SMT x FE lives; Nintendo Direct trailer

Yeah, I don't like how this looks at all. After looking at the trailer a second time, I DID spot Tiki (I initially thought no FE characters were shown), but other than that, I didn't recognize anyone there at all. It also looks way too cheesy for my liking.

Although, if Ike is shown in a later trailer and he looks awesome (NOTHING LIKE HIS AWAKENING ART, PLEASE), I may reconsider getting this...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of relieved tbh. The original promo art was borderline trash, but thankfully this reorientation came to the rescue. Frankly, if FE was redrawn in the fashion of SMT I'd be pretty irked. That artistic style appeals only to a few.

Atlus really jumped the shark on this

I think it's undeniable that's Tiki @49 and I'm going to place my money on the redheaded lad is Roy

I theorize the blue haired man is our Marth and the girl on the Pegasus is our Cadea

I think this profile pick represents what all of our faces looked like during the trailer

also does anybody have an idea who Flynn might be, because I'm scared to see what he looks like

Edited by Captain Karnage

I'm kind of relieved tbh. The original promo art was borderline trash, but thankfully this reorientation came to the rescue. Frankly, if FE was redrawn in the fashion of SMT I'd be pretty irked. That artistic style appeals only to a few.

But redrawing Fire Emblem in the fashion of Persona is fine?

I think it's undeniable that's Tiki @49 and I'm going to place my money on the redheaded lad is Roy

I theorize the blue haired man is our Marth and the girl on the Pegasus is our Cadea

I think this profile pick represents what all of our faces looked like during the trailer

Not mine, I loved it!

I guess it appeals to more people..? Though I don't see how that's a quality when compared to Kaneko's polished designs

The original SMT x FE promo simply used existing art, it's no wonder Fersona looks completely different.

I don't really get the overwhelming backlash this is receiving.

I was expected two hardcore RPG franchises colliding with some crazy shit and demons.

I got Persona with minor FE references.

I think I have reason to be mad.

The original SMT x FE promo simply used existing art, it's no wonder Fersona looks completely different.

It used existing art of the mainline SMT games. No Persona protagonists in sight. Obviously there was a major shift in direction at some point in development.

I was expected two hardcore RPG franchises colliding with some crazy shit and demons.

I got Persona with minor FE references.

I think I have reason to be mad.

Except you're basing all of this on a 2 minute trailer that barely focuses on an image long enough to even get whats going on.

This is just SMT vs Persona people spouting their nonsense imo.

You know is this a day 1 purchase for me no. Will I pick it up later definitely. If nothing else I've never played SMT, Persona, or really any other JRPG (except maybe chrono trigger if that counts) so I'm genuinely curious and don't know what to expect. I was pretty surprised by the trailer but I'll at least give it a chance before I rag on it.

Except you're basing all of this on a 2 minute trailer that barely focuses on an image long enough to even get whats going on.

Oh please. You can get a general vibe/tone of what the game is aiming for from the trailer. No one is saying the game is guaranteed to suck or anything, but people are allowed to have impressions.

Oh please. You can get a general vibe/tone of what the game is aiming for from the trailer. No one is saying the game is guaranteed to suck or anything, but people are allowed to have impressions.

The problem isn't the impressions, it's the expectations people went in with despite the game having a 2 year old barebones announcement and reports of internal project restarts.

The problem isn't the impressions, it's the expectations people went in with despite the game having a 2 year old barebones announcement and reports of internal project restarts.

It's impossible not to have a certain level of expectations if you've played both SMT and FE games, and then you're told those games are crossing over. Especially since the old promo was using art from those games. Expecting people to pretend this has nothing to do with games from either series that affect their expectations is unrealistic.

Edited by Radiant head

It's impossible not to have a certain level of expectations if you've played both SMT and FE games, and then you're told those games are crossing over. Especially since the old promo was using art from those games. Expecting people to pretend this has nothing to do with games from either series that affect their expectations is unrealistic.

The old promo looked like it was made by a 12 year old. I didn't put much stock in it.

The game obviously has SMT elements (even for those people who could give us an academic discussion on how Persona is not part of SMT).

Hello, i found this topic while looking for what people around the net found about the game. I know i only made an account few minutes ago but i would like to say my opinion.

I don't know if there are many mainline SMT fans here. I see some people are (unsurprisingly) negative about the trailer.

Personally i was angry when i found out the game changed completely. I was starting some rant topics in other forums too, but then a friend told me they changed the game's name. Now it's called Genei Ibunroku♯FE

Of course, the title change isn't surprising but i think these words have a meaning. Atlus is known to put that "tag" when they make a new spinoff game. Thus Devil Survivor and Persona spinoffs had "Ibunroku" in their first jap titles.

I believe this game isn't a "crossover" anymore. It's a new SMT spinoff with fire emblems guests. I know the first trailer is completely different but i think it's kinda obvious they changed their minds. I guess they simply gave up on the mainline characters and focused in a more Persona approach.

Interest literally negative now. Fire Emblem themed Persona is a complete smack in the face after the first trailer had all the SMT mainline series characters and shit in it.

Kindly REREAD THE ENTIRE TOPIC before making such statements.

Oh yeah, redhead isn't Roy.

He has Red eyes, Roy's (and Eliwood's) are blue

PEFtJjb.png?1

The hair reminds me of the new guy in FEif.

It's Fire Emblem Awakening X Persona

Epic troll by Atlus.

This guy gets it. I'm laughing my ass off, because this is exactly what I'd expect from Atlus. I'm positive this game is going to be glorious.

(whether the word "trainwreck" follows is another story)

EDIT: Hi Gangrel, nice to see that you're in the game.

Edited by eclipse

Time to pop out of nowhere for this.

No one was expecting SMT x FE to be like this, and that's why I'm interested. Atlus is all about making seemingly out-there concepts work. This is one of those concepts. Some expected Fire Emblem with Shin Megami Tensei elements, others expected Shin Megami Tensei with Fire Emblem characters. Judging by the trailer, it seems like at Atlus is going down a different road entirely and defy people's expectations. Atlus has given very little reason for me to doubt them, so I'm remaining optimistic for it.

Just let Atlus be Atlus, as that's resulted in them making awesome games. Here's to hoping SMT x FE is good!