April 2015 Nintendo Direct hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised more people aren't venting about the return of bizarre character designs and questionably-dressed women.

Granted, Kozaku was brought back on-board and the earlier trailer introduced literal maids, but I was holding out hope for a more palatable art direction akin to what we got in Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn. I'll probably struggle to take this conflict seriously.

I like the art style. Besides 1 character, hardly any of the female characters are dressed "questionably". Even then why would that matter?

Surprised more people aren't venting about the return of bizarre character designs and questionably-dressed women.

Granted, Kozaku was brought back on-board and the earlier trailer introduced literal maids, but I was holding out hope for a more palatable art direction akin to what we got in Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn. I'll probably struggle to take this conflict seriously.

Ehh I don't really like some of the designs, and lady Kamui's art is ridiculous, but I've just accepted this is gonna be the norm for this generation of FE. I can excuse busty evil babe because it's not like FE hasn't done that before (see: Sonia). As long as it fits the character then whatever.

I'm currently in the process of making a new character sheet, this time with only romaji and only confirmed names!

Yo dudes, all is made clear in Japanese gaming journalism: http://www.4gamer.net/games/287/G028791/20150402006/

- You can buy either of the two versions in physical form from a store for 4700 yen (about $39) (before tax)

- You can also buy a digital version for 4700 yen in which you make the choice in the game. Since it's the same price I assume it locks you into the version you choose.

- You can then buy a DLC for 1852 yen (about $15) to play the other story.

- There's also a massive DLC in the works for a "Third Path", also priced at 1852 yen.

- There's also a limited edition bundle which includes both versions, the third path, and goodies, for 9250 yen (about $77).

Yo dudes, all is made clear in Japanese gaming journalism: http://www.4gamer.net/games/287/G028791/20150402006/

- You can buy either of the two versions in physical form from a store for 4700 yen (about $39) (before tax)

- You can also buy a digital version for 4700 yen in which you make the choice in the game. Since it's the same price I assume it locks you into the version you choose.

- You can then buy a DLC for 1852 yen (about $15) to play the other story.

- There's also a massive DLC in the works for a "Third Path", also priced at 1852 yen.

- There's also a limited edition bundle which includes both versions, the third path, and goodies, for 9250 yen (about $77).

That is actually ridiculous. I suppose it's basically like paying for Awakening+DLC but still... It feels dirty. At least with Pokémon the only differences between versions are minimal and you don't have to own both to make up for it since you can just trade version exclusive Pokémon with friends. This is splitting up what should be one game into three parts for no good reason.

Can anyone make out the character that transforms into a dragon during the trailer? Looked like Kamui but I can't get my computer to pause fast enough.

Also Q_Q I totally husbando'd male!Kamui and he's an Avatar...

That is actually ridiculous. I suppose it's basically like paying for Awakening+DLC but still... It feels dirty. At least with Pokémon the only differences between versions are minimal and you don't have to own both to make up for it since you can just trade version exclusive Pokémon with friends. This is splitting up what should be one game into three parts for no good reason.

There is a good reason.

The good reason is to line Nintendo's pockets.

This is how they counteract initially poor Wii U sales - plastic toys, DLC and splitting games up. It's like the film industry splitting movie tie ins of poluar books into separate films to maximse revenue.

Tsk. And not a single stat screen is shown during the trailer.
I don't care about them cutscenes, I wanna see if the hit/avoid/crit calcs have changed!
Get lost Dancer Lady! I rather gaze at the Iron Sword's stats.

Hmph. At least the monster dude was cute cool.

Tsk. And not a single stat screen is shown during the trailer.

I don't care about them cutscenes, I wanna see if the hit/avoid/crit calcs have changed!

Get lost Dancer Lady! I rather gaze at the Iron Sword's stats.

Hmph. At least the monster dude was cute cool.

I wanna stare at Marx's face, but NOOO, it's all Lancer Lady.

But yeah, I'd be interested in the statistics or skills, as well. Or maybe new class info.

this is gonna be fucking sweet ass sweet, if only it didnt focus on an avatar again but hey this looks like a big improvement comapred to awakening.

(plse dont do pokemon style multiple copies fire emblem IS, please)

Here's the chart that I mentioned.

Also, any characters who are just map sprites may actually be the same as some other characters. For example, I'm not positive what Sakura looks like on the map.

Tell me if I've missed anything!

Chart moved here because reasons.

Edited by Aethin

I cri for the fact that gonna be two versions of the game instead of one that let u play both side using different save files (Now this is worse thinking which one choose compared to select a version of pokemon lol)..... well maybe is alot content for let both be on the same cadridge (or they no know how to winrar the stuff lol)

Can anyone make out the character that transforms into a dragon during the trailer? Looked like Kamui but I can't get my computer to pause fast enough.

Also Q_Q I totally husbando'd male!Kamui and he's an Avatar...

It's Kamui they are confirmed to transform.

With regard to splitting the game up, I could rant for 30 minutes about how abusive a practice that is, and why it's a bad idea from a monetary perspective in the long run because it tarnishes your image. However, i STRONGLY suspect that they are not going that way in the united states, for a few reasins. Firstly, they would have mentioned the fact in the american direct. Secondly, nintendo has been known to remove questionable dlc in american releases before. When they localised bravely default, some items and alternate costumes that were only avalible with the purchase of other products (also a very scammy practice) were made available in game (and yes, it was actually a nintendo team who did the localization on that one). They probably figured that they can get away with it fine in japan, but not in the united states or europe. "scammy dlc" might be hated a lot less in japan. (although i wouldn't know.)

Edited by sirmola

With regard to splitting the game up, I could rant for 30 minutes about how abusive a practice that is, and why it's a bad idea from a monetary perspective in the long run because it tarnishes your image. However, i STRONGLY suspect that they are not going that way in the united states, for a few reasins. Firstly, they would have mentioned the fact in the american direct. Secondly, nintendo has been known to remove questionable dlc in american releases before. When they localised bravely default, some items and alternate costumes that were only avalible with the purchase of other products (also a very scammy practice) were made available in game (and yes, it was actually a nintendo team who did the localization on that one). They probably figured that they can get away with it fine in japan, but not in the united states or europe. "scammy dlc" might be hated a lot less in japan. (although i wouldn't know.)

Entirely possible. We have a tradition here of having major story-altering choices in games as just, well, part of the game.

It's Kamui they are confirmed to transform.

Source please?

I actually wouldn't mind split games it if each game cost, maybe, $30 or less. Especially if each game case had some cool stuff in them, though that seems unlikely to me.

Japan has a longer history of games with meaningful choices, so that's a curious point to make.

It's possible (though I maintain unlikely) the West receives a combined edition of FE14. It is almost entirely out of the question that IS programs in a major choice "as part of the game" that isn't in other regions. If we get a combined edition, you'll make your path selection before the campaign begins.

It's possible (though I maintain unlikely) the West receives a combined edition of FE14. It is almost entirely out of the question that IS programs in a major choice "as part of the game" that isn't in other regions. If we get a combined edition, you'll make your path selection before the campaign begins.

"There is one version of the digital game. At Chapter 6 you must choose between the two choices which one you'd like to follow.

*Up until Chapter 6 both versions of the game are the same.

*Once your decision is made, it cannot be undone.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021888

So it sounds to me like everything is coded into the game(oh, how i hate on disc dlc), and the game gives you a choice at chapter 6 and sets a flag to lock off half the content. If that is the case, all theamerican version has to do is dummy out the flag. (plus, i wouldn't be surprised if the dlc just sets another flag to allow all content, in which the american version might come with the flag stuck to "on".

I wonder if the chapter 6 thing is like a demo? And then you download the rest of the game?

Probably not, but it would make it slightly more justifiable than what seems to be the case now.