April 2015 Nintendo Direct hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, another thing to note: Thieves (シーフ) can only use bows!

That's interesting. I would've thought that Swords would've been preferred for their class, or maybe daggers if they brought them back(I doubt it though.) So now they're just Archers. With different stats.

I'm not sure how happy I am to hear this.

Ok, I'm hyped now, it looks like they just might do the avatar right this time, the 2 routes sound interesting, so Hoshido is Lyn mode and Nohr is Hector mode? Cool.

Slightly less cool is the 2 versions, hoping it's just one game with both routes (maybe 3rd route as dlc) in localization for US/EU, maybe that's the reason for 2016 release? If it ends up being 2 versions I'll get Nohr, I prefer darker story and more challenging gameplay.

Also archer thieves? So hunters and thieves merged? Now I wonder if some classes might be different depending on the enemy faction.

Edited by saifors

Awesome. I love how all the predictions I made in January came true, more or less (Your character is the main lord, who's also a dragon)...

Now, to justify and/or decide to surrender the tactile feeling of having a cart in my hand in order to get the big DLC version or choose to get both versions of the game and have them forever separated... or just buy the bloody big bundle. (Naturally, localisation will probably make things different for me)

Two things: It looks like weapon durability is displayed as a meter behind the weapon's icon. The screenshot with Kamui's stats has a sword with some sort of meter behind the icon, with a significant portion red and a sliver of green. It doesn't look like the icon displays the Holy Sword he is depicted as having, so regular weapons seem to have this. However, the dragonstone does not. Maybe only stones are unbreakable?

Another thing being, on that same photo, the skill on the top left has some sort of ring around it, exaggerating it. Perhaps this could be a skill that cannot be unequipped? That would be an interesting balancing aspect, like detrimental abilities in Pokemon, though hopefully not as dire.

Edited by Trickeroo

Kamui being the main antagonist pretty much confirms that he's the one trying to kill the dancer in the first trailer.

But... Kamui was said to be the PROTAGONIST. Not antagonist. :/

But I DO wonder why that deer-dragon (yes, I call it that because I think it looks like both. :P) was choking the dancer girl and why it definitely appears to be Kamui.

But... Kamui was said to be the PROTAGONIST. Not antagonist. :/

But I DO wonder why that deer-dragon (yes, I call it that because I think it looks like both. :P) was choking the dancer girl and why it definitely appears to be Kamui.

the Protagonist can be a Antagonist Anna. Look at Disgaea for example.

Also, in one of the screenshots, Kamui's stats were blue. why were they?

Edited by Advance Gamer

That's interesting. I would've thought that Swords would've been preferred for their class, or maybe daggers if they brought them back(I doubt it though.) So now they're just Archers. With different stats.

I'm not sure how happy I am to hear this.

Well,

NRHKDfY.png

Who knows. I don't see a throwing star being classified as a sword, and knives had many 1-2 options, so...

Edited by Cysx

Correction:

A protagonist CANNOT be an antagonist as the antagonist is explicitly defined in terms of opposing the protagonist.

The protagonist is simply the main character.

A protagonist does not mean "the good guy", nor does antagonist mean "the bad guy", although they are often oversimplified as such.

You can have heroic antagonists and you can have villainous protagonists.

But its basically impossible for a protagonist to be an antagonist as they are literal contradictions of terms (unless they are somehow opposing themselves).

Also, in one of the screenshots, Kamui's stats were blue. why were they?

You've got terms mixed up. The protagonist can be a villain, but not an antagonist. The protagonist is just the primary character the story follows.

I also don't know where anyone got the idea that Kamui is antagonistic in the first place.

You've got terms mixed up. The protagonist can be a villain, but not an antagonist. The protagonist is just the primary character the story follows.

...Oh. ._. And me, a long time writer, didn't know this. Man, I feel pathetic now. >_<