X. (Which I really hope doesn't get pushed back into 2016)

I think another thing we should all keep in mind when suggesting a character is if they'd not only be fun, but provide a unique playstyle AND if they can rep a severely under represented franchise...

Roy, Pichu, Young Link, and Dixie Kong are all bad choices because they hail from over repped franchises(with the exclusion of Dixie), and would most certainly be lame clone characters with slight changes at worst.

K.Rool, Isaac, Ashley, and(if a third party can be put in again) Tails/Knuckles are the best fits for future DLC characters. With Ice Climbers being possible if they can figure out how to make them work on 3ds(though DHD has replaced them as the old school rep).

I voted for Isaac, but my heart yearns for Delibird to be a DLC character, despite there being so many pokemon already...

Voted for Simon Belmont, cause I have dreams. I suspect it will either be K. Rool or Isaac actually though... :(

I mainly want Belmont just for the possibility of new Castlevania mixes in Smash.

Roy, Pichu, Young Link, and Dixie Kong are all bad choices because they hail from over repped franchises(with the exclusion of Dixie), and would most certainly be lame clone characters with slight changes at worst.

There is absolutely no reason Dixie Kong would need to be a clone.

Well, I feel late with this. Just watched the Direct and adkjdsafhkjdsvhknfdvd~

[spoiler='Direct Reactions]

MEWTWOOOO!!! ASJGDHDGHSAK!

>Update v.1.0.6

>Tweaked character balancing

Whelp, say goodbye to God Tier, Diddy. Nice knowing ya.

Anyone remember this scene from Subspace Emissary?

tumblr_nm5qldPV5g1t1t3koo1_540.jpg

LwgJXRn.png

HOLY HELL IM CRYING! AAAAAAAGGH~

GANON AND JIGGLYPUFF AMIIBOS YAAAA! (I'd totally buy Mewtwo, Lucas, and Yarn Yoshi amiibos too)

QSsVp6R.png

...what's this? SMTxFE isn't cancelled? Modern AU confirmed wat. (Yes, that definitely says Tiki.)
20124ph.png

CAEDA IS THAT YOU?

pYt6Rlb.png

Whoa, totally was not expecting this.

sI78sA5.png

What's this? Enemies with Pair Up? YES! SOMETHING WAS DONE RIGHT!

KAMUI'S A DRAGON! I TOTALLY CALLED IT! (Actually I'm pretty sure someone else already has.)

Wait, is having bare feet in your design supposed to mean something?

What's this? Dual versions just like Pokemon with a third scenario in development? Are two separate paths considered too large for one cartridge?

As for the character voting, I personally don't mind who gets in. I'm very sure characters who are currently Assist Trophies have pretty much no chance of getting a spot. (That wouldn't count Isaac since he isn't an Assist Trophy anymore)

tbh I really don't get why people want King K.Rool. Can someone explain?

There is absolutely no reason Dixie Kong would need to be a clone.

This. Dixie has some unique abilities of her own. Like helicopter hair. I know this and I haven't even actually played a game with her in it aside from that DK Bongo game for Wii. I totally would play the newer DCK games, but from what I've heard and read, they're really hard. >_<

Voted for Simon Belmont, cause I have dreams. I suspect it will either be K. Rool or Isaac actually though... :(

I mainly want Belmont just for the possibility of new Castlevania mixes in Smash.

YES! What this guy said. Castlevania is alot like Megaman got its start on NES and SNES 3 of those 4 games have Simon and they were the first Castlevania games after all.