FE: if sold as two (three) separate versions in Japan

HeartTranquil

Yo, someone put this on the first post or something:

Thank you, Shadow. This really clears things up for me. Edited by ~Silver

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have no particular complaints about this, presuming that Nintendo is in fact telling the truth that each individual route has a full game's worth of content. (It doesn't really do them any good to lie, and if they are lying, we'll know about it well in advance.)

If Awakening DLC is any indication we'll probably end up paying $15 for the 'other story unlock', and even if they did charge $20 for it it would still be a significantly better deal than Awakening's Future Past scenario was in terms of the ratio of money spent to content received. I see no reason to complain about, essentially, getting 1.8 full games (if you assume that the game has the typical FE length of about 25 chapters, and the paths split at chapter 6 and do not reconverge) for the price of 1.5.

In fact, I'm mostly glad they didn't pull a Pokemon and make us pay full price for both versions. And people in that fanbase are happy to do that.

I doubt SMTxFE will bomb horribly, the SMT/Persona fanbase will probably eat it up like candy even if the FE fanbase doesn't much care about it.

(And of course, people who like both franchises will squee~)

In fact, I'm mostly glad they didn't pull a Pokemon and make us pay full price for both versions. And people in that fanbase are happy to do that.

Buying both versions of pokemon is idiotic.

Buying both versions of this is necessary to get the full experience of choosing sides - a mechanic that was alluded to in the very first trailer.

There's a big difference in the messaging/reality of those two scenarios.

Darn it. Finally having a game where the whole plot changes based on a decision made early on, and they split it into 2 games? If the reason it is being delayed in the US is to condense it to 1 cartridge then that is worth the delay.

I edited the first post.

Here's the original post for reference:

Edit:

Siliconera confirmed that standard retail versions of the game will only contain 1 path. If you buy Black, you are locked into the Black path. If you buy White you are locked into the White path.

A limited edition of the retail game will contain a cartridge that contains both Black and White in 1 single cartridge along with the third path included.

Digital versions of the game will be similar to the standard retail versions - the path you pick to buy, will be the path you are locked into.

Basically, if you want all paths, you either buy standard retail/digital and buy the other paths as DLC.

Or

You buy the limited edition.

I doubt SMTxFE will bomb horribly, the SMT/Persona fanbase will probably eat it up like candy even if the FE fanbase doesn't much care about it.

(And of course, people who like both franchises will squee~)

That's pretentious considering I'm a fan of both and utterly loathe the look of it. Because they advertised mainline smt with mainline fe. Not Persona with barely any FE that resembles something not even like either series originally advertised.

Also this two game thing is interesting to say the least.

To think they might release two games is a bit bizarre, considering you have that scene where the Avatar had to choose which side he will go with, and that the difficulty is not the same depending on the path you choose...

Anyway, it is still early, so either they release the info to test the fanbase, or they still have time to think about it.... and probably more than twice !

I wouldn't care if they half the prices, but it give the feels it's just FE 14 Part I and FE14 Part II, which is sure kinda weird... but still better than having to buy two versions of a same game...

But if they really plan on having to cartridge does mean FE14 is going to have a lot of content ? (Like more than 20 chapters + a lot of weapons/classes)

....I'm a bit lost...

Buying both versions of pokemon is idiotic.

Buying both versions of this is necessary to get the full experience of choosing sides - a mechanic that was alluded to in the very first trailer.

There's a big difference in the messaging/reality of those two scenarios.

It would suck if the only choice you make is whether you want to buy both versions, all 3 or just one. But The original trailer said "choices" if I recall correctly, so I'm optimistic that the 1st trailer wasn't misleading.

It's also possible it's too big to fit on one cartridge and the game wasn't split purely for $$$ reasons.

I'm just worried about how much i will be spending on the premium version of this game. Cause I dont want to be locked into one choice. I want to experience all the sides.

It's also possible it's too big to fit on one cartridge and the game wasn't split purely for $$$ reasons.

This would be the only way I'd feel better about this. But is it realistic? How big could a Fire Emblem game get that it wouldn't fit on one card? Bigger than Smash Bros?

Once these two are in stores, Hoshido FE's sales will be lackluster compared to Nohr's; Nohr FE will be immediately sold out in like 2 minutes. But meh, I have no knowledge of the future, so we'll have to wait and see.

Still, I want that limited edition with the choice to choose which path to take. I honestly thought that you weren't locked on one path, and the box arts were purely aesthetic. I kinda expect them to make a DLC for the alternate path, similar on how you can download Yoda for the PS3 Ver. of SCIV

Edited by カプリ

Even if we can get both games for a knocked down price, it wont really be the 'choice' aspect that I was hoping for, like having a savefile for Nohr, and one for Hoshido.

The Fire Emblem if: Special Edition will be available upon release and includes both White Kingdom [Hoshido] and Black Kingdom [Nohr] routes, and prepays for the upcoming third DLC route for 9250 yen.

I'm glad this is an option at least, although I don't look favorably on the choice to sell copies of the game with significant content locked behind a paywall (since the download version supports both until you make a choice, all the content must be there). But I am willing, and have been willing for a long time to pay more for games, beacuse development costs have risen significantly over the years.

That special edition is like $90. Holy wow I hope the American version isn't that expensive.

I'm pretty illiterate in conversions but using google it came out to around 77.23 USD. So still expensive but I've seen collectors editions of games go for like $100 for standard retail if not more.

Edited by LordTaco42

I plan to LTC all 3 paths.

I had you in mind. You really gonna do all 3? Lol.

LTCing and drafting this sucker is gonna be interesting haha.

Looks like drafts will be version specific.

They prob made the game like this to fuck with our resident hackers. Give them extra work lol.