Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

So, do we think the next burst of information will be released...when?

If you look at Awakening's pre-release schedule, it looks like a more regular flow of information about the game started around two months before release. So I'd say we'll start getting some more information pretty soon.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone said anything about the cover art showing the dark knight guy has a purple tome so its possible that dark knights can now use dark magic

I hope so. I thought it was always odd that dark knights couldn't use dark magic.

Has anyone said anything about the cover art showing the dark knight guy has a purple tome so its possible that dark knights can now use dark magic

Actually a few things make me think that Nohr doesn't have access to anima magic at all, and dark magic is the standart there. Like the fact that indeed, the possibly Nohr exclusive Dark knight is seen using dark magic and nothing else(cutscene, cover art, card artwork), the only other magic unit we see from there has a very similar design to Tharja so she's most likely a dark mage, and it generally makes sense considering what their capital city looks like. Marx even uses a dark imbued sword.

I also have to say, the closest thing I've spotted to an early game classic mage is Orochi, which is a little surprising.

Actually a few things make me think that Nohr doesn't have access to anima magic at all, and dark magic is the standart there. Like the fact that indeed, the possibly Nohr exclusive Dark knight is seen using dark magic and nothing else(cutscene, cover art, card artwork), the only other magic unit we see from there has a very similar design to Tharja so she's most likely a dark mage, and it generally makes sense considering what their capital city looks like. Marx even uses a dark imbued sword.

I also have to say, the closest thing I've spotted to an early game classic mage is Orochi, which is a little surprising.

I think ordinary mages also exist in Nohr, this enemy guy standing on the left seems to be wielding a tome, likely Thunder basing on the color:

hoshido4.jpg

They also have mage-like map sprites in other shots.

But I agree that 'Blarth' (can't believe I'm using that word) is definitely using dark magic. However, I don't think it necessarily means that the DK class has access to dark magic now. He could've had Shadowgift or something.

But I agree that 'Blarth' (can't believe I'm using that word) is definitely using dark magic. However, I don't think it necessarily means that the DK class has access to dark magic now. He could've had Shadowgift or something.

Wait, Blarth? What's the kana for that? ブラース? Why, of all things, is Blarth what we're going with? There are a lot of romanization options for that. Why not, say, Brass, instead?

[spoiler=some possible/reasonable romanizations off the top of my head]

Brass, Brath, Bross, Broth, Blass, Blath, Bloss, Bloth, Blarth, Vrath, Vross, Vroth, Vrass, Vlass, Vlath, Vloss, Vloth, Vlarth

Why does Kamui look like he's in pain/he's constipated in his picture? Is it because he knows he's gonna get wrecked by the 8+7 damage?

His turtleneck is slowly choking him to death and then he realized his hair looks ridiculous and that he forgot to cut thigh holes in his armor.

It was a rough day for Kamui's fashion sense.

His turtleneck is slowly choking him to death and then he realized his hair looks ridiculous and that he forgot to cut thigh holes in his armor.

Not to mention the fact that that sword does NOT go with that outfit.

Man, you will just take those potshots at every given opportunity, won't you?

Man, you will just take those potshots at every given opportunity, won't you?

Oh, shamelessly.

But I actually asked myself the very same thing earlier, and I think Joth was right in that the portrait might change if the calculated damage taken is above a certain limit, most likely 50%

Not to mention the fact that that sword does NOT go with that outfit.

Ugh, tell me about it. So far the biggest reason I'm choosing Hoshido first is because Nohr doesn't seem to have any fashion sense to speak of.

The card artwork for pigtails shows her using fire magic

Have we seen any light magic yet? :0

Perhaps that spell Orochi cast in the first trailer is some derivative of light magic? Nowi and Tiki are divine dragons, however, their breath is ice-like. Orochi's rat spell has similar ice chunks fly off once it hits that enemy so maybe those Hoshido Mages are light affiliated? Perhaps they have an innate class ability to use light magic like Dark Mages have the innate ability to use Dark Magic. It kinda makes sense since there is the whole black-white contrast going on in this game.

Also, Anima magic could be usable by both the Hoshido and Nohr mages.

Edited by Leif

While we're talking about bringing things back, I recall someone somewhere mentioning halberdiers returning; is that confirmed?

Yeah, I want my soldiers back. I loved Aran and Nephenee from RD and Donnel was pretty good for being a first tier soldier equivalent in Awakening.

While anima and light magic clearly haven't been in the spotlight, we sure have seen a lot of physical weapons seemingly imbued with an element. Marx's sword, Ryouma's, Rinka's mace, maybeTakumi's bow, possibly Orochi's fan thingie... might just be for the pretties, but still, that seems unusual.

Edited by Cysx

While anima and light magic clearly haven't been in the spotlight, we sure have seen a lot of physical weapons seemingly imbued with an element. Marx's sword, Ryouma's, Rinka's mace, Takumi's bow, possibly Orochi's fan thingie... might just be for the pretties, but still, that seems unusual.

Orochi's "Fan" is not really a fan. It looks like a collection of spell tablets. It's the eastern equivalent of a tome. If you watch the first trailer, you see the fan disassemble and rotate in the air in a circle then reassemble back into the fan shape. I don't think she actually hits foes with it.