FE: if sold as two (three) separate versions in Japan

HeartTranquil

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I'm not that mad. And I won't be as long as having only one copy still gives you a full experience (in terms of "Was this game worth $40?"). Best case scenario, it could be like getting 2 FE games with one at half price (and eventually a third, also at half price).

This. I highly doubt the game is going to be released like that here across the pond. I mean, thats just illogical and you do pick a side. Its in the trailer where MU does so. So like, i feel like this is really just how the jpn version is getting released. You guys need to calm down.

Assuming JP is their core audience, why would they give us special treatment?

Meh. I'm not that mad. And I won't be as long as having only one copy still gives you a full experience (in terms of "Was this game worth $40?"). Best case scenario, it could be like getting 2 FE games with one at half price (and eventually a third, also at half price).

I guess thats a good way when you look at it that way. I just hope to God that the difference isn't in the choice. I.e you buy the black version and you choose Nohr White you choose Hoshida. I mean to make whats supposedly the fundamental core aspect of the game only accessible through buying an entirely different version of the game kinda sucks IMO.

Edited by LordTaco42

I honestly won't be too upset unless the games themselves end up both being pretty short. If they each have like 20 chapters or something i'll be kinda upset.

It's still not stopping me from getting both versions if they're not sold together here.

This is a good way to think about it.

Although I feel it would be much more convenient to just have a single cartridge, even if it came at a premium price.

Assuming JP is their core audience, why would they give us special treatment?

I think stuff like this is more common in Japan. They've been more conditioned to pay for multiple versions of things and I guess they don't complain too much because it keeps happening.

Nintendo of America's twitter uses wording that seems to heavily imply that there is only one game as they specifically call it "the game" in one tweet in regards to how the avatar is the main character. Another tweet also uses similar wording.

From what else I could see in other places on the internet, Siliconera says they have tried to reach out to Nintendo inregards to this matter, so that's at least one source trying to find an official answer to the question. I'm sure by tomorrow we'll know for sure what the deal is. That they aren't talking about a second version at all in the NA direct while making implications that it's just one game makes me think it'll just be one game in the west anyway. Though I could still see that third path DLC being DLC.

Like all the amiibo crap and DLC they keep releasing, this is once again Nintendo money grabbing as fast as possible, a trick as old as the original Pokemon games.

I would be even more pissed off about this, but the hype train acts as a soporific.

What a farce. Amiibos, mobile game licensing, expanded emphasis on DLC, and now wholly unnecessary "game versions"... looks like Nintendo's perfidious money-grubbing mentality has spilled over and sullied Fire Emblem, too.

Shame.

Nintendo was counteracting all of this last generation, but hardcore gamers just had to shun them away for "catering to casuals" and "not being like the other consoles."

So they gave up and are now doing the same thing everyone else does.

This is the path you chose.

Nintendo of America's twitter uses wording that seems to heavily imply that there is only one game as they specifically call it "the game" in one tweet in regards to how the avatar is the main character. Another tweet also uses similar wording.

From what else I could see in other places on the internet, Siliconera says they have tried to reach out to Nintendo inregards to this matter, so that's at least one source trying to find an official answer to the question. I'm sure by tomorrow we'll know for sure what the deal is. That they aren't talking about a second version at all in the NA direct while making implications that it's just one game makes me think it'll just be one game in the west anyway. Though I could still see that third path DLC being DLC.

This.

So i really think everyone needs to chillax. This mess is likely released in Japan this way, but not out here. Im sure they would have mentioned it, and not pushed it back to 2016, had that been the case.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Nintendo was counteracting all of this last generation, but hardcore gamers just had to shun them away for "catering to casuals" and "not being like the other consoles."

So they gave up and are now doing the same thing everyone else does.

This is the path you chose.

What are you talking about?

Nintendo's recent emphasis on cash-grabs has nothing to do with "hardcore gamers" and everything to do with the financial struggles of the WiiU.

game is released this year on japan in two (or three, not sure) version, then next year they release an ultimate version. Said ultimate version is localized

I can totally see this happening

Edited by Nobody

What are you talking about?

Nintendo's recent emphasis on cash-grabs has nothing to do with "hardcore gamers" and everything to do with the financial struggles of the WiiU.

Financial struggles Nintendo brought onto themselves by listening to hardcore gamers during the Wii's last few years and when designing the WiiU.

Nintendo was very much against DLC tactics in the early Wii and DS years, but people actually complained.

Edited by Ike-Mike

^^ Feel free to make a new topic for that discussion.

Enemy Pair-Up sounds like a really bad idea. And by bad I mean good.

Edited by Baldrick

Enemy Units can now Pair Up against you

This was taken from the neogaf forums. All I can say is YES! Finally, difficulty returns! (Maybe)

Oh boy...

The jp official site has pictures of enemy units paired up in battle.

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

OH BOY...

I guess the question still needs to be answered because it seems so far:

Retail versions will not contain the "full game"

Digital versions will

I can already see the tinkerers trying to remove the lock...

why is my member badge a horse i picked Joshua

Edited by Forceman