"Choices" or lack thereof...

nordopolica

So with the revelation that there'll be two copies of the game, with only one path available in each, do you think this is the extent of the so-called 'choices' the game was meant to be built around?

Unfortunately, I do. I mean, if you buy a physical copy, you don't even GET an in-game choice of who to side with, which was kind of hyped up to be the big choice. Disappointing, but I could be proven wrong.

So what are your thoughts? Could there be more choices, or has Nintendo just embellished the fact that the only choice you get is which edition to buy?

So with the revelation that there'll be two copies of the game, with only one path available in each, do you think this is the extent of the so-called 'choices' the game was meant to be built around?

Unfortunately, I do. I mean, if you buy a physical copy, you don't even GET an in-game choice of who to side with, which was kind of hyped up to be the big choice. Disappointing, but I could be proven wrong.

So what are your thoughts? Could there be more choices, or has Nintendo just embellished the fact that the only choice you get is which edition to buy?

I doubt that's the end of it. Think about it.

The FIRST choice is choosing a side, and they explicitly stated that we'd have choices, so there are more choices along the line within a campaign.

Which means...

REPLAYABILITY!

I doubt that's the end of it. Think about it.

The FIRST choice is choosing a side, and they explicitly stated that we'd have choices, so there are more choices along the line within a campaign.

Which means...

REPLAYABILITY!

I hope so. Maybe it's just me being cynical, but I suppose we don't actually know much about the actual storyline or any choices that could accompany it.

In any case, I hope there's some amount of replayability in each individual path (at least more than Awakening.) I still think I'm going to buy both versions lmao

Nintendo of America/Europe haven't mentioned the multiple versions yet, so there is still a possibility that the western version of the game will be similar to the downloadable one in Japan. I'd imagine that there will be other decisions to make. Let's just hope they will be significant, unlike the "choices" in Awakening.

A lot of FE games have choices (or alternate maps) so I doubt the choice between Nohr and Hoshido will be the only one. That said, it might just be like Awakening where you are given the illusion of choice, but your choices not really mattering.

Like I said in another, dual-version is a very poor way to introduce people to the concept of 'Make a choice'. :/

And if I have to choose a third, logical, option, I have to pay for it as a DLC. What.

I still hope there will be a lot of 'real' choices, but still, this dual-version thing, it's mind-blowingly dumb.

Then again after that crap they pulled I feel pretty pessimistic.

Edited by B.Leu

There will be more choices to make if going the trailer, if all the choices is simply boiling down to picking a side then it indeed a very misleading promise. Even if you had decided a path, there are still choices to make to further impact the story is what I think they are doing.

Im buying japanese so I guess I'll find out.

Does anyone know when more info is going to be released?

Yeah I'm going to import too and I'll probably buy the limited edition/ both versions because I am an unbelievable fangirl.

I just hope if there ARE choices, they aren't Awakening-level redundant and actually have some sort of story/emotional impact.