Some cool Screenshots I took from the new FE: IF trailer

Noahfest

Hoshido's story is going to be like a more traditional FE game. The gameplay is going to be more like Awakening/Gaiden/Sacred Stones with a world map and such. Nohr's story is going to be more ambitious apparently, and appears to be more like older FE games where you go from chapter to chapter. (At the very least they said Nohr is going to be lacking in the ability to grind and freely gain gold.)

In terms of story, yeah, Hoshido is traditional "big country invades little country and little country fights back" stuff. But for gameplay, Hoshido draws more from FE13 while Nohr is more like older FEs, limited resources, no World Map, possible arena, etc.

Ohhh. I somehow misunderstood and totally missed this part then. ._. Either I was just paying too much attention to the trailer and not enough to the commentary or this bit just totally slipped my mind.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual. . .we agree on everything except the small details. I've dubbed the blond mage knight "constipated Robin". Oh, and he's got eyelashes, drawn in (unlike Marx).

This is also an amazing nickname XD And yeah, the blond mage knight does look like one of the Robin builds. Marx kinda scares me.

I've dubbed the Dark Knight "hot looking Dark Knight" until further notice. My favorite If design thus far, obviously.

Ohhh. I somehow misunderstood and totally missed this part then. ._. Either I was just paying too much attention to the trailer and not enough to the commentary or this bit just totally slipped my mind.

I think it was only revealed in the Japan direct or something like that, because it actually wasn't stated in the NA direct that Nohr gameplay would be more traditional FE. It was stated Hoshido story is more traditional, though.

One more, this time my favorite character so far the Dark Knight/Dark Mage (I dunno haha) from Nohr!

cGm0E5E.png

Great SS man he sure seems like an interesting character and the armor is gorgeous. Still he is a Dark Knight at least a pretty similar one appears on the first trailer as an enemy commander

My favourite designs so far are definitely Marx, Ryouma, and Hinoka. Least favourites would be Camilla and blonde pigtails. It's gonna be tough going through Nohr first when I mostly like the Hoshido characters better.

Also that dark knight totally does look like a blonde Marth.

Edited by Owain Dark

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, April 4, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, April 4, 2015 - No reason given

I think it was only revealed in the Japan direct or something like that, because it actually wasn't stated in the NA direct that Nohr gameplay would be more traditional FE. It was stated Hoshido story is more traditional, though.

Oh, okay, that explains it then. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't even notice Camila's lower half until just now. Wow, that's so dumb it's almost funny. Well, they're clearly keeping the same style as Awakening, so it's not exactly a surprise after characters like Tharja and Aversa. (When I first saw her in the trailer I even said, "There's Aversa.")

Hey, that screenshot shows that characters can have six skills now instead of five. That's pretty neat. :o

Also, I hate Camilla already. That design is even worse than Tharja's. Just, ugh. She might as well only be in her underwear if she's going to go around with her panties and bra showing like that. The heavy cleavage is stupid too. As are her transplant-looking round big boobs. I bet if my stepdad happened to glance over at my screen and see her, he'd be like "What the fuck are you playing?!" -_-

Yay someone agrees with me she looks awful~!

Though really... Idg why people are into that stuff. It's one thing to be wearing almost nothing a la Tharja (and I hate Tharja), and it's another to be wearing full on armor, but expose underwear and cleavage. It's stupid, at least Tharja was kinda... entirely about that and in a squishy class design wise.

/rant about the only thing about Nohr I dislike atm.

It's almost like the female Fire Emblem fans don't like hypersexualized female characters. I wonder why. :P:

Besides the boobs and visible underwear, I think there is still plenty to like about her character design. The black and gold armor is exquisitely detailed, she has long flowing hair and unique hair ornaments resembling horns. My reaction toTharja and Aversa was "hey booby lady" but Camilla is a well considered character design. Oneesan of the year! (although I'm still picking Hoshido for my first playthrough)

It's almost like the female Fire Emblem fans don't like hypersexualized female characters. I wonder why. :P:

Besides the boobs and visible underwear, I think there is still plenty to like about her character design. The black and gold armor is exquisitely detailed, she has long flowing hair and unique hair ornaments resembling horns. My reaction toTharja and Aversa was "hey booby lady" but Camilla is a well considered character design. Oneesan of the year! (although I'm still picking Hoshido for my first playthrough)

Eh, to me it's a kind of "once you see it you can't unsee it" thing. It's so "seen" that I wind up ignoring the rest of her design and can't really bring myself to like it as a result.

While that's not exactly wrong in my case, it's more that it's just...dumb. Can you imagine going into battle and riding a dragon in your underwear?

Thing is, I don't actually care too much because I care more about how a character is written than how they're designed. If Camilla is a super well-written character, I'll love her despite the appearance.

Because we want to be seen as people and not as sex objects? Making women so scantily clad and sexualized in media wouldn't help with that at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Because we want to be seen as people and not as sex objects? Making women so scantily clad and sexualized in media wouldn't help with that at all.

This. Picture it being the other way around and there's a guy with a massive bulge between his legs and not wearing much functional armor/clothing. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?

inb4 somebody brings up the shirtless Ike avatar controversy

This. Picture it being the other way around and there's a guy with a massive bulge between his legs and not wearing much functional armor/clothing. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?

Yeah, this.

Please don't... You're going to give people the wrong ideas.

Edited by Anacybele

I just knew somebody was going to elude to that -_-

For the record, I wouldn't be happy with oversexualized men either. I mean once my video games start looking like hentai, that's when I draw the line.

Edited by Dragoncat

Maybe, but bringing it up probably wouldn't have stopped them.

Anyway, back on topic... As for female designs I do like so far, just default female Kamui. The others don't stand out to me that much. They're not bad at all though, aside from Camilla.

Anyway, back on topic... As for female designs I do like so far, just default female Kamui.

I thought female Kamui was awful. Compare her to her male counterpart.

- He's standing with sword extended

- She's on her tiptoes (if you draw shoes on her, she'd be wearing high heels), with her back arched in such a way that I question how many vertebra she has, and her inner thigh is exposed

Awakening did a pretty good job of making Avatar's uniform unisex - this game didn't.

Hinoka has a cool design. Even if they did kinda copy Sully with the hair style.

- She's on her tiptoes (if you draw shoes on her, she'd be wearing high heels), with her back arched in such a way that I question how many vertebra she has, and her inner thigh is exposed

Awakening did a pretty good job of making Avatar's uniform unisex - this game didn't.

Sounds like an artwork thing to me. Ingame she'd be in a better pose.

Edited by Dragoncat

Well, I felt that male Kamui looked stupid. His neck makes me wonder how he can hold his head up and that hair...just...what. He also looks too kiddy, imo.

I do agree that female Kamui has her back arched really weird though. And I also would've preferred her thighs to not be exposed. But otherwise, I think she's adorable. Though she's also kind of kiddy. I hope I can make her look older, as you could with Awakening's Avatar.

Edited by Anacybele

I was being facetious guys. I wish they'd tone back on the fan-service as well. My favorite designs in the series were from the GBA era, where women were much more modestly clad. More Priscilla and less Tharja, thanks.

Well Just look at beserkers in older Fire Emblem games, just look at them, no functional armor at all, only an arm armor and abs of steel. And no one complains about it.

Also look at the Warrior class in awakening. It looks like a fetish of some sort and again no one complained about it.

Anyways I think that it's too much fan service for a single character. I hate over-sexualized characters. Of both genders.

I really don't think more fanservice is the answer to fanservice. Rather than just making both genders sex objects, they should just focus on making good design choices that can please everyone. You can admire a character's looks without having to drool all over them, seriously.

This is exactly what I think, sexualizing characters is always a bad option, unless the character has some kind of backstory for it

Edited by Haon

Well Just look at beserkers in older Fire Emblem games, just look at them, no functional armor at all, only an arm armor and abs of steel. And no one complains about it.

Also look at the Warrior class in awakening. It looks like a fetish of some sort and again no one complained about it.

Neither of them were flailing huge dicks around. They had pants on.

I really don't think more fanservice is the answer to fanservice. Rather than just making both genders sex objects, they should just focus on making good design choices that can please everyone. You can admire a character's looks without having to drool all over them, seriously.

*applause*