FE: if sold as two (three) separate versions in Japan

HeartTranquil

I have a really bad feeling about this:

FE Awakening had "3" parts to it. I feel like each of the 3 parts to FE14 will be "8-15" chapters long, sort of like a more extreme sacred stones thing, but sold separately with discounts/whatever else they said.

I'll gladly buy each version if each game is a solid full game, but if this is some kind of forced DLC for the entire story, ehh...

That would be unreasonably small though and simply asking for poor reviews.I think the most likely scenario is that the games will share some content e.g. there will be ~18 unique chapters and ~7 shared chapters(different versions of the same battlefield with the player on a different side) between the games.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they don't sell the split game overseas (which I'm thinking they might not, given how they were totally mum on it in the English Direct), that still means that the biggest choice in the game will probably just be some glorified menu option at the start of the game. Some game about choices... two whole separate railroads to choose from. Whoopie. Sacred Stones did that 10 years ago, and at least then they had the decency to sell it as one game.

Even if they don't sell the split game overseas (which I'm thinking they might not, given how they were totally mum on it in the English Direct), that still means that the biggest choice in the game will probably just be some glorified menu option at the start of the game. Some game about choices... two whole separate railroads to choose from. Whoopie. Sacred Stones did that 10 years ago, and at least then they had the decency to sell it as one game.

This is what I'm worried about the most. It seems a bit dumb to emphasize choice when it's more like two separate games rather than making decisions on the way.

Download version:

dl.png

Don't understand what it says though.

VincentASM loosely translated it on one of the other threads I believe. Something about 6 chapters in, you make a choice about which side to join, and are stuck with it.

Edited by DragonLord

Download version:

dl.png

Don't understand what it says though.

VincentASM (I think) figured out that it meant that if you buy the digital game, you can go up to Ch. 6, but then you have to choose a version of the game.

Edit: Gdi DragonLord XD

Edited by Forceman

huh, wonder if they had to do this because the game was simply too big to fit to a cartridge if they included all the content

Edited by Aiddon

This isn't a huge issue for me since my sister and I were thinking about buying separate copies so we could play at the same time, but is there enough unique content in each to really justify buying both? When Nintendo said there were two paths I thought it would be in the same game, but I suppose the path you want to choose depends on the game you buy?

VincentASM (I think) figured out that it meant that if you buy the digital game, you can go up to Ch. 6, but then you have to choose a version of the game.

Edit: Gdi DragonLord XD

what does this mean?

If I buy the the Black game, then how is it that I am making a choice when I am locked into the Black campaign?

Sure the first 6 chapters may be shared but… can someone explain why I am making a choice here?

I don't buy it.

This. I highly doubt the game is going to be released like that here across the pond. I mean, thats just illogical and you do pick a side. Its in the trailer where MU does so. So like, i feel like this is really just how the jpn version is getting released. You guys need to calm down.

what does this mean?

If I buy the the Black game, then how is it that I am making a choice when I am locked into the Black campaign?

Sure the first 6 chapters may be shared but… can someone explain why I am making a choice here?

Either you ally with one side or the other. Basically a forced path split a la Sacred Stones, but forced by the game you buy rather than an in-game choice.

what does this mean?

Recall the trailer. There's one point where both sides reach out to you. I assume this is where the choice is made.

EDIT: Heh, look's like we're even Forceman

Edited by DragonLord

what does this mean?

You're funding Nintendo, because they know that the diehard fans (90% of SF) will buy both copies.

They know this'll work cos Pokemon.

The choice is whether you're prepared to fork out enough money to buy both.

I'm quite interested to how pissed off the Japanese side of the internet is getting.

This is pretty much my worst nightmare. My hype for the game has fallen through the floor. LIke from a 10/10 to a -5/10.

Guys, remeber when Bravely Default was two games in JPN but was one big games in the west? Most likey to happen to this game.

Uh... no. It was one game and then a +/FM/Ultimate version. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

EDIT: Heh, look's like we're even Forceman

=P

I'm quite interested to how pissed off the Japanese side of the internet is getting.

Me too!

Guys, remeber when Bravely Default was two games in JPN but was one big games in the west? Most likey to happen to this game.

I don't remember Bravely Default at all o_O

Actually the second Bravely Default was an updated version subtitled "For the Sequel" which is what the Western is based on (kinda like how Monster Hunter has its Ultimate updates). FE: if is not that. Though we'll see how things work out for the overseas' versions

Edited by Aiddon

How foolish. This is a model that works for Pokemon because Pokemon is EXTREMELY popular and a very accessible genre. It's easy enough to play for all ages and has something a lot of players can enjoy. Fire Emblem, a SRPG? Not a chance. I hope this is just Ninty buttf**king Japan (ironic because I have a JP 3DS) and not something they have planned for the west.