Marriage

Marriage  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this game will have marriage?

2. 2. Do you want this game to have marriage?

3. 3. How should it be handled?

Thing I want is for Kamui's endings with his/her spouse to have a bit more diversity. Though, it feels like there will be a copypaste ending which will go like:

"Kamui has succeeded his/her father/mother and becomes the king/queen/emperor/empress of Nohr/Hoshido. His/her wife/husband, [insert name here] joined as his/her king/queen/emperor/empress and loved each other more than anything else."

I'm not getting my hopes up but hopefully Kamui's role as the main character will lend itself to some creativity for endings.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't want this to be another waifu simulator for casuals. FE is much more than that...if there's marriage, make it so it's like FE's always been, through supports/plot. And I hope "MU" isn't another Mary Sue character.

Marriage will definitely be included, inclusion of genders Kamui won't be just for be there for nothing. Hopefully marriage will have much more influence in the story and have Kamui and his/her spouse actually act like a married couple.

Edited by Awakener_

A mixture of systems. Have C/B/A supports, similiar to past Fire Emblems, but keep the Awakening system where there is not a limit on these supports. Any character can have as many A supports as are available for them. Similiar to Awakening, let the main character support every other character, but have supports otherwise be more limited.

Have an additional tier of support, S, SS, and SSS. These are three aditional support levels that only a small number of pairings can get. In addition, a character cannot get an S (or further) support with more than one character. Achieving SSS results in a paired ending for the characters in the epilogue. Bring back the non-romantic pairings from past Fire Emblem games, but have some SSS pairings be romantic, resulting in characters getting married in the epilogue (and possibly the game.)

This would be the best system I think. It doesn't force every character to be able to romance every other character they happen to be able to become friends with (assuming they're the right gender), and for those who can romance each other, it keeps the romance mostly in the S/SS/SSS supports so that it doesn't feel weird to get an A support with one or more romanceable characters and then marry someone else. It also bring back the old friendship pairings, and show that there are relationships other than just romantic love that can be deep and lasting.

i would love to see something both A and S support endings, if that makes sense? i suppose it's a bit of a mix of the s-support endings and a-support ending system- all female-male supports don't have A-supports, some only have A.

and sure, marriage is a thing, but if two characters don't have S-support with eachother by the end of the game, but both have an A support with eachother, there's... maybe a 40, 45(?)% chance they'll get a paired ending, which allows for a lot of wiggle room in terms of the kind of ending. the A-support endings would be fxm supports, mxm supports, fxf supports.. basically, any A-support is applicable, but not all will get it, if that makes sense? because that would be a lot of endings if this game goes awakening-style supports, holy crap. plus, all endings are endgame- they get married at the end of the story, not like, smack dab in the middle of it or wherever they reached S.

like, this'll never happen, but i feel like something like this would be pretty cool to see.

Edited by falcoknights

I would really like for marriages to be endgame. I don't want the new 'trend' of Fire Emblem games to be over husbando and waifus and have that be the crutch of the franchise. It should be a nice bonus, but Fire Emblem is about tactics, not just a dating sim.

Calling it, you can't S-Rank any of the royals as long as S-Ranks are only for marriages.

You aren't going marry your birth siblings. And yet being able to marry Marx or Camilla would tilt the dialogue towards Nohr.

Edited by Saladus

I fully expect at least marriage epilogues (this has been around BEFORE the support system) and considering what we do know of the plot I would be surprised if there wasn't an option for a political marriage to prevent further war in the future.

Hmm, what I want: S-rank support for waifu/husbando/incest time and for stats bonus. paired ending, and no children from the future.
Heh, maybe they could put some/a lot of the 'choice mechanic' on it too ? Would be cool.

Also, a Harem. It's important. I'm a f#cking dragon, got to repoopulate the species. (That's the version I'll give to the peasants for shit and giggles. :p)

People are already wanting to waifu female Kamui! XD
Not that I am complaining, she is indeed very pretty and attractive.

And the outfit that is not at all fanservice. :p

Not complaining too.

Edited by B.Leu

I fully expect at least marriage epilogues (this has been around BEFORE the support system) and considering what we do know of the plot I would be surprised if there wasn't an option for a political marriage to prevent further war in the future.

That's an interesting idea. I agree, and I think that there should at least be one support between characters after they've wed (not counting DLC).

Since there are probably no children, there could easily be post-nup supports, right?

Hmm, what I want: S-rank support for waifu/husbando/incest time and for stats bonus. paired ending, and no children from the future.

Heh, maybe they could put some/a lot of the 'choice mechanic' on it too ? Would be cool.

Also, a Harem. It's important. I'm a f#cking dragon, got to repoopulate the species. (That's the version I'll give to the peasants for shit and giggles. :p)

I agree with all of this. A dragon has his duties after all, what with the shortage of manaketes around. As well as incest always being best. I want Hinoka no matter what I have to do. No matter what I have to do. And maaaaybe boob lady.

My point still stands. Letting Kamui S-Rank from Nohr's set of royals but not Hoshido's would be tilting the dialogue towards Nohr. Unless S-Ranks are for more than marriage this time.

They could have platonic relathionships you know blood sibilings. I'm just not sure how they would lock other potential marriage options out once you got to a certain support rank with a character supposedly that was the purpose of the S-rank in the first place.

My point still stands. Letting Kamui S-Rank from Nohr's set of royals but not Hoshido's would be tilting the dialogue towards Nohr. Unless S-Ranks are for more than marriage this time.

They might just lock out all royal pairings because you are blood related to Hoshido but your Nohr family still considers you to be their sibling. Marriage is going to be awkward either way.

Alternatively, Kamui will be able to marry either group because you've been away from Hoshido long enough not to have a sibling bond with them, and for Nohr, you could have a marriage to create a political alliance.

• 1 month later...

Alternatively, Kamui will be able to marry either group because you've been away from Hoshido long enough not to have a sibling bond with them, and for Nohr, you could have a marriage to create a political alliance.

I'm preeetty sure that regardless of sibling bonds, it'd still be incest to marry your Hoshidan siblings.

Marrying your Nohr siblings, on the other hand, would not technically be incest... But it would still be weird.

I don't think marriage will have as big an influence as it did in Awakening. I'm pretty sure it will be present but probably just as an endgame thing. Platonic friendship or sibling endings would be nice this time around too. Honestly, as much as I liked the marriage and children aspect in concept, the execution was admittedly lacking in Awakening (haven't played Holy Wars so I can't speak for how it was handled there)

I think both supports and end game should come into play. I suppose I could have voted for end game only instead of other, but I feel that a S-support should lead to an end game marriage. I am imagine it will come back in one form or another.

I definitely want paired endings post game, but I want the S-rank support to access those endings. There needs to be multiple choices for MOST characters, maybe not all, and perhaps not as many options for marriage as in Awakening. I'd like more heteronormality, as all meaningful relationships don't need to be sexual, but that's a discussion for another time.

Hopefully, with a narrowed pool of marriage candidates for each character, the S-rank supports can make more sense and seem more genuine than a proposal out of nowhere, a la Awakening.