Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Name: Fire Emblem if (in Japan)

Format: Nintendo 3DS

Release date: 25th June 2015 (Japan), 2016 (North America)

Official website: Click me

Pages

Nintendo Direct April 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CCxVMltQY

Key facts:

• Avatar is back; now the main focus.
  • Two nations at war: Hoshido (nice guys) and Nohr (power-hungry). You choose which side to fight for.
  • World and characters the same, but choices affect story, battles, outcome.
  • Hoshido path is like previous FEs, where you must repel an invasion by Nohr.
  • Nohr path is more challenging, as you must deal with Nohr's internal conflicts.

Japanese Nintendo Direct:

• The game is split into two versions: Hoshido and Nohr.
  • You can buy the other version as DLC for a discounted price.
  • Major DLC planned: the "Third Path", costs the same as Hoshido/Nohr DLC.
  • Digital version is both versions, but the campaign is locked after Chapter 6 when you choose sides.
  • Limited edition has both versions, the "Third Path" DLC and extras.

Nintendo Direct January 2015

http://youtu.be/Pz2LJ-4DDWU

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 is a long time from now.

I'm turning eighteen that January, so I'm afraid that by the time the game comes out, I will have morphed into a boring adult that doesn't like video games, because I'm not cool now, so I probably won't be a cool, gaming adult like everyone here.

Question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6fY6CUEYgw

At 1:08:21 there is a long haired person that speaks with a male sounding voice that appears to be holding a lance. Someone translated their name as Tsubaki, which I think is a female name? What gender, and what class could this person be? (Male pegasus rider? Male cavalier? Or just abnormally male sounding female?)

Ok, this is a stupid question but when you say 2 versions, do you mean that it is done similarly to the Pokemon games where there are 2 games like Ruby/Sapphire?

or do you mean that this is one game but you can only play the other side if you buy its DLC?

At 1:08:21 there is a long haired person that speaks with a male sounding voice that appears to be holding a lance. Someone translated their name as Tsubaki, which I think is a female name? What gender, and what class could this person be? (Male pegasus rider? Male cavalier? Or just abnormally male sounding female?)

Based on this screenshot found on Gematsu:

Fire-Emblem-If_2015_04-01-15_008.jpg

He indeed appears to be male pegasus rider. Guess IS is getting rid of the gender restrictions seen with some classes like pegasus riders and fighters.

Huh, so the lobster man is named Ryouma

Woman at 1:08 is written as Ka-mi-ra..so Camilla I guess

For the ones who only appeared in the Direct

The black King - Ga-ron-> Gallon

Male Pegasus Knight -> Tsubaki

Ninja with spiky hair - Saizou

Character before the Onii-sama-> Orochi

Onii-sama girl-> Sakura

Pretty sure somebody has translated these before me, but eh :v

I'm turning eighteen that January, so I'm afraid that by the time the game comes out, I will have morphed into a boring adult that doesn't like video games, because I'm not cool now, so I probably won't be a cool, gaming adult like everyone here.

Age doesn't have anything to do with you being a gamer :p. That kind of time will only come when you decide to hate video game lol.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

In the hype thread, I figured out some numbers; I'll move that info here:

Based upon these two images and taking hints from Awakening's calculations, I've determined the following:

Iron Bow (鉄の弓) stats:

Mt: 9

Hit: 80

Crt: 0

Nohr Godsword (夜刀神) stats:

Mt: 8

Hit: 85

Crt: 0

Accuracy calculation:

floor[WeaponHit + (Skill*3 + Luck)/2]

Avoid calculation:

floor[(Speed*3 + Luck)/2]

Crit calculation:

WeaponCrit + floor[skill/3]

Also, here's the character chart, like I made last time. Now with 100% less made-up names!

To see it zoomed in, click on the image; then, on the new page, hover over it and click on the magnifying glass.

newfeifsheet4_zpsuhwzllbo.png

Finally, note that in one of the stat pictures, it shows that Thieves (シーフ) can only use bows.

In the hype thread, I figured out some numbers; I'll move that info here:

Also, here's the character chart, like I made last time. Now with 100% less made-up names!

To see it zoomed in, click on the image; then, on the new page, hover over it and click on the magnifying glass.

newfeifsheet4_zpsuhwzllbo.png

Finally, note that in one of the stat pictures, it shows that Thieves (シーフ) can only use bows.

The Dark Knight guy seems to be the one we saw on the bridge in the previous trailer.

I feel you, I'm turning 18 this December. Why must the release date daunt me so, but hopefully I might be able to stay cool with the rest of you people.

What if hatred could be conquered, what, you mean just like they did in Naruto ? :troll:

I'm not a fan of that grey dragon, it looks like Arceus had a child with a Samurott. Which is actually awesome said like that. Arceus/Samurott canon mofo.

Wait, if there is a Dragonstone rank, that mean there is more than one dragonstone, so does that mean there is more than one dragon transformation ? That would be a good thing.

But am I the only one who find this two versions deal just ... rage inducing ?

And to choose a Third-option, I have to pay for it as a DLC ? What gives ?! So much for 'Make choices'...

To say screw you all/something else, I have to pay for it as a DLC, just no ! It's... no !

And yeah, it will probably be two truly different version unlike with Pokemon, but STILL, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, it doesn't justify me buying two games, they did the same thing with Sacred Stone. Somewhat...

Still, awesome trailer !

Oh, and thanks for the chart, it's very practical !

Edited by B.Leu

What if hatred could be conquered, what, you mean just like they did in Naruto ? :troll:

I'm not a fan of that grey dragon, it looks like Arceus had a child with a Samurott. Which is actually awesome said like that. Arceus/Samurott canon mofo.

Wait, if there is a Dragonstone rank, that mean there is more than one dragonstone, so does that mean there is more than one dragon transformation ? That would be a good thing.

But am I the only one who find this two versions deal just ... rage inducing ?

And to choose a Third-option, I have to pay for it as a DLC ? What gives ?! So much for 'Make choices'...

To say screw you all/something else, I have to pay for it as a DLC, just no ! It's... no !

And yeah, it will probably be two truly different version unlike with Pokemon, but STILL, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, it doesn't justify me buying two games, they did the same thing with Sacred Stone. Somewhat...

Still, awesome trailer !

Oh, and thanks for the chart, it's very practical !

I'm inclined to agree on the Pokemon hybrid look, though I was leaning more towards a skinny Diagla, aesthetically. :)

But also, I definitely agree that the price is unreasonable if we have two versions and DLC, but it's technically not confirmed that will also be in the versions outside of Japan (I would imagine so, though).

At the very least, it seems there is a discount on the others if you buy one. Pokemon doesn't do that! I'm hoping that for the NA version, we can buy the game bundle for, like, fifty or sixty bucks or something.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Elk dragon is majestic.

You know, the more I think about the separate versions thing, the more I actually grow to be okay with it. We are supposedly getting two full-sized Fire Emblem games, after all. Not for the price of one, to the chagrin of many, but I am still hoping that the NA release will have a bundle. I'd buy the hell out of it.

Have just seen the trailer now . And all i can think is : "OMG how can i suppose to wait until 2016 ? Maybe i'll have to buy a japanese version to enjoy first "

The gameplay looks like it has some developements .

• Male pegasus
  • Main character is a unicorn or dragon ( whatever it's )
  • Fighting animation is better ( the assassin or ninja'scene )
  • New weapons.
  • Better characters design.
  • A lot of more .

As a Fire emblem franchise fan , i recommend it . It's the first fire emblem game that has a story choice system. Nintendo doesn't disappoint fan . Good job !

I can't wrap my head around this, can someone explain it to me?

What's the point of two versions? Will one version only be restricted to one path, and vic versa?

So the wording for the digital download option implies that you're locked into the side you chose on your first playthrough, even on all subsequent playthroughs and have to pay to unlock the rest.

Despite 'the rest' already being on your system.

Day One On-disc DLC locked behind a paywall?

Are you kidding me?

The game will be released in NA in 2016 . So HOPEFULLY nintendo will change 2 versions become 1 and of course DLC for the game. Like bravely default first released in japan , after that is the updated version bravely default for the sequel . The NA version is the updated one . Just hope men .

Before we unleash all the rage, let's wait and see what happens with the NOA and NOE releases. As others have said in the other thread before, it seems to be more common in Japan to release multiple versions... of anything really. Music fans really don't blink twice if their fave's new album gets a release in two or three versions, and they're crazy enough to buy all of them.

The fact that they didn't also immediately confirm that for the American release gives me some hope they'll do things differently there (and here). I just hope it means we get to pay less, not that we'll only have access to less content.

"Fire Emblem if Nohr

In this story, you work with the Nohrian royal family to battle the internal conflicts within Nohr itself. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds."

...so in the Nohr path, we can't grind and whatnot?

I can't run around after beating the endgame and have random skirmishes?

...this is bothering me.