Imagine this?

Morgan

What if Fe14 allows kids AFTER you complete the main game. Let's say you just finished the main story. The credits roll and some of your characters are married off (this is theorizing that there will be marriage in this game)

After that, it'd be like post game material. New paralouges open up with recruitable children with some whole new supports to try out. If not this, then maybe an optional DLC that features a time jump?

I'll admit I was a sucker for the children and loved them a lot. I know not everyone liked them but they made the game a little bit better for me. As long as it's not time travel again I'm good. So thoughts? Could you see Fe14 being like this and including kids so that its is even more similar to Awakening?

There would have to be huge time skip for that to be possible with out terrible time travel shenanigans. This includes having to make older sprites and models for all of the other characters. It seems really unlikely. Honestly, they shouldn't just implement mechanics so that the game is more similar to Awakening. Let this be it's own game, not Awakening 2.0

Sounds a bit like what I was going to do back in the day when I was trying to make the story that's now a fanfic into a fangame...only the kids were playable in trial maps like PoR's with no story added.

I kinda agree with Kysfaen. I didn't mind the time travel in Awakening but I wouldn't want to see it reused. If they do it again, timeskip please, more like FE4 even if I haven't played it.