The Maids

Bloo

So, in this image:

fire-emblem-felicia.jpg

We can see two maids, one with pink hair and one with blue. (Pink hair was fan translated to Felicia, I believe.)

However, on the box arts from the official sites:

pkg.jpg

We can see pink hair on the art for the Hoshido game, and blue hair on the art for the Nohr game.

However, they seem to be working in tandem to wake up Kamui earlier, so could the two sides be in cahoots for a period up until [national relationship breaking event].

Thoughts?

It'd make sense, especially considering the digital version doesn't make you pick a side until Chapter 6. I'd assume up until then, the sides are either trying to come to peaceful terms or had already been on a tenuous non-aggression pact.

Well, it would definitely make sense since you don't pick a side until Chapter 6. More than likely the breakdown was the Nohr faction's fault.

I'd be going with the option that once you choose a side one or the other accompanies you depending on your choice.

What I mean is that their actions wouldn't make sense.

Since they wear identical Western-style outfits, I think it's safe to assume that both of them are from Nohr. While I can understand that if you choose Hoshido, Felicia stays with you and the other maid returns to Nohr due to her loyalty. However, if you choose Nohr, none of the maids have any reason to deflect to the other side, since they can still follow you without having to betray their country, which is the much easier option.

Edited by Ryo

i just took a look at the images and this is apparently a battle where you play as Nohr soldiers. Felicia is still there for some reasons.

rFacG5N.jpg

Edited by Ryo

I have a theory. What if Felicia is actually a spy from Hoshido sent to retrieve you. That's how you go to the Hoshido side and meet your real kin before you have to actually make a decision. This is also theorizing you get to spend time with both factions before making your big decision.

It may be both stay with you. It's not unreasonable to think that there might be some characters whose loyalty to you is greater than their loyalty to their country.

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

Probably only one is going to stay in order to drive home that you will be cutting off ties. Both sides have characters that are obvious parallels to one another so it would make sense for the maids to also reflect that.