What do you find fun in For Glory?

FlipFlopMist

There's a lot of stuff that can Jarate us off in For Glory, play styles, certain ditto matches, certain characters, not having any walls to jump on when you're playing as Little Mac... But what do you find fun?

Certain character matchup's, just how things pan out in fights, what gives you good feelings? Do you have a specific story to share?

For me, it's playing as Kirby and running into a Shulk-even when I don't manage to copy the Arts, the matchup always puts a smile on my face.

Edited by FlipFlopMist

When players don't go to the edge and constantly camp or projectile spam.

Beating these people is usually a great feeling, though.

I like fighting people who use at least a few different characters, stay for multiple matches, and are around my skill level. Bonus points if we make a silent pact to taunt at the start of each match.

Beating these people is usually a great feeling, though.I like fighting people who use at least a few different characters, stay for multiple matches, and are around my skill level. Bonus points if we make a silent pact to taunt at the start of each match.

Silent pacts are the best moments. For me, I'm ok when I fine people who are competent at the game(no spamming, no taunt spaming, no constant dodge rolls, knows how to use a character).

• 1 month later...

Personally, I like gimping on For Glory (though I don't like getting gimped myself). Spiking, Stage-spiking, or even cheap tricks with Ganondorf for example all make those games memorable to myself. I find landing those moves to be pretty funny and really satisfying. It's as if I feed off the rage of my opponents on For Glory.

I still remember this For-Glory match where I two-stocked a Robin in 53 seconds by Shulk-spiking him twice. Fun times! XD

Edited by Chrom

I just really like playing against people around my skill level who use a variety of strategies/characters. That's not to say I like everyone switching characters constantly; I like when we both use the same character a few times in order to have a chance to adapt to each other. After a few fights, though, I like to mix it up.

I also occasionally enjoy getting crushed by someone really good, since I learn a lot in those fights (though being demolished constantly can get a little disheartening). Unlike opponents near my skill level, I especially like when really good opponents stick to one character, so I have a chance to learn and adapt to one superior fighter, rather than being rapid-fire destroyed by half the roster.

As for matchups, as an Ike and Shulk player, I love fighting largely or exclusively melee characters like Captain Falcon or the FE crew. Those fights are very tense and let me utilize my characters to the fullest, rather than shielding projectiles half the fight. I also really like when I get to face a character who is generally considered weaker in SSB4. I don't ever get to see a lot of characters like WFT, Palutena, or G&W, since they rarely appear in tournaments and my friends don't generally use them. So when I face someone online who has really mastered one of the lower-tier characters, I get very excited.

• 1 month later...

Beating on Little Macs - this one time, I two stocked a Little Mac in under 35 seconds with Ike's dair and bair respectively - he barely got 23% on me.

Usually, it's those razor wire matches with someone who knows what they're doing and is competent (near my skill level) that stays for more than one match.

I really enjoy just learning something new, the competitive sport, seeing different game styles, and the surprising matchup, unless their the obvious Ness, ZSS bunch. But winning feels good after a good read and doing dank combos. Even 2 stocking your opponent feels most greatest. It's not worth a replay save its a common match, but a 2-0 is great. I don't like dirty plays though. I mean Wario Bike spam.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, June 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, June 7, 2015 - No reason given

I like fighting people who use at least a few different characters, stay for multiple matches, and are around my skill level. Bonus points if we make a silent pact to taunt at the start of each match.

Personally, I like gimping on For Glory (though I don't like getting gimped myself). Spiking, Stage-spiking, or even cheap tricks with Ganondorf for example all make those games memorable to myself. I find landing those moves to be pretty funny and really satisfying. It's as if I feed off the rage of my opponents on For Glory.

Clone matches; where you battle to show the other user "You're the clone, I'm the Real Deal!"

Pretty much all of this