Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking joke lol. Removing weapon usage is the dumbest thing in a series a of dumb things about this game.

Where is the like button

What a fucking joke lol. Removing weapon usage is the dumbest thing in a series a of dumb things about this game.

It's been postulated numerous times how IS could make a decently balanced game without weapon usage. If they carefully mediate access to weapons then we can easily have situations where we have to distribute a small amount of good equipment over a large army. Suddenly we have our strategic gameplay back, except in a world without weapon durability.

I'll admit it begs the question of what Gold will actually be used for besides Vulneraries and such.

Also imo Phoenix mode is way dumber.

Phoenix mode? o.o I mean, I'm not against it, since it's optional, anyway, and it's no nightmare or tragedy, but that seems like a very broken mode to add in. I'd think Casual mode was alright enough. o.o;

But I noticed the article called the geography-editing move "Dragon Pulse". I thought it was "Dragon's Vein"? o.o I'm sort of suspicious...

And all weapons are unbreakable? Ehh... I don't know about that... Weapon durability has been around since near the beginning of FE, so it seems ridiculous to dispose of it entirely, and even though there's the screenshot of Kamui's items without durability numbers, I still am skeptical of this article's legitimacy, especially when it mentions one voice actor for each gender, yet states that voices are changable. I guess we shall wait until Famitsu comes out soon to see if this article is true.

Vincent said something along those lines in the other thread.

ah, I see. Wonder how that's going to turn out.

FE2 didn't have weapon durability iirc (didn't you have to do lots of trying to figure out whether you wanted a weapon or shield or something?) and FE4 might as well not have had weapon durability with the 'repair' function, and BOTH were incredibly fun. If there's a limit to shops/cap on weapons in shops/etc, then it should be rather interesting.

Then again, to me, weapon durability was always more of an annoyance than anything else, something easily overcome by stockpiling weapons in the convoy. It barely contributed at all to any strategies I had to come up with to beat maps, FE5 being a bit of an exception due to how you could rarely get gold anywhere.

The pictures aren't very clear, so I'm not 100% sure I'm reading everything correctly and will edit them when we obtain high resolution scans. [Question marks signify where it's either cropped out or too blurry for me; if you have any corrections/suggestions, by all means, please do tell me.] Thus, please keep that in mind while viewing these profiles from Famitsu:

- Marx (Paladin / CV. Konishi Katsuyuki)

Amongst Nohr's royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father's -- the king's -- intentions (?) .

- Camilla (Revenant Knight / CV. Sawashiro Miyuki)

Nohr's eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she'd be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

- Leon (Dark Knight / CV. Miyano Mamoru)
Marx's younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He's a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.
- Elise (Rod Knight / CV. Suwa Ayaka)

The youngest child amongst Nohr's royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she's just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

- Ryouma (??? / CV. Nakamura Yuuichi)

On top of being Hoshido Kingdom's eldest son, he is also the protagonist's real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.
- Hinoka (Pegasus Warrior / CV. Nazuka Kaori)
Hoshido Kingdom's eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.
- Takumi (Archer / CV. Kaji Yuuki)
Ryouma's younger brother. In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat suspicious personality.
- Sakura (Shrine Maiden/Priestess / CV. Kanemoto Hisako)
Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi's younger sister. Unlike the other three, she's shy and timid.

Thanks, those look great, despite the blurriness.

Just to clarify, I assume Takumi is suspicious of others, rather than being a suspicious individual ^^

EDIT

But I noticed the article called the geography-editing move "Dragon Pulse". I thought it was "Dragon's Vein"? o.o I'm sort of suspicious...

Same thing; different translation. It'll probably be something completely different in the English version.

Edited by VincentASM

Thanks, those look great, despite the blurriness.

Just to clarify, I assume Takumi is suspicious of others, rather than being a suspicious individual ^^

Precisely that! Thank you. Cynical, skeptical, dubious, untrusting, etc. etc.

The pictures aren't very clear, so I'm not 100% sure I'm reading everything correctly and will edit them when we obtain high resolution scans. [Question marks signify where it's either cropped out or too blurry for me; if you have any corrections/suggestions, by all means, please do tell me.] Thus, please keep that in mind while viewing these profiles from Famitsu:

Nohr's eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she'd be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

Okay, I love Camilla now. Don't care about the armor anymore. Camilla is love, Camilla is life.

Edited by NuggetofButt

Amongst Nohr's royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father's -- the king's -- intentions (?) .

Marx's younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He's a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.

The youngest child amongst Nohr's royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she's just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

On top of being Hoshido Kingdom's eldest son, he is also the protagonist's real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.
Hoshido Kingdom's eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.
Ryouma's younger brother. In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat suspicious personality.
Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi's younger sister. Unlike the other three, she's shy and timid.

Thanks a lot:)

Precisely that! Thank you. Cynical, skeptical, dubious, untrusting, etc. etc.

Hehe, just double checking : P

It's funny 'cause Takumi is basically a meme on the Japanese forums.

Also, here's the bit about the dragon blood.

白夜王国と暗夜王国にはそれぞれ神祖竜と呼ばれる竜への信仰が根付いており、王家の人間は、その竜の血を受け継ぐと言われている

主人公を含む王家の人間は、その血の影響によって、通常の人間を超越した能力を持っているのだ

Both Hoshido and Nohr are devout followers of a dragon known as the "Divine Ancestral Dragon" and the humans of the royal families are said to inherit the blood of dragons. The royal family members--the Avatar included--possess abilities surpassing that of humans because of the blood's effect.

(Could be plural dragons too.)

I'm kind of surprised that apparently all the royals can use Dragon's Vein. I thought it'd definitely be a Kamui exclusive skill, but they all have dragon blood? This and the Japanese rating really has me wondering if incest might be a thing as a way for each family to keep the dragon blood flowing and produce someone with Kamui's ability to fully transform before the enemy does.

Both Hoshido and Nohr are devout followers of a dragon known as the "Divine Ancestral Dragon" and the humans of the royal families are said to inherit the blood of dragons. The royal family members--the Avatar included--possess abilities surpassing that of humans because of the blood's effect.

(Could be plural dragons too.)

So, is it kind of like the major and minor bloods from FE4? Because that would be interesting.

I assume hope that Kamui's death would still result in a game over on phoenix mode because otherwise there would be no fail state. I never really hated casual mode because I can understand why some people would use it but phoenix mode seems like a step too far.

Camilla best girl confirmed

Okay, I love Camilla now. Don't care about the armor anymore. Camilla is love, Camilla is life.

I'm glad someone else understands.

Phoenix mode sounds.. I'm not sure what to think of it, yet. I wouldn't use it, personally.

Could this mean that Armsthrift is not coming back?

Edited by Tsunami922

Seems like body type, hairstyle, hair decoration (f only), hair color, face, facial features, and voice are the customization options.

Will I finally get bara kamooi

only time will tell

Camilla - CV: Miyuki Sawashiro

...well frick, I'm actually conflicted.

You can say tha again.

I love how everyone's talking about Phoenix Mode and weapon durability and I'm just here flailing in joy over 9 save files.

Could this mean that Armsthrift is not coming back?

It could but it would be a wasted skill if they are removing weapon durability.

Also, I'm not sure I like Leon. Something makes me think that he'll be one of those entitled royals who thinks everyone is below him because he's good at everything.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Also, I'm not sure I like Leon. Something makes me think that he'll be one of those entitled royals who thinks everyone is below him because he's good at everything.

If weapon durability is optional or only connected to the lower difficulties, it'd be interesting to see what they'd replace armsthrift with for those settings. Hopefully, they won't just leave a useless ability in-game.

Personally, I don't think they'll bother coming up with an alternative to compensate Armstrhift if they decide to remove weapon durability for the lower difficulties.

I hope they make Leon someone who cannot handle making mistakes. Perhaps we'll see him go mad with frustration if Kamui joins Hoshido? I remember Nintendo saying that we'll see different sides to the characters depending on what route we take, so I hope that's how they handle him. At least, that's how I would write him if I were the writer for this game.

^ i was thinking something similar he looks kinda unhinged in his new art and him not being able to handle Nohr losing the (likely) war to Kaimui and Hoshido seems quite likely to me.

Edited by goodperson707