Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

For some reason I'm imagining a situation like Lucia's in Radiant Dawn, except instead of rescue at last second they're actually going to do it. Maybe have something happen like Ned Stark in GoT?

There was that scene in the trailer with some unfortunate dude getting BOMBARDED by fucking arrows. 8U; Shocked me pretty good at least, showing such a violent death on screen, even if we do not see it directly, only from behind the victim. If there are more violent cutscenes like that, wouldn't surprise me that it would merit a higher rating.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Swords being strong against Bows...

Is it entirely possible that everything is strong against bows at close range, and bows would be strong against all non-long range weapons at long range? That would certainly make archers/bow users more interesting to use.

So out of curiosity, do you think we'll start getting any interesting news about the game sometime soon or will IS keep things under wraps until closer to the release date? I'd at least like to start getting little tidbits about the characters.

It could go either way really; Nintendo is always difficult to guess.

At the very least, we will almost definitely get some new information a month before the game hits shelves. So around 25th May.

I seriously hope we don't have to wait that long though... The April Direct was a month and a bit ago : /

Well, we did have the 4Gamer interview too, but that was mostly a lot of teasing.

Edited by VincentASM

At least the wait won't be as dreadful as when the game was first announced. There was zero information for almost 3 months XD

Yeah. I'm also dreading the wait for the game to come to the states. I didn't play Awakening or really even become aware of it until over a year after it was released in the west. However, that's not the case this time and I really hope it doesn't take nearly a year like Awakening did to get a western release.

I imagine someone making a non-spoiler thread once the game has been released in Japan, at the very least.

I wonder if they'll show us anything at E3...

E3 would be nice, but I'd wager it's too early to show off the Western build. Maybe they'll just have the Japanese version?

I hope it's there anyway, so we can get some high res assets XD

So out of curiosity, do you think we'll start getting any interesting news about the game sometime soon or will IS keep things under wraps until closer to the release date? I'd at least like to start getting little tidbits about the characters.

I imagine that after Code Name: STEAM releases in Japan the pre-release machine will get in gear.

E3 would be nice, but I'd wager it's too early to show off the Western build. Maybe they'll just have the Japanese version?

I hope it's there anyway, so we can get some high res assets XD

We did get a trailer in Japanese with some English text, so I don't see why they can't do the same with gameplay. Of course, by that time Intelligent System might have already released all the information they are willing to share, but I guess they'll continue trying to build some hype after Awakening's success here in the west.

Edited by Thane

For some reason I don't really feel this game will have a strong presence at E3. (though, thinking about it again, Nintendo just has E3 directs now, so there might be a better chance of it showing up than I realize?)

I think it will appear in a Nintendo E3 Direct at least and we will maybe will have confirmation if the western release will be of two games or only the two-game-in-one edition

I like how we seem to be getting a steady stream of information of late. Way better than the three months of silence that went by after the initial announcement.

But I crave more.

More I tells ya!

We should be getting official art soon I imagine, and probably names. Hopefully some magazine will have a scoop later this month, since I think the Splatoon Direct is the only one they'll do before E3. Wonder if they'll have it in their presentation/Treehouse?

I'm just busy getting through finals at school. Once the madness is over, I'll probably resume my hype addiction.

Same here, friend. Hopefully, we'll have even more information to talk about after all the craziness is over.

Same here, friend. Hopefully, we'll have even more information to talk about after all the craziness is over.

I only have one more test to suffer through next Wednesday. Unfortunately, I have to answer about 55 multiple choice questions, read 5 passages, and write 3 essays... All in the same topic, which is English(language and comp), which is my worst subject T_T