Pillars of Eternity

Thunderfox

Just wanted to see if there were any other PoE backers/fans on here other than me. I've been playing tons of it over the last week its been out, and think i've almost completely my first playthrough. I've enjoyed it, the writing is really good, as to be expected from Chris Avellone and Obsidian. The Gameplay is great, the Art is an older style but still fine. I think it's worth all that money it raised.

The story is so-so. The graphics is beautiful, only a fool can dis this game's graphics. The gameplay is bland and dumped down a lot. The music is great. Not a bad game, just not good enough, I give it 7/10. Not gonna play it again until it has more DLC (pff, nowadays games cant be played at all without dlc, since when it has come to this?) since all of the classes, races and builds are so limited, not to mention bugs and glitches.

It's the Beyond Earth of the Civ series.

Edited by Magical Amber

Gonna have to recover my kickstarter password to get at the fuckin $200 backer crap I spent on this, I think...

• 3 weeks later...

Got the game a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. The only criticisms I have so far are that the AI pathfinding isn't great, and I'd have liked a bit more voice acting.

Having chosen a paladin for my avatar, I really like that my passive buffs change depending on how much my actions align with my order. Thought that was a really nice touch.