Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

I'm wondering, would they be able to somehow address the Hoshidans' ability to grind and the Nohrians' lack thereof from a plot perspective? Or just brush it off as gameplay differences because they decided it would be that way.

I'm pretty sure the reason the Norhs can't grind is because of their corrupt government. Despite being the royal family, they're being monitored like commoners. It's hard to start a rebellion when someone's got their eye on you. Said someone is also watching their funds, hence why gathering money is a lot harder. Kamui and his troop are liable to be taken in for questioning at any moment, so they're restricted in what they can do.

Hoshidans don't have to worry about Big Brother watching, so they're free to go out and do as they please.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the reason the Norhs can't grind is because of their corrupt government. Despite being the royal family, they're being monitored like commoners. It's hard to start a rebellion when someone's got their eye on you. Said someone is also watching their funds, hence why gathering money is a lot harder. Kamui and his troop are liable to be taken in for questioning at any moment, so they're restricted in what they can do.

Hoshidans don't have to worry about Big Brother watching, so they're free to go out and do as they please.

I like the idea.Does anyone else think that there will be a chapter in which Kamui will have to escape prison?That scene with Marx in the 2nd trailer where he swings his sword at you kinda looks like that.

I like the idea.Does anyone else think that there will be a chapter in which Kamui will have to escape prison?That scene with Marx in the 2nd trailer where he swings his sword at you kinda looks like that.

Marx attacking Kamui seems more like retaliation for betraying Nohr.

But that said, a jail break/stealth based mission would be awesome.

Yup I've explained about that here.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/588885948991078400

I believe this says something along the lines of Nintendo added more pre-orders so reserve yours now because there are no plans for any more pre-orders.

Of course this applies to the Japanese stores, but importers might have reserved some of these new pre-orders so if you want to import and haven't been able to reserve one yet, you might have another chance so start checking whatever sites you can find it on.

Specifically that tweet is referring to the special edition. Standard editions of FEif should be plentiful like any other game.

I meant to type that, guess I forgot, sorry.

I just found out that they have secretly corrected the right foot of Female Kamui :P

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html

The damage has already been done, nintendo.

You can't run from your past, NINTENDO!!!

I mean, maybe with the proper two feet you can...

Edited by NuggetofButt

But now she's missing a toe

No, it looks to me like it's just obscured. That gave me a good opportunity to look at the corrected foot, though. I think it looks a little sloppy, at least in comparison to the left foot. Anyone else think so, or am I crazy?

No, it looks to me like it's just obscured. That gave me a good opportunity to look at the corrected foot, though. I think it looks a little sloppy, at least in comparison to the left foot. Anyone else think so, or am I crazy?

I agree there, the extta left foot had a better shape to it.

I agree. The fan-made corrected version posted in this thread is so much better.

It's certainly possible, but I'm more concerned as to what way these islands are connected to the plot and such. Since they're rather verdant, I'll say the islands are inside Hoshido, but aside from that I'm not what meaning there is for them to be around.

https://twitter.com/nindori/status/589420240280268800

New information possibly coming in soon via Nintendo Dream magazine.

Hype! Thanks for sharing.

Kinda think they would've put Kamui next to the other lords if they had some new info but you never know!

Edit: lel and then I noticed giant Kamui is the background xD

Edited by Owain Dark

https://twitter.com/nindori/status/589420240280268800

New information possibly coming in soon via Nintendo Dream magazine.

Thank you, that's very interesting indeed. The game isn't that far off in Japan, so I guess some new info should make itself known soon.

Speaking of which, since I wasn't part of the Fire Emblem fandom before the previous installment, how much did we know about Awakening before its Japanese release?

I'm still considering that the majority of the info might be info we already have, but in more detail. However, I don't doubt there will be new information. Heck, we might get some official character art, but don't hold that to me.

Let's see, for Fire Emblem: Awakening we started getting info on it in about February 2012 (well, we got a trailer) and then it released in April, it had initially been announced in 2011, sometime around september or october, iirc. We were steadily getting information on the characters through official art and short summaries of them. We got some info on dlc characters. In the same month of release they revealed that we could get married, set up other characters, and have children that would carry over specific traits. New classes were revealed. And that's all I remember. We got quite a bit of information about the game and story prior to the release, but obviously, none of the meaty stuff was revealed until the game came out.

It's been a longtime so I could be a little off about some things.

Edited by NuggetofButt

So, in light of that, I get the feeling that we could start to see a flow of information starting soon until release based on this two-month-prior-to-release idea. I'm okay with this.

I'm still considering that the majority of the info might be info we already have, but in more detail. However, I don't doubt there will be new information. Heck, we might get some official character art, but don't hold that to me.

Let's see, for Fire Emblem: Awakening we started getting info on it in about February 2012 (well, we got a trailer) and then it released in April, it had initially been announced in 2011, sometime around september or october, iirc. We were steadily getting information on the characters through official art and short summaries of them. We got some info on dlc characters. In the same month of release they revealed that we could get married, set up other characters, and have children that would carry over specific traits. New classes were revealed. And that's all I remember. We got quite a bit of information about the game and story prior to the release, but obviously, none of the meaty stuff was revealed until the game came out.

It's been a longtime so I could be a little off about some things.

Thank you.

While I, too, expect more of what we already know, it doesn't sound impossible that we get to know more about at least some characters and classes.

Ohhhh....This might be a silly question but that 25 on the cover means 25 of April right?

25th anniversary :)

The issue is releasing on the 21st.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd!

Edited by Lushiris