Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

I think ordinary mages also exist in Nohr, this enemy guy standing on the left seems to be wielding a tome, likely Thunder basing on the color:

hoshido4.jpg

They also have mage-like map sprites in other shots.

But I agree that 'Blarth' (can't believe I'm using that word) is definitely using dark magic. However, I don't think it necessarily means that the DK class has access to dark magic now. He could've had Shadowgift or something.

ehh, i'm assuming it's plegia-like-- mainly dark magic use/ reliance, with some anima magics thrown in in some places.

as for orochi... i'm assuming new class, or retcon of a class? but there was a rat being shoved towards the enemy, so i'm leaning towards new class.

Edited by falcoknights

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people were thinking the purple armor knight was a halb back when we had the first trailer.

serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/feif-april043.jpg

the armor that she's wearing does seem pretty light for a knight. i would love to see the soldier class return.

as for the whole dark and light magic theory, I feel like this game will have all the classes be split between Nohr and Hoshido, with some classes remaining universal. we can look at the siblings for the best example. Camilla is a wyvern class of some kind, while Hinoka is a Pegasus rider of some kind. "Blarth" is a mage class while Takumi?(has his name been confirmed yet?) is an archer, so maybe Nohr will rely on magic more while Hoshido will rely on archery and whatever Orochi is. and finally "Twin tails" is a troubadour while Sakura, as I pointed out earlier, appears to be a different type of healing class. so in general, the classes that mirror each other (like myrmidon and Mercenary, Fighter and Barbarian) will be split to different areas.

Edited by jessehyuga

the armor that she's wearing does seem pretty light for a knight. i would love to see the soldier class return.

It's just FE13's armorknight with less pauldron... thing.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kjelle-confession.png(jelly's confession where she has her pauldrons off.)

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/nohr5.jpg

(I'm assuming a little here, but it looks like her map sprite is very armorknight-y)

It's just FE13's armorknight with less pauldron... thing.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kjelle-confession.png(jelly's confession where she has her pauldrons off.)

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/nohr5.jpg

(I'm assuming a little here, but it looks like her map sprite is very armorknight-y)

hmm... then I guess your right on that one. at least they got rid of those RIDICULOUS shoulder pads. still would love for the soldier class to return, however unlikely.

as for orochi... i'm assuming new class, or retcon of a class? but there was a rat being shoved towards the enemy, so i'm leaning towards new class.

orochi's class is probably just the Hoshido version of mage with the hoshido tome equivalent.

And sorry for the nitpick but its a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

How the heck could a class in a new game (quite possibly even in a new FE universe) be an example of Retroactive continuity?(retcon)

Sorry again but that is one of the words that have certain implications that get thrown around for too freely and oftentimes inaccurately IMO.

Orochi's "Fan" is not really a fan. It looks like a collection of spell tablets. It's the eastern equivalent of a tome. If you watch the first trailer, you see the fan disassemble and rotate in the air in a circle then reassemble back into the fan shape. I don't think she actually hits foes with it.

Well it is the only time we see her weapon at all isn't it? This was mostly a supposition based on her attack looking so different from the magic we're used to see, and apparently being ice-based of all things. The unique way she attacks seems like it could be how this type of weapons discharges its element or something. That being said, that doesn't really sound any different from magic being cast from a tome, in the end.

Really my point is, a focus on elemental weapons seems like it may be one of this game's specificity, and Orochi's attack looks like something fairly different from what we're used to see; so maybe they're the same thing. But that's a complete guess.

Takumi?(has his name been confirmed yet?)

No, I don't think it has. I forgot the "maybe" this time around.

(Guess I'll just edit this):

Here's something about the lifebars that are very likely Ryouma and Marx's at the top of the screen here(thanks to Sunwoo for making me notice that)

Jan_008.jpg

... going off of Awakening's code of colors for health -which completely matches up with If's as far as I'm aware- their coloring puts them in the 30 to 39 range of HP. In comparison, Basilio and Flavia start off with 56(61 with skills) and 48 respectively, in normal mode. In the trailers, Ryouma noticeably shares that health bar coloring with Nohr's designated Jeigan and Camilla(also some blond axefighter we know nothing about). Most other units have at least 20 HP.

Just food for thought.

Once again, sorry if this is old information.

Edited by Cysx

So right now the game is gonna be for all 3ds models and are they selling the game seprately (for example Pokemon X and Y)?

So right now the game is gonna be for all 3ds models and are they selling the game seprately (for example Pokemon X and Y)?

Yes and "yes, in Japan at least".

There were rumblings that the international release will only be sold as one version, but I haven't found any concrete confirmation.

The two versions thing doesn't bother me that much. It's basically two new FE games. But I'm glad that we're sure it works on all 3DS consoles, because I love FE, but not enough to get a job to earn over $200 just to play the same game.

hoshido4.jpg

It seems that HP will not be the only factor that will determine whether you have a sad expression or not(like when you took a lot of damage in Awakening the units started to have more pained face)Look at the attack the opponents have

Also in the First trailer the thief had a pained expression even though he had full HP probably because of the weapon advantage.

But it probably changes the expression of the one who has the disadvantage because...Jan_008.jpg

Or Kamui is just dizzy from doing somersaults when attacking his opponents. As you can see, he's holding his sword behind his back because he's thinking about giving up.

Seriously though nothing about Kamui makes sense.

Anywho, we talked about the constipated pained expressions earlier, I believe we agreed it most likely has to do with the calculate damage taken; I'd wager that an attack that does above 50% would make the character look like...that.

This was already discussed actually(page 3 of the "Let's talk about the status screen" thread, which is on page 2 of the forum at the moment).

We concluded that these expressions were likely due to damage dealt being lower than damage taken, since it fit in all three examples that we could find(the Hinoka image not being one of them since no distraught faces can be found in it). The weapon triangle could have some importance in this as well, though.

Edit: Saisou'd

Edited by Cysx

Has anyone said anything about the cover art showing the dark knight guy has a purple tome so its possible that dark knights can now use dark magic

i'm not so sure that means dark magic-- the tiny mu sprites show the tactician carrying a dark tome, but tactician's can't use d. magic.

i'm not so sure that means dark magic-- the tiny mu sprites show the tactician carrying a dark tome, but tactician's can't use d. magic.

Huh? The tactician map sprite isn't carrying any weapon. serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/InigoMap.png (picked Inigo because just Robin isn't on SF)

Also, Dark Knight boy is shown using purple magic in his TCG art and in a CG scene in the trailer.

Edited by L95

Huh? The tactician map sprite isn't carrying any weapon. serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/InigoMap.png (picked Inigo because just Robin isn't on SF)Also, Dark Knight boy is shown using purple magic in his TCG art and in a CG scene in the trailer.

Maybe he in particular has Shadow Gift... He seems very powerful in the trailer, anyway, so it seems like he'd be someone with a special magic ability.

Interview with IS developers (by 4Gamer):

http://www.4gamer.ne...91/20150427113/

There're also a lot of talking about FE:if on the 3rd page it seems, though I don't know if there are any new information. Can't translate any of those though XD

EDIT: Some translations/observations in this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53457

Edited by Ryo

Huh? The tactician map sprite isn't carrying any weapon. serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/InigoMap.png (picked Inigo because just Robin isn't on SF)

Also, Dark Knight boy is shown using purple magic in his TCG art and in a CG scene in the trailer.

portrait! i meant portrait. whoops.

Seems like the Nohr side will feature plenty of different types of objectives, while the Hoshido side will mostly have rout and defeat the general. I would've preferred both versions to have more variation, but I'm at least happy it has been confirmed for one route.

Still depressed about World Map being Hoshido-exclusive. How do you imagine the two versions can connect if one side has the opportunity to grind on the World Map and one doesn't? Seems unfair that the more difficult game has the most limited Experience available.

That's probably where part of the difficulty comes from, lol. You actually have to think about how to distribute your available exp.

Oh. I'm a bit slow, haha. I was categorizing difficulty and experience availability separately. Thanks for clarifying.

So hey, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but I'm going to anyways.

Let's start with this picture:

Now, this is one of the earliest pictures we had, and in it, we can see Felica waking up Kamui, notice in the background the blue-haired girl. Felica's portrait obscures her face a bit but you can clearly see a blue-haired maid in the background (Has that typical maid hair band so it's not Aqua)

Now let's look at the boxart for both versions:

Now, on Hoshido's boxart, we can see all the Hoshidan characters as well as Felica. On Nohr's we see all the Nohr Characters as well as the blue-haired maid. It's sort of minor, but I think this'll mean that whichever side you pick means you get a different hand maid (with you either having to take back or kill the other one).

Also there are two characters on both boxarts that we don't know anything about. The Purple-haired lance guy (Who might be a knight or a general) for Nohr and a weird cravat/scarf(???) dude for Hoshido. The scarf dude is especially of interest as he is definitely NOT from Hoshido (completely different style of clothing and his face looks nothing like that of the others) so he could possibly be a defector from Nohr.