Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the wording's a bit funny, but I don't think it's racist or intended to be racist... and I'm an Asian XD

At least it's not people using "Jap" as shorthand for Japanese...

But I do agree Hoshido and Chon'sin are purposefully modeled after Japan/Asian culture. Yen'fay in particular really gives off a proto-Hoshido vibe to me.

I just re-read my post, I totally fucked up my wording there lmao, anyway, I meant their clothing having a general aesthetic resemblance due to having the same inspiration (and if two things have the same inspiration they're expected to look similar).

Edited by L95

I was just pointing out the "all Asians look alike" stereotype. I know it wasn't intentional, and sorry if I caused confusion.

I was saying that designs based off the same source would of course look alike :c

I hope the official site updates with profiles soon.

Edited by L95

Just a small heads up.

On the 21st, the latest issues of Dengeki and Nintendo Dream will be covering Fire Emblem if too. From the looks of things, it's just the same stuff Famitsu is covering, but maybe there will be stuff Famitsu didn't have.

Edited by VincentASM
Too tired

"21th"

I just want character artwork, but I suppose since we already got the royal family, we could hope (emphasis on hope) for info on more secondary characters.

"21th"

I just want character artwork, but I suppose since we already got the royal family, we could hope (emphasis on hope) for info on more secondary characters.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Nintendo Dream, being a monthly publication, rarely has anything new. Plus I think either it or Dengeki mentioned its scoop was "the Avatar, Aqua and 8 royal family members", so yeah...

But, if you like artwork in general, I would recommend importing the latest Nintendo Dream (July 2015 issue). Unless I was dreaming, you get a 100+ artbook with art from previous games and Fire Emblem if.

Maybe we'll get a screenshot where Cav boy's name isn't obscured, at least :B

Oh yeah, that's entirely possible. Unless Nintendo purposely told everyone to cover it up j/k

Edited by VincentASM

Someone commented on this page that his name might be Aquinas (アキナス).

I knew it! I definitely noticed the "a" "no and "su". I suspected that the second character would be "ki". Good job figuring it out.

Edited by Leif

The second character cannot be a キ, because we can see a straight line and Ki isn't written with a straight line in that font(thanks Tsubaki). I can only see it being a イ or a ト. I think I see a very tiny slight part of the upper line of a イ, but that may just be me.

The first character could be an ア, but it's very difficult to say for sure.

The third one could be a lot of things.

Haven't the japanese tried to figure that one out or something? It should be considerably easier for them.

Edited by Cysx

Haven't the japanese tried to figure that one out or something? It should be considerably easier for them.

Of course. They've deduced there are at least a dozen (if not, a hundred) possibilities : P

My favourite guess is Eins (アインス), since it's "one" in German and if he's from a Abel/Cain pair, his counterpart could be Zwei (two). ...And because it's the name of a Deadlord from FE4/5/13.

Of course. They've deduced there are at least a dozen (if not, a hundred) possibilities : P

My favourite guess is Eins (アインス), since it's "one" in German and if he's from a Abel/Cain pair, his counterpart could be Zwei (two). ...And because it's the name of a Deadlord from FE4/5/13.

Oh gods, if things got so bad that summoning the Deadlords would improve the situation... things have gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Make it happen, IS!

Hey man, German is badass.

Ich bin bergsteigen heute gegangen.

You don't even know what that says, but it sounds cool. If they're gonna use some "cool"-sounding German names, though, they should have characters named, like, "Orangensaft" or "Scheußlich". Just kidding. I'm liking the names they have for the Nohr characters. Not too Engrish-y.

I actually love the idea of Phoenix Mode. I'd be willing to START on Lunatic, instead of easing my way through Hard Mode like I did in Awakening. :v God, but so many people complaining like morons over Phoenix mode...you DO realize it's optional, right? If you don't want to use it, don't. Just don't get on a fucking high horse and act like you're superior because you don't like a feature you won't use. Jeez, just live and let live!

Hey man, German is badass.

Ich bin bergsteigen heute gegangen.

You don't even know what that says, but it sounds cool. If they're gonna use some "cool"-sounding German names, though, they should have characters named, like, "Orangensaft" or "Scheußlich". Just kidding. I'm liking the names they have for the Nohr characters. Not too Engrish-y.

"Klassenprojekt" sounds also really great.

Yeah, German sounds badass, French sounds dignified, and English sounds cool.

"Klassenprojekt" sounds also really great.

Yeah, German sounds badass, French sounds dignified, and English sounds cool.

Digni-what now ? To me French always sounds rather... brutish. And I'm french.

Though I agree that German and English are super-badass.

Edited by B.Leu