Was that MU that transformed in the trailer?

Lhyonnaes

As the title says, there's clearly a shapeshifter at around 1:38. If you look closely, the armor of the person who transformes looks an awful lot like MU's armor, though we don't get a good look at their face...

The implications could be quite interesting.

Edited by Lhyonnaes

What the fuck is MU?

God damn it, people, stop using this moniker. It's becoming especially bad since we now have 3 potential MUs/avatars we can be referring to (4 if you count FE7's).

But no, that probably was not.

What the fuck is MU?

God damn it, people, stop using this moniker. It's becoming especially bad since we now have 3 potential MUs/avatars we can be referring to (4 if you count FE7's).

Sorry, sorry. I thought that it would be clear, given the IF subforum. I'll clarify more in the future.

Rawr2_zpsobv27s0n.gif

It's him. I also made sure to slow down the frames when Kamui's a dragon for Dragoncat's dragon fetish.

and mine

Edited by Kysafen

By the Goddess, you speak the truth!

WAIT!!!

Does that mean, he's the one choking the dancer girl in the first trailer?

Edited by almi23

Does that mean, he's the one choking the dancer girl in the first trailer?

I'd already speculated the fact that the one choking her's head was left ambiguous kind of made that possible.

Eeeh hopefully this will be a choice (heh), becase I'm not enamoured with the idea of a shapeshifting main character. Generally better kept to supporting characters imo.

Rawr2_zpsobv27s0n.gif

It's him. I also made sure to slow down the frames when Kamui's a dragon for Dragoncat's dragon fetish.

and mine

hmmm, could be. However, what's interesting is the design of the beast. Because that's NOT a traditional dragon, either of Eastern or Western design. If anything it's more like a Kirin (or Qilin in Chinese)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

Sorry, sorry. I thought that it would be clear, given the IF subforum. I'll clarify more in the future.

It's not just you (also, don't take me too seriously, I meant what I said but I'm more annoyed than angry).

"MU" is just an abbreviated transliteration that's never been used officially in English and will only come to be more confusing for people as time goes on.

People need to just start referring to these characters by their default names: Kris, Robin, and now (until further notice) Kamui.

And great thanks to Smash Bros. for helping to popularize the name "Robin."

hmmm, could be. However, what's interesting is the design of the beast. Because that's NOT a traditional dragon, either of Eastern or Western design. If anything it's more like a Kirin (or Qilin in Chinese)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

Well, all the manakete varieties tend to have different physical appearances, and there's some room for variation between games and individuals, anyways. Most interesting to me is the color. The only black dragons we've seen so far in FE are Earth Dragons (or Dark Dragons, but the precise distinction there is foggy at best)...

EDIT: Unless the relation is to the black dragons of Tellius...

Edited by Lhyonnaes

Well, all the manakete varieties tend to have different physical appearances, and there's some room for variation between games and individuals, anyways. Most interesting to me is the color. The only black dragons we've seen so far in FE are Earth Dragons (or Dark Dragons, but the precise distinction there is foggy at best)...

EDIT: Unless the relation is to the black dragons of Tellius...

Except they didn't diverge into having clearly equine features. The other Manakete and Laguz characters were basic Western dragons. This one isn't, probably because Eastern dragons are serpentine. Kirin have draconic features as well as looking like deer or horses. Though admittedly the wings are new.

Doesn't the official art have the character with pointed ears? Like a lot of the manakete characters?

-looks at official website art- Yeah, both versions of Kamui have them...but neither side of siblings do. Huh.

Edited by Aiddon

What the fuck is MU?

But no, that probably was not.

Can you not? MU and Avatar are interchangeable and people know exactly who and what people mean when they say MU.

Also transforming. Thats wiggy.

It looks like Kamui, but something seems off to me. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

Could be a doppleganger plot point, but im not really sold on that.

I'm not entirely sure, a shape-shifting MU would be unusual unless they could justify it. I mean, previous MU's have generally been locked out of the transformation classes, so I don't know what to make of it. Still, it's not a massive deal, at the end of the day, MU's character interests me more than their class.

Can you not? MU and Avatar are interchangeable and people know exactly who and what people mean when they say MU.

Nope. Gonna keep doing it. "MU" has been dumb ever since Awakening came out internationally, and what makes you think I care that it's interchangeable with "Avatar?" I'm advocating using their default names so we don't have three characters in the series that are all "MU."

Also transforming. Thats wiggy.

Could be a doppleganger plot point, but im not really sold on that.

At the end of the day, there's loads of terms for MU and people are going to use different ones. I can't imagine many people are silly enough to get too confused by it.

A doppelgänger could be a thing, although I'm not too sure it would be paired up.