Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Have just seen the trailer now . And all i can think is : "OMG how can i suppose to wait until 2016 ? Maybe i'll have to buy a japanese version to enjoy first "

The gameplay looks like it has some developements .

• Male pegasus
  • Main character is a unicorn or dragon ( whatever it's )
  • Fighting animation is better ( the assassin or ninja'scene )
  • New weapons.
  • Better characters design.
  • A lot of more .

As a Fire emblem franchise fan , i recommend it . It's the first fire emblem game that has a story choice system. Nintendo doesn't disappoint fan . Good job !

I didn't notice the pegasus dude the first time. Hmm..I wonder if this means gender gating is out the door altogether or if the women get a new class that's just theirs or if they get access to one of the mens previously gated ones.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice the pegasus dude the first time. Hmm..I wonder if this means gender gating is out the door altogether or if the women get a new class that's just theirs or if they get access to one of the mens previously gated ones.

There's a couple of seemingly unpromoted female axe classes on foot, and judging by the map sprites resemble fighter/barbarian, so it seems that gendergating might just be gone altogether.

I'm still not sure what to do.

I'll get the Japanese version for sure. I also want to buy a New 3DS and I was waiting to see if they would announce a Fire Emblem edition. They didn't during this direct. Does that mean there won't be one? But, I'm quite sure there should at least be coverplates for the small version. So, that might make it safe to buy the small version when I go to Japan in a couple of days.

But, given how everyhting looks with the two Hoshida and Nohr fractions I bet they will release a white and a black coverplate. Which makes the decision on which color of the New 3DS to buy much harder until I know what they look like. I'm going crazy.

So it seems enemies can get pair up as well...I kinda like this, since whoever we're facing, they're a country whose motives we understand and whose people we know. Even the faceless mooks have friends and allies.

There's a couple of seemingly unpromoted female axe classes on foot, and judging by the map sprites resemble fighter/barbarian, so it seems that gendergating might just be gone altogether.

Oooh. This will be fun. I wonder if it's because they didn't want to limit the avatars class options and figured "well we might as well let everyone be everything"

Edited by Eveangaline

It is…suspicious…that they didn’t mention anything wrt 2 games in the NA direct. Surely it impacts sales more if they obscure the information at first (in an obvious manner, given the JP direct), then go ahead and make it happen anyway? It’s fairly obvious that people don’t actually want meaningful “choices” (with literal costs), they want choice, but also impermanent decisions-the potential to go back and do differently (without paying more).

It wouldn’t be that surprising to me if it’s like a Tactics Ogre: LUCT or Bravely Default thing where some stuff is added already, but I suppose it depends on exactly how many differences or extras there are. Pokemon like (though people do buy both and also the marginally changed 3rd version too) or more Oracle of Ages/Season-like or something inbetween.

Eh, don’t really care myself, if it’s more or less blatant than microtransactions. The content is what ultimately matters. People pay 5 dollars for just 3 chapters of Future Past, or even stuff far less substantial.

Gameplay-wise, the main noteworthy thing so far is Pair up to enemies. I like it thematically in this case, but it is very dangerous mechanistically, if one thinks about it. The stat boosts are replicable by stat inflation (which has its own pros/cons). Dual Strikes are basically procs. Dual Guard is the problem. Are they going to effectively cap hit rates at 50-90% depending on Support rank? The RNG would be immense.

The screenshots suggest to me they’re changing some of the mechanics though, so we’ll see…

Edited by XeKr

Has anyone tried to translate all of the dialogues & cutscenes in the trailer? If yes, can someone direct me to it? Thanks!

None that I know of yet, but I can do a quick translation here.

0:49 : Empress "Thank goodness"

0:54 : Garon"You'll live, but as my child that is"

0:58 : Kamui"I was born in Hoshido, and raised in Nohr..."

1:03 : Marx "Well done, Kamui. You've gotten stronger."

1:04 : Camilla "Are you alright? Kamui... I was really worried..."

1:08 : Ryouma "...I'm Ryouma. Your older brother."

1:09 : Hinoka "Again...we meet... always... always... I...

(can't quite catch what Sakura says)

1:15 :

Ryouma: this way!

Sakura: nii-sama!

Marx: come back.

Twintails: onii-chan!

The kanji in Kamui's lines are level a tad too high levelled for me, but they're basically 'I'll go with the Hoshido' and 'I'll go with the Nohr'.

1:28 : Marx "You traitor..."

1:29 : Ryouma "Come at me... Kamui."

EDIT! 1:40 : Hoshido archer "The one who betrayed Hoshido, just you will...!" (this line is a very bad translation, as it can mean a lot of things in the original lines depending on context. Also, archer referred to Hoshido as 'byakuya' here so I got confused)

1:44 : Marx "That 'justice' that you believe in... you should apply it accordingly!"

Edited by sofutoppai

I am curious about about something.Kamui has pointy ears(like manaketes since he can transform into a dragon) but so does Marx(and I think the blonde guy next to him).If Kamui was born in Hoshido but raised along with Marx why do they share this trait?

So Kamui being kidnapped as a kid is much confirmed :0

Naming Kamui Altenna

I wonder if it confirms that the man getting pelted with arrows his Kamui's father. His hairstyle is definitely reminiscent of Ryouma's

EDIT: His sword also seems to be the same lightning katana Ryouma is shown using.

Edited by LuxSpes

I am curious about about something.Kamui has pointy ears(like manaketes since he can transform into a dragon) but so does Marx(and I think the blonde guy next to him).If Kamui was born in Hoshido but raised along with Marx why do they share this trait?

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr0.jpg

I don't see pointed ears on Max

Edited by L95

I wonder if it confirms that the man getting pelted with arrows his Kamui's father. His hairstyle is definitely reminiscent of Ryouma's

EDIT: His sword also seems to be the same lightning katana Ryouma is shown using.

Makes sense to me, maybe Garon murdered him with his army and shit happens later on.

I guess you are right.They looked pointed at first to me.

Also that purple haired woman is apparently a D.Rider http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/nohr5.jpg

I will make a guess and say that Kamui's 3 skills are Aptitude,Rightful King and Dragon’s vein(the one he used to create the bridge)

Edited by JayTheKing

Makes sense to me, maybe Garon murdered him with his army and shit happens later on.

If it took an army to take down Kamui's(supposed) father then daaaaaaaaamn he must've been a total badass. But I wonder why Garon did that in the first place. There's been no definite reason as to why you were raised by Nohr royalty other than you were there and stuff happened. Maybe Kamui's some sort of weird hostage or something...

I'm pretty surprised Kamui knows hes of Nohr heritage from the get-go.

You mean Hoshido?

Maybe his family is actually really honest? Marx doesn't seem like a bad guy, unlike Garon...

I'm pretty surprised Kamui knows hes of Nohr heritage from the get-go.

While animation makes telling race difficult, I assume the actual characters in the fictional world can tell who is what race by looking at them. So it'd be hard to hide (I admit I am kind of assuming that one side is more east asian looking in race and one side is more roman looking. I could be wrong, I mean it's a fictional world they can do what they want)

Slight, theory here...

The female ruler of the Hoshido (Hoshido? Hoshidan? I dunno) what if she's... Your mother?

And the man executed in the Trailer, in the Nohr Kingdom, what if he's the father of both you and Ryouma?

Would it not be fitting if Ryouma, the eldest child, took up the lightning sword, which could very well be the family sword?

EDIT

If you buy the digital version,which has both paths, you have to spend the same amount of money you would spend if you bought the physical version which has one path.Lovely....

No, from what I understood, the digital version contains one of the two paths you choose, and the game is limited to the side you favor, but if you want to get the other path you'll have to buy it with a special discount. So essentially, it's the same thing as buying both copies.

If it took an army to take down Kamui's(supposed) father then daaaaaaaaamn he must've been a total badass. But I wonder why Garon did that in the first place. There's been no definite reason as to why you were raised by Nohr royalty other than you were there and stuff happened. Maybe Kamui's some sort of weird hostage or something...

Slight, theory here...

The female ruler of the Hoshido (Hoshido? Hoshidan? I dunno) what if she's... Your mother?

And the man executed in the Trailer, in the Nohr Kingdom, what if he's the father of both you and Ryouma?

Would it not be fitting if Ryouma, the eldest child, took up the lightning sword, which could very well be the family sword?

This is what I was thinking, the part that the dead Hoshidan (?) is a legendary hero or descendant of some legendary hero, and heir to the monado lightning sword. Perhaps both Garon and the slain swordsman are descendants of heroes, same thing with Marx and Ryouma. But, the question is, now, about Kamui's dragon blood. Edited by Quintessence