1. 1. Choose your imouto.

• Nohr imouto
    • Hoshido imouto

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second the little sisters showed up was when I realized just how heavy your decision is going to weigh down on you. Best way to make the player feel guilty: give them adorable little siblings no matter what side. And they can't choose both.

If the Western imouto were truly my imouto, she'd follow me regardless of my choices (like the dancer appears to). And since I don't "know" her anyway, she's no imouto of mine!

I dislike how Nohr is shown to be the less moral decision, with the peace Japanese culture and the much more dark Nohr.

Team MARX.

Plus Lord Kamui.

Oh well. We might as well join the "White Imperialist Capitalist Pig Dogs" they seem much more badass than the Peaceloving Hoshidan.

If the Western imouto were truly my imouto, she'd follow me regardless of my choices (like the dancer appears to). And since I don't "know" her anyway, she's no imouto of mine!

Except we all know the game is going to make sure you get to know them as characters. Which is going to hit the player HARD.

I meant in terms of lore. The Nohr imouto is one you've known, presumably, her entire life. The Hoshido imouto you likely just met for the first time at the start of the game.

Not a big fan of twintails (especially not with those ridiculous drills...) so I'm going with the Hoshido.

Who knows, this choice between imoutos may even end up influencing which copy of the game I buy if they really decide to sell the localised copies seperately.

Edited by sofutoppai

Hoshido is seeming to be a great choice for me but the only thing is that I've already been waifublocked by having sisters at all, dammit... Still, I like the idea of becoming a traitor and killing everyone I grew up with. It seems interesting and if Kamui actually does kill them, then it creates a bit of a dynamic which is always appreciated. Heheheh.... Twintails, here I come.

Edited by DualMix

Exactly, this isn't choosing Light Side vs Dark Side, Paragon vs Renegade, or Law vs Chaos, this is you choosing between family. That's some heavy stuff. And I guarantee this is what's going to happen: the first few chapters will be you playing your character on both sides, getting to know both factions and all members of your family who will no doubt be shown as sympathetic and affectionate towards the player. And then you have to choose who is going to be left behind. If they pull this off this will be a real heart-wrenching decision. The sisters are the best encapsulation of that because they're both clearly sweet girls who love the main character. But one of them is going to have their heart broken

and then the rejected one sprouts wings and becomes the final boss

I'll probably pick Nohr if I get the game, but that's more because of the setting than bubbly little sister.

and then the rejected one sprouts wings and becomes the final boss

Has to become a dragon to qualify as final boss material.

The drill hair starts to rotate, causing levitation and sporadic fire breathing.

Edited by Bloo

I have a giant weakness for pink-haired characters...argh! I really want to do the Nohr route, but if both Felicia and the imouto are on Hoshido, then I'm going to be stuck on the chapter that determines your route forever lol

The fact that Nintendo intends to make me choose between adorable little sisters IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT DAMMIT.

I have to see a bit more of their personalities but adorable bubbly blonde sister is pushing in the lead currently.

I am curious if they'll change the voiced dialogue to onee-chan for female players though, or just like cut it out because laziness. I'd probably die of cuteness overload in the first case and set IS on fire in the second.

DON'T GIVE ME DECISIONS NINTENDO BAD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE DO

Ah ! Foolishess. You are all just too WEAK ! You don't even have the willpower or the strength to take BOTH of them ! >:D

That what I'll do.

With a preference for Nohr's one.

More seriously, I dunno why I should care the red haired for one sec, just like all of Hoshido's characters (with one or two exceptions), she just seems pretty bland for me.

No matter, it doesn't matter, Camilla onee-sama is my waifu. :p If she is not onee by blood, no matter, she have a Onee-sama feels all over her. And even if she was my sister. LOL,, incest => Wincest yadayada.

Or I'll take all of them anyways, harem path is the best path.

Edited by B.Leu

I personally believe that Camilla isn't your relative (well, duh, but I'm sure you know what I mean). I think she's a woman who isn't necessarily a royal that was chosen (probably by Garon) to be Kamui's wife or something. The choice of her was more than likely linked to her appearance, but I don't doubt that she actually does care for Kamui, as she does look distressed in the trailer cutscene where you're forced to make your choice. Her parallel in Hoshido would be Hinoka, who I don't think is directly related to the royal family either (she definitely gives off more of a soldier vibe), whom you were probably arranged to marry when you were both young. Then the presumed kidnapping incident occurs, which would leave Hinoka distraught. When at last you return years later, she's in tears like we see in the trailer.

So we may not just be combating an imouto dilemma, but a waifu dilemma as well. If I hadn't already opted to buy both versions, I would be incredibly torn about all of this.

...Of course, this all wouldn't make a ton of sense with fem!Kamui, but I would imagine it'd be a script difference between the two of them.

I personally believe that Camilla isn't your relative (well, duh, but I'm sure you know what I mean). I think she's a woman who isn't necessarily a royal that was chosen (probably by Garon) to be Kamui's wife or something. The choice of her was more than likely linked to her appearance, but I don't doubt that she actually does care for Kamui, as she does look distressed in the trailer cutscene where you're forced to make your choice. Her parallel in Hoshido would be Hinoka, who I don't think is directly related to the royal family either (she definitely gives off more of a soldier vibe), whom you were probably arranged to marry when you were both young. Then the presumed kidnapping incident occurs, which would leave Hinoka distraught. When at last you return years later, she's in tears like we see in the trailer.

So we may not just be combating an imouto dilemma, but a waifu dilemma as well. If I hadn't already opted to buy both versions, I would be incredibly torn about all of this.

...Of course, this all wouldn't make a ton of sense with fem!Kamui, but I would imagine it'd be a script difference between the two of them.

You, my friend, have given me hope. I hope you're right about Hinoka cause that'd be great. Praise be unto you for looking into this, and a thousand blessings unto everything you do.

Okay, besides the silly stuff I really hope that this is the case cause I need Hinoka in my life. Well, not really but yeah. Maybe if you're female Kamui, you get the Archer(guy who pointed his bow at you(maybe)) or the Dark Knight(Guy with the glowing orb in his hand a.k.a. Rasengan) instead, depending on which version you choose.

Edited by DualMix

I don't even know what "imouto" is supposed to mean. Urban Dictionary says "little sister".. hm.

If it's for whatever reason a character poll already, I don't see any way to judge exept by the exterior.

We'll talk again once we saw some character developement and decided whether or not the unit is annoying or not and of any use in battle.

Sorry, but they appear in the "brothers and sisters" part in the Japanese trailer : P

They could still be adopted or something, I guess, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The fact that Nintendo intends to make me choose between adorable little sisters IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT DAMMIT.

I have to see a bit more of their personalities but adorable bubbly blonde sister is pushing in the lead currently.

I am curious if they'll change the voiced dialogue to onee-chan for female players though, or just like cut it out because laziness. I'd probably die of cuteness overload in the first case and set IS on fire in the second.

DON'T GIVE ME DECISIONS NINTENDO BAD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE DO

Which is why it's so brilliant. The dilemma isn't really about which faction you choose, it's about which of your families. Both families genuinely love Kamui regardless of the circumstances of their birth/upbringing and just want them to continue being a part of their family. So no matter what you do someone is going to get hurt. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we're forced to kill our siblings on the opposite side...and it's probably going to be the little sister in order to land another emotional sucker punch.

Sorry, but they appear in the "brothers and sisters" part in the Japanese trailer : P

They could still be adopted or something, I guess, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sheesh, I was fanboying over what Ambulz said, then you had to say that. ! xD

Brothers and sisters ? I know that japanese fiction always try to push japanese ideals into non-japanese things, but still, that's pushing it.

Or maybe it's just brothers and sisters, as in, your comrades in arms, or something ?

That is true since when it shows the part where the two sides are standing on opposites sides of you, it says "Do your ties lie with your family" or something like that and it does look like Hinoka is your sister when she's crying into your chest but I dunno. What about the other two, the Dark Knight(I think) and the Archer? They don't seem to be related to you but they also seem important to you nevertheless. It's most likely for personal interpretation, in which case I will believe that Hinoka is still my waifu.