Illusory Revelations#FE General Discussion

Bullshit. The "Artist" name displayed during battle is most likely the name of the character.

It is. In fact, when Kiria's turn is up, her name are the kanji displayed. Her full name is "Karia Kurono", main guy's surname I can't tell due to it being a kanji with a weird radicals combination, but his given name is probably Itsuki. Pegasus Girl is Tsubaki Oribe, and Redhead (though the pronunciation of kanji could be different) reads as Masuma Akatama.

Edited by Aiddon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is. In fact, when Karia's turn is up, her name are the kanji displayed. Her full name is "Karia Kurono", main guy's surname I can't tell due to it being a kanji with a weird radicals combination, but his given name is probably Itsuki. Pegasus Girl is Tsubaki Oribe, and Redhead (though the pronunciation of kanji could be different) reads as Masuma Akatama.

I'LL STOP BEING LAZY!

. . .that's an awful last name. 蒼 seems to be a name-only way of writing "blue", so Itsuki's last name is something like Aoi ("Sou" sounds even more awkward).

Redhead's even worse - his name doesn't clear up like Itsuki's one. I grabbed a screenie of Nintendo's video - it's slightly clearer.

q2cDR1b.jpg

By using well-known CSI techniques like, zoom, enhance, and "trace the IP address of the guy's last cigarette", I came to the conclusion that I have no idea what that second character is in Redhead's last name. . .but it doesn't seem to be "tama".

Pza4L9v.png

The negative reactions to the trailer were jarring, since my reaction post apology was "okay HYPE", but since I've been given more context on it, it's understandable.Now, since this is a general discussion thread, how about that FE11/12 Tiki? I'm pretty glad it's not FE13 Tiki, anyway.

I'm not convinced Tiki's a kid... Her face seems to cry, "young adult" or "late teenager (teen-thousandager? XD)" to me, personally, although I cannot figure out how tall she is compared to the main characters, who appear to be in their late teens. (I'd personally be happy with older Tiki, though. :P *bricked*) There's no doubt her outfit is SD-esque, of course. I guess we'll find out her age eventually. *shrug*

BTW, I like the song in the trailer. :3

I'm not convinced Tiki's a kid... Her face seems to cry, "young adult" or "late teenager (teen-thousandager? XD)" to me, personally, although I cannot figure out how tall she is compared to the main characters, who appear to be in their late teens. (I'd personally be happy with older Tiki, though. :P *bricked*) There's no doubt her outfit is SD-esque, of course. I guess we'll find out her age eventually. *shrug*

BTW, I like the song in the trailer. :3

Her resemblance to her FE11 design was basically why I was thinking she was using her FE1/3/11/12 age. I mainly like it more because Tiki is a kid in my eyes, since I hate FE13 Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

I'LL STOP BEING LAZY!

. . .that's an awful last name. 蒼 seems to be a name-only way of writing "blue", so Itsuki's last name is something like Aoi ("Sou" sounds even more awkward).

Redhead's even worse - his name doesn't clear up like Itsuki's one. I grabbed a screenie of Nintendo's video - it's slightly clearer.

q2cDR1b.jpg

By using well-known CSI techniques like, zoom, enhance, and "trace the IP address of the guy's last cigarette", I came to the conclusion that I have no idea what that second character is in Redhead's last name. . .but it doesn't seem to be "tama".

Pza4L9v.png

okay, I screwed up on Redhead's given name. It's Touma (斗馬) which is an appropriate name considering his debut class is a cavalier (the kanji for his name read as "dipper' (like for containing water) and "horse") I still can't tell what the second kanji for his name is exactly, but the first one is definitely "Aka" (red)

So I had a nice chat with someone, and he pointed out the following:

Itsuki = Blue

Karia = Black

Touma = Red

Tsubaki = ????

I can't figure out what else her last name could be, as "Oribe" looks pretty good to me.

EDIT: Grabbed the video off of YouTube, and it's helped a little. . .with Touma's last name. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to read it. Here's what it looks like, IMO: 赤城

Edited by eclipse

Some gameplay speculation:

This unknown character seems to be the one who summons Aversa. Note that it's done under open skies

FExSMT_07_zpsuraqhaus.jpg

In the end of the trailer, the blue haired girl confronts Aversa. Yet again, they're in the middle of the city under open skies.

FExSMT_08_zps4p2xrl1p.jpg

However, in the battle scene shown in the middle of the trailer, they're fighting in a stage. In fact, all battles seem to take place in variations of that stage. There's also one that looks more fantasy-like.

FExSMT_04_zpsyxw0on8b.jpg

So, I think all battles take place in those kinds of arena, doesn't matter where they are storywise when the combat begins.

So I had a nice chat with someone, and he pointed out the following:

Itsuki = Blue

Karia = Black

Touma = Red

Tsubaki = ????

I can't figure out what else her last name could be, as "Oribe" looks pretty good to me.

EDIT: Grabbed the video off of YouTube, and it's helped a little. . .with Touma's last name. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to read it. Here's what it looks like, IMO: 赤城

Could make sense; if you read it literally, it's "red city" or "red castle".

Also, it was bugging me last night, but that's Tsubasa : P

FE13 Tiki would have looked kind of bizarre in idol form (as bizarre as any of the others that is). So sticking with loli Tiki works better than, boob!Tiki from fe13, which would've been an awkward look.

Well, nothing suggests she isn't, say, a Tiki in her "late 'teen-thousands'" (see what I did there? :D *bricked*), rather than either 1000 or 3000 year-old Tiki of the previous games (personally, I'm thinking it's "late teen-thousand" Tiki, but again, we'll have to wait and see).

Could make sense; if you read it literally, it's "red city" or "red castle".

Also, it was bugging me last night, but that's Tsubasa : P

Oh yeah, her name IS Tsubasa; ki and sa are alike except for ONE brush stroke.

As for her name, these are the kanji for it: 織部. Which means she's the ONLY one who doesn't have a color theme in her name.

As for Touma, it seems his name reads as "Akagi" such as Mount Akagi in the Kanto region of Japan.

so, the official names are:

Itsuki Aoi

Tsubasa Oribe

Touma Akagi

Kiria Kurono

Edited by Aiddon

For some reason, I felt like looking at the trailer again, I dunno why. I guess maybe I WANT to be interested in the game, but just can't.

I think the two people at 0:33 are Ike and Elincia. Which would really annoy me because "Ike" is scrawny as all hell. And "Elincia" is dressed like Velma Dinkley (from Scooby Doo. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Velma and I find her outfit kind of cute, but I don't think it works for Elincia). >_>

But "Ike" has very VERY similar hair to RD Ike, is wearing blue like in PoR, and also may have blue eyes. "Elincia" has the right shade of green hair, a similar hair style, and is wearing red and orange, which was her color scheme in PoR. She also might have golden brown eyes as Elincia does.

Yeah, if these two are Ike and Elincia, I'm definitely passing up this game. I don't want to see two of my favorite characters get ruined like this. I could ignore scrawny RoboIke in Awakening since that design didn't actually get an in-game model, but this is just awful.

Edited by Anacybele

For some reason, I felt like looking at the trailer again, I dunno why. I guess maybe I WANT to be interested in the game, but just can't.

I think the two people at 0:33 are Ike and Elincia. Which would really annoy me because "Ike" is scrawny as all hell. And "Elincia" is dressed like Velma Dinkley (from Scooby Doo. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Velma and I find her outfit kind of cute, but I don't think it works for Elincia). >_>

Nah, the male's Chrom. The female I have no idea. Look at the picture in the spoiler below:

tumblr_nm7rr6p7Uv1shs6r4o1_1280.jpg (source)

The male in the time frame you posted and the male in this picture have I think the same hairstyle. If so, then the male in the time frame is indeed Chrom

Or Kon can prove me wrong. That works!

Edited by DodgeDusk

But "Ike" has very VERY similar hair to RD Ike, is wearing blue like in PoR, and also may have blue eyes. "Elincia" has the right shade of green hair, a similar hair style, and is wearing red and orange, which was her color scheme in PoR. She also might have golden brown eyes as Elincia does.

Yeah, if these two are Ike and Elincia, I'm definitely passing up this game. I don't want to see two of my favorite characters get ruined like this. I could ignore scrawny RoboIke in Awakening since that design didn't actually get an in-game model, but this is just awful.

Nah, they're not, they're the MCs, Blue's the Marth/Sigurd looking guy and Clippy is the girl who keeps wearing the weird bunny ears in most of the trailer. Their names are Itsuki Aoi and Tsubasa Oribe, btw

Their hair is also shown as being closer to black in the anime sequences ~o3o~

Blue hair and blue eyes doesn't mean he's Ike, lol. It just means he's the Lord by FE standards

Ohhh, okay. I see, thanks guys. I've been making mistakes about this trailer over and over anyway, it's so confusing. >_<

In your defense, it really doesn't focus on anything long enough to get a good look at anything without continued pausing.

I even second guessed myself about Tiki while watching the trailer the first time.

I swear, almost everyone on the internet has still been incorrectly identfying the characters in the trailer (aside from Tiki, which is correct) as FE characters while the posters in the background show them with their actual names. o.o; I think someone even thought the red-haired guy was Kieran.

Edited by DarkGold777

I swear, almost everyone on the internet has still been incorrectly identfying the characters in the trailer (aside from Tiki, which is correct) as FE characters while the posters in the background show them with their actual names. o.o; I think someone even thought the red-haired guy was Kieran.

Well, can you blame them? Atlus made them really unidentifiable aside from Tiki.

Oh, but if Kieran really was in that trailer, I'd squee. <3

In your defense, it really doesn't focus on anything long enough to get a good look at anything without continued pausing.

I even second guessed myself about Tiki while watching the trailer the first time.

Yeah, true that.

Wow, to screw up katakana. . .thanks you guys!

Too bad we didn't get green-haired girl's name, or pigtails.

I'm wondering if the green haired is potentially Kiria in non-idol outfit.

As for the girl with pigtails, I think she's Kiria as well.

dggl6t5l.png

C9FKF5dl.png

Both seems to have the same shade of hair and they're both using the same microphone (or at least two that are really similar). Furthermore, you can see what seems to be pigtails' torso on the screen behind Kiria in the second shot.

Hmm the stuff about the battle system is really intriguing. I would love a Paper Mario TTYD style audience. Taken up a notch, it would definitely add a different aspect of strategy. And it's nice to see that FE spells and possibly the weapon triangles will be included.

I think once we start learning more about the gameplay people will warm up to the game. It's pretty much guaranteed that the characters will transform into FE characters/classes but I'm curious to learn exactly how this happens. Hopefully there's a bunch of different options, FE has plenty of characters after all. How cool would it be to have your party be Sigurd/Caeda/Jaffar/Micaiah? Or Ike/Eirika/Eliwood/Celica. The possibilities, man. :P

darn it gamexplain

this is your second video where you incorrectly called tiki 500 years old in sd

Also, I'm not sure if the "critical hit" is indeed a critical like they are so confident about... But then again, I never played or seen a lick of SMT/Persona, so... ^_^;

It was interesting, and the quality of video that they used for the pauses was a lot clearer - enough that reading things wasn't painful. It looked like the last scene (Tsubasa's "I'm not gonna run") takes place on the actual streets, as opposed to an arena. Thanks for linking~!