Is it just me or...

Did this trailer sort of give the feel that this would be Fate/Shin Emblem? In other-words, that while the series would pay homage to FE, it would be basically going its own direction while only drawing inspiration from it instead of being a true crossover or even meshing of the series?

I mean, I kind of knew it wasn't going to be a perfect crossover, and would have been sad if it was little more than one of the games with names pasted over some characters, but something just feels... off... Maybe it's because of that one scene where the girl jumps onto a pegasus and has it transform into a flying motorcycle that's causing me to flash back to Saber chasing Rider in Fate/Zero, maybe the fear of seeing Paladins get their horses replaced with motorcycles, or the possibility of seeing Marth summoned as a 'Saber-class' servant... but something seems a bit too... Fate-y to feel right.

I mean, I kind of knew it wasn't going to be a perfect crossover, and would have been sad if it was little more than one of the games with names pasted over some characters, but something just feels... off... Maybe it's because of that one scene where the girl jumps onto a pegasus and has it transform into a flying motorcycle that's causing me to flash back to Saber chasing Rider in Fate/Zero, maybe the fear of seeing Paladins get their horses replaced with motorcycles, or the possibility of seeing Marth summoned as a 'Saber-class' servant... but something seems a bit too... Fate-y to feel right.

Looked more like they became the FE characters, Persona style. One of the big things about Fate is getting to actually know the Servants and coming to care about them. The trailer gave off no impression of that.

No. Though it does mean swordsmasters will finally excel at something.

Being picked on by everyone else? Being exploited as the face of the franchise for monetary gains over and over? Everyone having the same face?

According to the new trailer:

It feels sometimes like a bad JRPG, other times like a bad Japanese/Korean cutsy MMORPG, and other times like a modern times AU Fire Emblem fanfic about SuperRoy (and his abs), Young Sigurd, Caeda, and some sort of funky pop-rock star and how they live in this weird Blade Runner/Akira-ish future/modern world in which everybody worships Tiki because she showed up and blew up old Tokyo (prompting them to build Neo-Tokyo) and that Grangel was mutated by a secret anime-ish government project and/or when he transported over to the modern world from the FE world and now he's the big baddie (just as much a Deus Ex Machina as before). Oh and Aversa just kinda appeared...

The Fire Emblem connection? Dunno, maybe the use of characters and concepts maybe? I think Berwick Saga was more Fire Emblem-esque than this thing probably will be... I'm not sure if I should root for it or wish it'll never be localized and instead be known as the worst experimental crossover of all time...

Edited by Doctor Robert

Overall it looks like its going to be SMT with some abstract personafications of FE characters(like Gangrel being a head or aversa being a dark pegasus centaur),while the main characters will have access to the fe character classes.

It was a weird idea to begin with. Just a far stranger execution. I'm abit disapointed that I dont get to see ephiram fight alongside jack frost. But hey, they just showed me

a pegasus turn into a futuristic flying motorcycle chariot thing, I didn't even know I wanted that until they showed it to me.

It was a weird idea to begin with. Just a far stranger execution. I'm abit disapointed that I dont get to see ephiram fight alongside jack frost. But hey, they just showed me

a pegasus turn into a futuristic flying motorcycle chariot thing, I didn't even know I wanted that until they showed it to me.

Fire Emblem on Motorcycles!

FE and SMT wasn't that weird of an idea, because Atlus has made a TRPG similar to Fire Emblem in the past called Majin Tensei. Only the humans are required to live, and all demons suffered permadeath. Though they also had the fortune of being easy to recruit. Heck it's the one game where demons can wear armor and weapons just like the humans.

The first was an after the end scenario where Satan on Gods orders was supposed to kill all humans, while time travel shenanigans was the root cause of the second.

Edited by JupiterKnight