Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Looking at the boxarts in the official site, it seems this game is rated C by CERO (translated to ages 15 and up), as compared to Awakening's B (ages 12 and up). This is probably the result of Camilla's outfit lol.

Has the amiibo logo always been on the boxes? Amazon JP has it too, but not under details "From the manufacturer".

Regardless, how would any be incorporated? Marth and Lucina are already DLC characters via FE 0 (cipher).

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the amiibo logo always been on the boxes? Amazon JP has it too, but not under details "From the manufacturer".

Regardless, how would any be incorporated? Marth and Lucina are already DLC characters via FE 0 (cipher).

Nope, it wasn't there previously: http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fire-emblem-if/

Does this confirm amiibo compatibility? Sorry I'm not familiar with amiibo in general.

Edited by Ryo

Nope, it wasn't there previously: http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fire-emblem-if/

Does this confirm amiibo compatibility? Sorry I'm not familiar with amiibo in general.

Yeah, any game with that logo is compatible with amiibo, although I've only seen Japanese boxes (this and Xenoblade) with it.

So, would a character unlock a unit or something?

Yeah, any game with that logo is compatible with amiibo, although I've only seen Japanese boxes (this and Xenoblade) with it.

So, would a character unlock a unit or something?

Oh yeeeees, looks like I have some purchasing to do... Already have a New 3DS >:D

Thanks to this high-quality image of the face plate, we can now see that butler boy is carrying a sword, though it's pretty obscure. I wonder what kind of class is he?

feif-faceplate2.jpg

Wait, ''only for new 3ds''??? what about the 3 ds XL I have right now... or I misunderstands something obvious here.

Wait, ''only for new 3ds''??? what about the 3 ds XL I have right now... or I misunderstands something obvious here.

Yes, the face plates are only for the regular New 3DS. Any other system in the 3DS family or even the New 3DS XL won't be able to use it.

Looking at the boxarts in the official site, it seems this game is rated C by CERO (translated to ages 15 and up), as compared to Awakening's B (ages 12 and up). This is probably the result of Camilla's outfit lol.

I might be blind, but to me it seems like it's saying 審査予定 (rating pending) on that specific picture, not Cero C, which would look like http://i.imgur.com/KtxNJwM.png

Unless you're talking about a different picture xD

On the Serenes frontpage there's a better image of it.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/hoshido-w-amiibo.jpg

Looks like yours!

I love that Aqua art. It's interesting to see that she also has the spear/pointy staff in her official character art. I wonder if she'll actually be using that in battle? She looks more like a dancer/bard class, but we've never had any prominently featuring a weapon before.

Thanks to this high-quality image of the face plate, we can now see that butler boy is carrying a sword, though it's pretty obscure. I wonder what kind of class is he?

It seems a bit small and he wears the sheath quite low for a sword; maybe it's a knife. Either way he's quite the handsome fellow, I can see him becoming extremely popular as long as he doesn't suck

As for the face plates coming out in Europe, considering the upper part is written in a lot of languages from around there, that seems likely. I guess. Not sure why the top right is written in english and french specifically though.

"The promised limited edition bundle, which contains all three scenarios, has sold out across Japan including two separate releases on amazon.jp."

...I'm lucky I was able to get a preorder in.

It sold out 5 HOURS AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT.

Amiibo support confirmed... damn.

Here's hoping they keep it clean and not lock away additional gameplay with these things like they do with Splatoon and Codename: Steam.

One random item per figure, like in Hyrule Warriors. That's acceptable.

CERO is more an industry standard (like the ESRB), and not a government ratings board (like PEGI). It's quite possible that they've just had some staff changes, resulting in more prudish ratings. Haven't a lot of JRPGs from series that are historically B12+ been getting C15+?

Edited by Blarth

"The promised limited edition bundle, which contains all three scenarios, has sold out across Japan including two separate releases on amazon.jp."

...I'm lucky I was able to get a preorder in.

It sold out 5 HOURS AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT.

Yeah, I managed to get a preorder in because I couldn't sleep at like 3 AM and play-asia happened to restock it <.<

I found like 5 different sites that had preorders (which were all either "out of stock" or "not available") and put myself on the mailing list for when pre-orders were available again. Two of them became available and then were all sold out before I saw the email and got to the site but I was able to order it in time from the third one that sent me an email.

The Nintendo website says that the regular 3DS systems("require an additional peripheral device") will be compatible with amiibo so that means I don't have to buy a New 3DS. Hopefully the extra things we get from amiibo isn't too major like an extra chapter or something because that would suck.

I found like 5 different sites that had preorders (which were all either "out of stock" or "not available") and put myself on the mailing list for when pre-orders were available again. Two of them became available and then were all sold out before I saw the email and got to the site but I was able to order it in time from the third one that sent me an email.

Play-Asia had it on huge markup on restocking. I got mine in on the first restock.

That sucks, but that's what happens on limited bundles.

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/115301347045/looks-like-im-not-playing-it-on-release-day

Edited by shadowofchaos