April 2015 Nintendo Direct hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the first thing I picked were the names from Shadow Stalker X's extended trailer...

It's pretty like the others has said, with the exception that the purple-haired Mage-looking Nohr Woman is more likely to be called Camilla and purple-haired Mage-looking Hoshido Woman is actually spelled Orochi.

Edited by AstraSage

HOOOO BOY NINJA THIEVES

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Yeah! And that manakete looks awesome too! I prefer that kind of dragon design over the ones from Awakening.

Also, the two faction names...which is west and which is east?

Edited by Dragoncat

Hoshido is the eastern kingdom; aka White Night in Japan.

Nohr is the western kingdom; aka Dark Night in Japan.

I am struggling not to write "knight" all the time...

EDIT

The two or even three version stuff is confusing. Direct confirmation when?

It's in the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

Edited by VincentASM

Something not seen was the huge Mouth of Truth stone monster from the first trailer.

Final boss please. Much better than endless dragons.

It's in the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

I know it's there, t's more about there being no indication of a split in the NA/EU direct. So... do we only get one game or also 2 and a DLC Episode as download?

Hmmm, maybe the Mouth of Truth will be like a giant rampaging enemy we have to avoid for a few chapter until we get to kick it's butt Grima style.

I quite like the idea of while the war is going on, MoT is just bumbling across the land killing many things, and the sides blame each other for it, and whichever path you take you end up fighting it at some point.

Thoughts:

• This is already shaping up to be a vast improvement over Awakening. The story in Awakening was a little... meh, so to speak. But this seems legit.
  • The dilemma of choosing between bloodline vs. adopted family is an interesting one indeed.
  • From what I could see in the trailer, this will be in the same vein as FE8 route split except the routes will change the whole course of the story, rather than re-converging towards the end. I like that a lot. FE8 isn't my favorite game, but I've probably played it at least 3 to 4 times because of the route split.
  • The dancer lady seems to be present in both routes, judging by the two separate pieces of attire she is shown wearing (black vs. white). So it'll be interesting to see what her role ends up being. Kinda looks like Ninian to be honest. Just a tad though.
  • The purple hair chick is flowing with fanservice.

I'm amazed that we still don't know the name of the dancer yet. Nor is her role in the story. :P

It's probably major spoilars.

Or it will turn out that SHE WAS THE VILLAIN THE ENTIRE TIME!

Also, is it just me or did I hear Noriaki Sugiyama in there as the voice for M!Kamui?

The adopted vs. bloodline thing is kinda interesting. Hoping that Kamui has more connection to their blood relatives than just blood though.

Although, looking at the two families and factions, I can't help but feel that the western one is the evil side and the eastern one is the good side...maybe that's just me.

Off topic, purple hair chick already has rule 34.

You don't say.

OK, I was pretty excited just seeing it once, but the more I watch and reading stuff you guys have found, I'm getting a really good feeling. This looks like it's taking the series in a totally fresh direction... Interesting concept for the story and it seems like there's a lot of new gameplay features.

Not a huge fan of the Kamuis being avatars but whatever.

That's pretty wild that it's coming in three versions... I kind of hope they don't try to pull that shit here. I get the feeling Western audiences wouldn't be as willing to pay so much for what really should be one package.

And damn... 2016... :(

Yes, this won't be a single game.

It's going to be Pokémon like.

"RPG Site ‏@RPGSite 8 minutes ago

Japan will get two different versions of Fire Emblem if, (different paths) NA will get one with the other as DLC. "

You'll be able to buy either Pok... Fire Emblem Nohr or Hoshido.

They're going to explode their sells.

They're devils. XD

WAIT ! But that's illogical ! How could that be since they just bet the most of the trailer's effect on the fact that YOU'LL be able to choice ?

Doing such a system would not allow the player to choice and force him to follow the clan he bought the game of. THIS MAKES NONSENSE URHGHHH

Edited by Finn

Surprised more people aren't venting about the return of bizarre character designs and questionably-dressed women.

Granted, Kozaku was brought back on-board and the earlier trailer introduced literal maids, but I was holding out hope for a more palatable art direction akin to what we got in Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn. I'll probably struggle to take this conflict seriously.