Illusory Revelations#FE General Discussion

I just saw something that has somehow slipped by me and I don't think anyone has mentioned and gameXplained missed it too I think, the fire emblem symbol from SD and NMotE appears in the trailer.

I mean this:

aXZd8i3.png

(Image taken from wiki).

Just look at their school uniforms, though the orbs are in place in the emblem on their uniforms

1zKH0RD.png

xze7dJr.png

Now I wonder what the school is going to be called since they use that symbol.

Edited by that one person

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some translations of the skills they use in the game. Along with all attacks being part of a combo, they are using Fire Emblem magic like Elthunder and Blizzard, but with the SMT icons for elements. They are also using SMT skills like the wind based Gust Shot.

I'm 99% confident that the Fire Emblem characters are transformations/class changes. Assuming we only ever get the five characters from the trailer, Itsuki seems to appear in three different outfits. We first see his Marth outfit, shortly after that we see a dark Chrom-ish looking guy who I believe to be Itsuki, and then we see a sword wielding guy with barely visible dark hair who I also believe to be Itsuki. Obviously we have Marth/Sigurd and Chrom appearances, but I think that last one might actually be the game's take on Alm's Dread Fighter.

We only seem to see Tsubaki as a Pegasus Knight, likely Caeda. Toma, as others have said, seems to be the embodiment of Cain, but I think he may actually fill both the Cain and Abel archetypes as Cains are
normally more serious but Toma is very laid back.

Then we have Kiria who is a mage. The only connection I can make between her and any character is Soren due to the use of Wind magic and the overall dark coloring. This one is flimsy at best.

Lastly we have the blue haired, blonde chick. I can't figure out anything about her.

I made a fair sized post on Game Xplain's video but can't grab it on my phone and I don't get off of work until 6am central. If someone wants to grab it before then, my YT name is the same as here.

Edit: It is morning and I am now home, so here is my YT post. The time stamps go to Game Xplain's analysis video.

Ok, lets see if I can give this a shot.

Before we start, I'd like to say that Serene's Forest has done an excellent job analyzing the trailer and some of my information, names in particular, will be pulled from there. You can find it here: http://serenesforest.net/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem/april-direct-analysis/

Starting off with the original trailer Nintendo showed two years ago, it seems like the Fire Emblem stuff will be taken from the major characters of the series as everyone in it was either a Lord(Marth, Eirika, Elincia, Hector, Lyn, Ike, Eliwood, Roy, Ephraim, Micaiah, Chrom, and Lucina) or in very close proximity to a Lord(Caeda, Lilina, and Sothe). This information will come in handy later.

Next, we do know the characters names as they can be seen in the parts where the battles are playing out. Lord boy's name is Itsuki Aoi, pegasus chick is Tsubasa Oribe, red haired dude is Toma Akagi, and the other girl is Kiria Kurono. You can see their names as the "Artist" under the attacks.

Starting at around 2:43, we see the dark Chrom looking character. So here I'll start my first bit of speculation. Based on the fact that we seemingly only have four characters in our group and the SMT franchise's penchant for having many swappable allies, I think each of the four main characters can take on different forms based on Fire Emblem characters. The Chrom looking character, in my opinion, is one of Itsuki's forms, along with Marth and, likely, all the other (probably Male only)Lords based on the icon by his name in battle.

The part starting at

, that is almost certainly transformation.

Starting at 5:21, we get to see Toma. I think you guys are right on the money with your assumption that he is a Cavalier. However, he isn't just any Cavalier. In my opinion, his form is that of Kain from the first Fire Emblem, and an archetype(potentially a pair of archetypes) that has lasted throughout the series.

At 6:57, the pegasus knight you're talking about appears to be another form of Tsubasa's.

At 7:20, the enemy you claim to be the Black Knight can be seen later on at 17:21.

I don't need to comment on Tiki, because that is very obviously Tiki. This would make the tree in the background the Mila Tree and the shrine is likely the altar inside of the Naga's Cradle.

At 10:00, we see the main characters at school. There isn't much here, but as Serene's Forest pointed out, there is a hidden detail. The patch that the characters have on their shirts is in fact the Fire Emblem, the shield and all five orbs.

At 11:21, you guys weren't sure what Kiria's class was. To me, the icon is clearly that of a mage, thanks to the hat. The fact that she is using Wind/Ice magic later on is pretty much sealing that deal. You'll also notice that Ituski's icon is actually Chrom at this point.

The sword wielding guy at 16:11 appears to be a Myrmidon type character and it is fighting what seems to be, at least visually, something related to Toma. Though, now that I think about it, the myrmidon could be another of Itsuki's forms. This time it would be Alm in his Dread Fighter class from Fire Emblem Awakening.

At 19:06, the enemy is named Gangrel and shares many visual similarities with him. At 19:43, the enemy is named Aversa and very much resembles a Dark Flier.

Also, the bar at the bottom is in the format or Attack and then who is performing the attack below it.

As far as Fire Emblem references go, that is about all I can see.
Edited by Suichimo

To me it sounds kind of like Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (the F/SN magical girl spinoff). Where the characters will be able to assume the powers of heroes of legend (read: FE characters) in battle. Maybe even have a thing where they'll come across rogue spirits of FE characters, defeat them, and then gain the ability to assume their identities. From what I know of SMT, that sounds likely.

Seeing the parts of the video with the battle system and dungeon maps, the game really seems like persona except with the fire emblem classes rather than demons for the persona, and fire emblem themed stuff being the conflict instead of the dark hour or fog. Also, they could be merging social links and support conversations.

Seeing the parts of the video with the battle system and dungeon maps, the game really seems like persona except with the fire emblem classes rather than demons for the persona, and fire emblem themed stuff being the conflict instead of the dark hour or fog. Also, they could be merging social links and support conversations.

Social Supports sound very likely. With how DeSu 2 worked and seeing as this is the Devil Survivor team.

To me it sounds kind of like Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (the F/SN magical girl spinoff). Where the characters will be able to assume the powers of heroes of legend (read: FE characters) in battle. Maybe even have a thing where they'll come across rogue spirits of FE characters, defeat them, and then gain the ability to assume their identities. From what I know of SMT, that sounds likely.

This is how I saw it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Amidst all the PR selling this as your average fanservicey jrpg about idols and bust sizes, Atlus comes out with a plot twist and it turns out to be Perfect Blue (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Blue) the RPG. With Atlus' colourful and bizzaro track record I won't be surprised.

I'm just trying my best to sell myself the game at this point since I was looking forward to it for so long but haven't found anything particularing exciting/appealing about it bar from few gameplay discussions- which I hope the next blog post or E3 could touch further upon.

But.. Glasses are always good :P

Amidst all the PR selling this as your average fanservicey jrpg about idols and bust sizes, Atlus comes out with a plot twist and it turns out to be Perfect Blue (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Blue) the RPG. With Atlus' colourful and bizzaro track record I won't be surprised.

I'm just trying my best to sell myself the game at this point since I was looking forward to it for so long but haven't found anything particularing exciting/appealing about it bar from few gameplay discussions- which I hope the next blog post or E3 could touch further upon.

I actually remember Perfect Blue, quite suspenseful.

It would be incredibly ironic if FEif turns out to be shit while this turns out to be the best thing to ever happen to FE. Considering what the current attitude to the two is at the moment.

It would be incredibly ironic if FEif turns out to be shit while this turns out to be the best thing to ever happen to FE. Considering what the current attitude to the two is at the moment.

Considering IS and Atlus both have amazing game records I'll say both are probably going to be excellent.

Worst game IS made isn't even related to FE and was mainly due to Miyamoto interfering and hell I don't think Atlus has ever made something critically despised.

Considering IS and Atlus both have amazing game records I'll say both are probably going to be excellent.

Worst game IS made isn't even related to FE and was mainly due to Miyamoto interfering and hell I don't think Atlus has ever made something critically despised.

Oh, I'm sure they'll both be decent at worst. Don't have a Wii U, though, so I'll probably skip out on Illusory Revelations. Being at college and all, I don't really have opportunities for gaming outside of computer and handheld stuff.

You mean a bit like The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance 10 years ago?

Everybody hyped the former to death and ignored the latter, but the latter turned out to be the better game (although it depends on your preference).

That said, I can't imagine IS making a terrible FE game, especially with the budget they've given FE if.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to this more than FE if at the moment. The trailer disappointed me at first, making me think they mostly gave up on incorporating Fire Emblem at all, but after reading some analyses and rewatching it a dozen or so times... I don't know. Something just clicked. I've never even played a Shin Megami Tensei game (or any derivatives). I'll have to change that.

Meanwhile... I just can't get excited about the only proper Fire Emblem game slated for release, for whatever reason. I'm sure I'll love it, but...

It's definitely looking a lot different than I anticipated, but I think it will turn out well.

They're doing something new that isn't too bound by the rules of either series. I feel bad saying this, but my hopes for IR#FE are higher than that of FEif.

They're doing something new that isn't too bound by the rules of either series. I feel bad saying this, but my hopes for IR#FE are higher than that of FEif.

I'm going back and forth between the two in terms of which looks better. Nintendo's messing with our heads, showing two FE games in one Direct.

I'm slightly more interested in this game, because the Wii U desperately needs more RPG's, and even though that trailer makes me skeptical, you usually can't go wrong with a JRPG from Altus. FE14 looks interesting, but at the core it's just another Fire Emblem game.

My thoughts on the game can be summed up with one quote:

"There appears to have been a fusion accident."

Edited by Leon of Nohr